The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hilarious & Sad Moments With High MR Players

ZombieLorde91

On 11/7/2016 at 7:31 PM, Arniox said:

idk why limbo gets so much hate. He's a really good frame. he gives constant, insane protection and really good energy over time.

Limbo is hated because he needs to be planned around to be good. If you are in the rift you get locked out of combat unless you use abilities. Any enemies in the rift are untouchable by anyone not in the rift making it unfun for a team who isn't based around Limbo. He can be a powerful frame but he takes so much planning that it's almost not worth it when we have frames like Nova that take almost no planning and are always good.

Multiple mentions of CP in here.

I've noticed this goes in stages. Not played much, don't know about CP. Played enough to have read all the theoryframing and put it into practice to become 1337, now you're the one that tells nubs what's what - even more satisfying when you learn those MR 22 nubs - CP CP CP! Played far too much, don't give a damn anymore, take whatever the hell you like.

4 minutes ago, Luther848 said:

Limbo is hated because he needs to be planned around to be good. If you are in the rift you get locked out of combat unless you use abilities. Any enemies in the rift are untouchable by anyone not in the rift making it unfun for a team who isn't based around Limbo. He can be a powerful frame but he takes so much planning that it's almost not worth it when we have frames like Nova that take almost no planning and are always good.

Honestly... I don't think so, as if there's mass-rifting, there's a bubble you can move in, and powers worth through it.

If they're just randomly 1-rifting things all over, and not dealing with them on a one-on-one basis, they're not playing very well.

The problem is, most people don't bother learning how Limbo works - most 'common' frames have relatively simple mechanics.

Limbo needs very active playing and micro-ing of the powers, it's a lot of one-vs-one and active defence. But people often when trying it don't want to learn, so rank and dump it, which is a shame, as a good Limbo is an asset to any team, in just about any game mode.

My funny story is that the OP thinks the rift gives energy to WoF when it doesn't and it blocks energy orb pickups so its essentially harming energy replenishment. It's also not a requirement to backflip in order to get out of rift as that rule applies to volts speed only. Any and all rolls will pull you out of rift.

12 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

The problem is, most people don't bother learning how Limbo works - most 'common' frames have relatively simple mechanics.

I can sort of attest to this - oftentimes, when I encounter a Limbo in a public sortie, we all kind of get the gist of the role he has to play. If it's defense, he banish the operative and presumably squishy frames. If it's spy, he can just waltz in the vault, and so on and so on. Though, I'm not sure if that correlates to @Luther848 argument of planning.

19 hours ago, Cloud said:

Since the origins of loot cave MR does not mean anything. First MR at least guarantee an "essential" time who you should spend on your frame/weapons to level them. During this time, even if you did not like that frame/weapon, you would understand its features. Now you can simply leech on bere or others, in 1-2 round doing nothing you can max any frame or weapon , and you don't even need to understand those features. Btw you can't judge players ability or skill from a single game, and many times they can be using strategies who you don't know, and they don't care to explain. For example your ember could be using arcane energy to counter an energy hungry build, and since you told that you banish him frequently, he was pissed off and choose to stop you.    

I still refuse to do Berehynia as I did when we had Draco, I would much prefer to bring my new weapons to Pavlov, Lua. I love the rift puzzles to no end, love doing the drift challenges, and get to get attached to the way my new weapons work, while still leveling them at a decent rate. Usually about 10-15 runs will max out a new weapon if I don't bring my Helios and only bring the one I'm leveling and a powerful weapon in case of emergency

This topic is.... to be fair, some high MR players just play the usual OP frames and know nothing about the other frames(which a lot of low MR players do too since everyone wants to have the highest kills in the after mission report), so it is quite normal.

MR doesn't mean anything. How one perform in the game reflects how well a player he is.

23 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

People keep mentioning it like everyone has it.

I've never seen it. I hear it's from alerts but 800 hours of play time and i've never, not once, seen an alert for CP.

That's another thing I want to point out. Not everyone has it.

My squad had a team expecting one of our 4 players, who was MR 5, to have a CP. Ofc, MR doesn't equal someone having a guaranteed chance of having it, either. I think I've been in a squad where a MR 17 person didn't have it.

We should learn to ask "Do you have" instead of "Can you use".

As for my contribution to the main topic.. I'm having a hard time thinking up these moments. One of them probably involves a player named after the appearance of a crescent moon.

There was this once, not a long time ago, me and 2 m8s we were doing some sortie mission on Uranus (2nd mission, and it was a rescue) and this 4th joined (we normally keep it public because we might help some new player or someone that simply needs help) a MR18 or around that, and unlike us he rushed as usual and got to a friendly door, (a door that needs 2 players to open) we noticed, however we were taking our time, not slowing it down but we were killing everything while getting closer to where the guy was.

But then he made a mistake, he started cussing at us and telling us that we didn't know any parkour or how2befast, at that point we stopped, and if we were going slow and enjoying the game before, now we were going nowhere. His salt lvls were through the roof, and at some point I typed "Get off my lawn!" and he left never to be seen again.

The problem is that if would've said "Guys can you please hurry (insert whatever excuse or not here, for example: I'm burned out by the game just came here to do the sorties and leave asap.)" we would've done that mission super fast, but he chose the wrong option and pissed us off.

