Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All warframes get an Anubis alt helm

LAWD

19 hours ago, LAWD said:

Well I an call him THE god of death if I'm very familiar with his mythos, but yeah we could have Thanatos helm on Valkyrie since they one from same mythos and so on..

Valkyr is a cat/jaguar though. Why would she have the Grecian grim reaper as a helmet when she already has the egyptian goddess of cats and fertility as an alternative?

Also, Valkyr/Valkyrie is to Norse as Thanatos and his boss Hades are to Greek, and I don't see her walking around with a big blade in tow.

Edited by (PS4)Foxkid_8

1 hour ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Valkyr is a cat/jaguar though. Why would she have the Grecian grim reaper as a helmet when she already has the egyptian goddess of cats and fertility as an alternative?

Also, Valkyr/Valkyrie is to Norse as Thanatos and his boss Hades are to Greek, and I don't see her walking around with a big blade in tow.

Valkyr is just cat themed, but her abilities are very Viking-esque, as for relating her to Thantos, that was a mistake of confusion. Although why not, Vikings were known for sacrificing animals and even humans. http://en.natmus.dk/historical-knowledge/denmark/prehistoric-period-until-1050-ad/the-viking-age/religion-magic-death-and-rituals/human-sacrifices/

So yeah, Valkyr can get a death themed helm , but recently a Tennogen helm with liek spikes allover it was released, so ..yeah

And probably Loki could be categorized in the same as in norse mythology, he has a daughter named Hel who receives a portion of the dead, and that could be like a sort of play with words and poems for loki to receive a death themed helm. ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)

I mean creativity!

Edited by LAWD

22 hours ago, LAWD said:

Well I an call him THE god of death if I'm very familiar with his mythos, but yeah we could have Thanatos helm on Valkyrie since they one from same mythos and so on..

Anubis isnt even a god of death. Osiris is the god of death, Anubis is one of his sons. He was originally overseer of the underworld and patron of the dead on their journey in the afterlife.

10 hours ago, LAWD said:

And for the Christians, theres is an Azrael figure, known to be the god of Death, so as far im concerned, there's not just one God. Its actually very relative to how you define the term. 

Azrael is an Angel. In fact, just about any significant Christian name that ends with "el" is one, as the suffix means "Of God". In Azrael's case, his name means "Help of God".

Edit: Further study reveals that he is not actually referenced in the Bible, which means he is not considered canonical to that faith.

He is referenced in the Zodar, a Jewish text.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed derailing quoted comment

1 hour ago, LAWD said:

And for the Christians, theres is an Azrael figure, known to be the god of Death, so as far im concerned, there's not just one God. Its actually very relative to how you define the term. 

Azrael is an angel not a god. There is actually quite a clear distinction between god and his angels. Its not relative its actually quite an objective fact.(as far as things can be consideted facts when talking about religion.)

4 hours ago, LAWD said:

Valkyr is just cat themed, but her abilities are very Viking-esque, as for relating her to Thantos, that was a mistake of confusion. Although why not, Vikings were known for sacrificing animals and even humans. http://en.natmus.dk/historical-knowledge/denmark/prehistoric-period-until-1050-ad/the-viking-age/religion-magic-death-and-rituals/human-sacrifices/

So yeah, Valkyr can get a death themed helm , but recently a Tennogen helm with liek spikes allover it was released, so ..yeah

And probably Loki could be categorized in the same as in norse mythology, he has a daughter named Hel who receives a portion of the dead, and that could be like a sort of play with words and poems for loki to receive a death themed helm. ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)

I mean creativity!

I just said that "Valkyr/Valkyrie is to Norse" which obviously states "VIKING STUFF!!!!". But it doesn't warrant her having anything to do with an angel carrying a warrior off the battlefield to paradise outside of name alone. Also, everyone sacrificed animals and other people. Christians, Aztecs, Mayans, Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, psychopaths, etc, so that's unusable because its too broad a spectrum.

But so far, Valkyr's alternative helmets are either S&M related (Kara Valkyr looks like a blindfold and a ballgag-esque approach) or feline related (blatant cat ears and bell collar in the Bastet helmet). Not sure what the Gersemi helmet is meant to look like however.

Loki is still a male frame, why would he have a  female looking helmet, and Hel didn't "recieve a portion of the dead", she IS half dead. Like half alive and beautiful, half dead and skeleton looking. Nekros would have a better use of the dead Hel half than Loki.