Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this guy for real?

Bazingatron13

Question

11 answers to this question

In general, the Soma prime is a more powerful option. That said, it could be that for that player, the Stradavar is a more flexible and useful option. For example, while I will never argue that the Gorgon Wraith is among the top classes of weapons, I use it over my heavily forma'd Soma prime and such on my favored warframe loadout simply for familiarity and having gotten used to it. Perhaps for this situation the player was describing was similar.

Edited by Urlan

Stradavar is better in terms of uses.  Soma is great at pumping out a massive batch of DPS.  Stradavar, having more base damage and still a very decent crit chance (Even in full auto) can pump out similar, albeit less damage.  BUT, Stradavar can also function as a good ranged weapon, that has a higher ammo pool, and it is a non-prime. And just outright sounds cooler.

-sound is opinionated.

Soma Series is certainly universally superior, but Stradavar is only 'bad' if your standard is 'is this Weapon egregiously Overpowered, if no then it is terrible'.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

BUT, Stradavar can also function as a good ranged weapon, that has a higher ammo pool

uhm, Soma Series does your advantages for Stradavar better.

Edited by taiiat

Opinion of subject within spoilers below. OP, your title is misleading

Spoiler

I have witnessed the Stradavar being my bane in Conclave, and I am yet to build a replacement for the last one I disposed of.

I would believe the Stradavar's superiority to the Soma series is only due to it's ability to go semi-auto for missions where enemies die instantaneously from a SINGLE Soma P shot, although the Gorgon series easily does this if fired slowly.

Other than that, compared to other weapons, the Stradavar is an option, but isn't the ultimatum it wants to be (weapon description lies about it's enforcement skills; Soma performs as a true enforcer, whereas the Soma is a Latron/Soma hybrid-downgrade). Nor is it worth using against anything above level 40, I would presume.

Though again, that guy may be saying of it's superiority simply because it, from experience, Stradavar outperforms Soma Prime in Conclave.

I would say that if the Stadavar's alt fire mode took, say, 4 bullets to 1 shot output, with a 4x damage multiplier in semi-auto, and the crit chance was a little higher (17.5 on full auto, 20 on semi?), then it would warrant it's Mastery 8 requirement. As it stands, though, it deserves to have it's place swapped with Tonkor/Penta.