And this is why I like playing either with lower ranks (they also enjoy the game either by learning new things or by finding secrets or rare whatever) or alone with my m8s.

i don't have many stories as i play solo most of the time as the team based shooter seems to have a lot of anti team based missions and systems...

but one day i wanted to try a raid and due to not having Corrosive Projection, and having a healing based instead of energy based Trinity ( since Energy Vampire's full burst can trigger with enemy kill) i was kicked. that's about it and i haven't tried a trial since... .>.

18 hours ago, schilds said:

Multiple mentions of CP in here.

I've noticed this goes in stages. Not played much, don't know about CP. Played enough to have read all the theoryframing and put it into practice to become 1337, now you're the one that tells nubs what's what - even more satisfying when you learn those MR 22 nubs - CP CP CP! Played far too much, don't give a damn anymore, take whatever the hell you like.

agreed thats why my pet name for CP is crutch projection

On 11/7/2016 at 8:51 PM, LunarEdge7 said:

It's upsetting me that players are almost always relying on CP, even on level 10-40 Grineer and other armored enemies.

What makes me facepalm hard is seeing someone bring CP into a Corpus-only mission. People forget about SD.

low levels it doesn't matter what aura you have on

CP for corpus mission are usually for oxium osprey and bursa, the other units are easy to kill

On 11/8/2016 at 11:55 AM, Currilicious said:

If I get a dime every time some irradiated tool on Simulor kills me, I think I can afford that shiny car now.

I i got a nickel for every time i killed the MD terminal with my simulor after being irradiated, id afford two cars :-(

9 hours ago, Ailissa said:

People keep mentioning it like everyone has it.

I've never seen it. I hear it's from alerts but 800 hours of play time and i've never, not once, seen an alert for CP.

It is one of the rarer aura's, and you really need to keep an eye out for the alert tracker...

In my 2200? 2500? 2k+ hours of playing, I've only gotten 4 CP's total

Edited by Noobverest

Running Suda Genius exterminate with pugs and Shadow Stalker attacks me.  I announce his arrival and they run ahead/away.

As I'm battling him solo, the extraction countdown timer starts.

I beat him with 30 seconds to go and Hate drops...HATE.

I tell the squad  multiple times to beg off and come get their FREE Hate Blueprint!

...crickets...extraction.

Sigh...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Running Suda Genius exterminate with pugs and Shadow Stalker attacks me.  I announce his arrival and they run ahead/away.

I tell the squad  multiple times to beg off and come get their FREE Hate Blueprint!

Sigh...

To be fair, some people might have everything,

e.g. me

I have like 15 hate/despair/dread/war bp's combined (only like 1 war and despair bp though, despair is rare, and war is new).

5 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

To be fair, some people might have everything,

e.g. me

I have like 15 hate/despair/dread/war bp's combined (only like 1 war and despair bp though, despair is rare, and war is new).

These were mid-MR players.  Possible, but not likely all 3 had it.  

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 11/8/2016 at 5:06 AM, Artek94 said:

The story:

I don't check peoples' MR.

End of story.

Instead i'll tell how stupid i, MR22, get sometimes.

I once forgot that i had MD datamass. I was strolling around the console and was like "are we supposed to do something or?..." for like 20 seconds and then i noticed weird walking stance of my character, noticed something in my left hand... "Oh..."

I apologised in the chat and smashed that data mass into the console and proceded to sit on it to ensure console's survival.

I just imagined that in comic form, lol.

In an embarrassed look with tinted red cheeks, then proceeds to slam the datamass in the console and sit on it cross legged and armed.

Edited by Flashbinder

5 hours ago, CCamp88 said:

I i got a nickel for every time i killed the MD terminal with my simulor after being irradiated, id afford two cars :-(

I have to admit to being one of those tools.

MR21 and could'nt understand why my squad mates just kept on downing and I had to constantly revive them - until one sent me a very polite message asking not to kill them.

Felt so ashamed.

On 11/8/2016 at 1:07 AM, ZombieLorde91 said:

On 11/7/2016 at 5:35 PM, disco_inferno6 said:

Here's an abridgement of your story:

1) You are supposed to know how Limbo works and you only lack the mods to show your true skills in the game.

2) You met one guy that didn't know how Limbo works.

3) He was MR21

4) Hence, all MR 21 don't know how Limbo works.

Very enlightening. Thanks.

With this kind of attitude in the world of real martial arts and real ninjas, your Senpai would kick you out the Dojo, flying.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, funny, trolling and/or serious.

Dead on serious.

It is obvious you have no clue how Ember scales. You were in a sortie 3.

Had the team kept your strategy, you would have stayed there for 1-2 hours.

The fact that you might know one thing doesn't elevate you to a good player. It is obvious that not only you lack the mods but you also lack the knowledge/skill. You have much to learn. And that's alright. It's only normal.

Now if the MR 21 was impolite to you, that's another matter. But it doesn't give you the right to develop an inferiority complex against all MR22's and embark on a crusade against them by trying to discredit them all simply because one of them was impolite to you.

Be respectful. Be modest. Learn the game. Be graceful.

Edited by disco_inferno6

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Sigh...

Cool story. Too bad Stalker can't attack you on syndicates missions.

This threads about sharing stories of high MR players doofing, showing that MR generally only means you spent hours on Draco/Bere and doesn't correlate to skill or knowledge.

41 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

Be respectful. Be modest. Be graceful.

Practice what you preach