Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 19: The War Within

[DE]Megan

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed some general behaviour with enemies regarding awareness of their environment:

• Nullifiers now notice and investigate their bubble taking damage 

for the love of tenno...can you PLEASE make their DAMN BUBBLE damage based instead of fire rate based? its stupid as hell that we need to have a high RoF weapon to take them down quickly....or just do what many others have suggested....make the bubble ONLY negate tenno powers...and not act like a damn shield...or better yet...make punch thru actualyl work on them...that woould give us a reason to use punch thru mods and weapons that have innate punch thru.

So i have started the quest with a weak frame and weak melee weapon cant get past the part of the guardians... what do i do now??

this is just bad game planning. cant restart mission cant change frame or loadout and cant even play the rest of the game now...

really smart game planning...

11 hours ago, zombaio said:

Same here. Also I don't think there was supposed to be a reward.

If anything your reward is that now you can take the unwanted by anyone operator in the middle of a mission and become them... That is, of course, if you want to break any immersion, pacing and fun.

Otherwise you can play the game called Warframe with your .... wait for it.... warframe! 

When i look back to the quest I wonder "Was that it?" Was that was what hindered this magnificent game's development for half an year (maybe more), noticeably shrunk the community and deprived it of so much actual content (like levels, bosses and characters)?

This? The creepy person living in the back of my ship? The one thing in the game, quite a few of us chose to pretend it didn't exist? This and Lunaro?

And although I completely disagree with where the game is going and has been going for a solid year now, I will not quit. I will not give up on it DE, no matter how hard you try to end your own creation!

As always:

Thanks for the update and for your hard work!

I totally agree with your points. Especially breaking immersion, pacing and fun just like collecting and scanning more and more different items which don't allow vacuum such as fragments, plants, fishure orbs and sculpture parts . Like you, I will never quit Warframe because even though the direction seems lost that core of an amazing game is still there. 

Reward is fixed now with relog.

Also there was a bug with controllers which wont allow crouch.

Researching and constructing Solar Rails is disabled during Armistice error. Stops me from making the dragon key I need for new mod. Can't see any reason to have made it harder for people to make dragon keys (this does nothing but frustrate).

I really appreciate the hard work and passion DE put in, I just think it isn't being focused properly. Sinking hours/days or more into a cinematic and that will never be seen again just to customise it for each warframe loadout? This is so far from the game I started playing with amazing free gameplay and players who didn't care about story and lore. Don't get me wrong it is pretty epic if a little hard to follow at times but lets have that epicness in something we can come back to every time we play.

Story is great and all and the rate of updates is amazing but a lot of the time these updates don't add long term value to the game. This updates brings a lot more than just the quest which is good though. Focus on varied game types and environments like with the new tileset/environment on kuva I love that. I have played through nearly all missions on kuva now and only saw one part where it switched to archwing so more of that would be sweet (this really adds a sense of scale).

Not sure if this is the best place for it or if some of this is already being worked on but here are just a few of my ideas and improvements. 

Backing out into the main menu. quite a few of the menu's could be combined

In void relic selection screen add a way to refine relics without backing out into menu's.

Combine foundry and inventory menus. mostly these show the same items so I'm sure they could somehow be combined.

Focus tree selection in arsenal to allow for separate tree's for different loadouts without having to change each time.

Trading in ships/invite friends to ships (maybe some mini games in ships)

More boss battles (boss for every planet) and random encounters to keep the game surprising and fresh. I hope to see a day where its more likely to have a random encounter than not. lets have all the bosses pay us a visit with some nice rewards of course ;) Cinematic team working on cool boss cinematic.

Farm is a dirty word but the key to a game like Warframe is farm just make that farm fun and varied. 

Edited by JamesPwnzU

7 hours ago, Reynard_Fox said:

What the hell is this? It's telling me to hold L-Ctrl (thanks a lot for not adding controller button prompts on pc) and tap space to dash. I have no ability to press this button on my controller, crouch will not function on my gamepad in this part of the quest. Forcing me to use controls i'm unfamilliar and uncomfortable with in such an annoying part of the mission has killed all the fun I was having with this quest.

Oh yeah, i've encountered this problem too. Thought that it was something that I did wrong :P

Anyway, I still liked the update. All the work that was put in really shows.

Edited by Otakoma

27 minutes ago, MelkJos said:

So i have started the quest with a weak frame and weak melee weapon cant get past the part of the guardians... what do i do now??

this is just bad game planning. cant restart mission cant change frame or loadout and cant even play the rest of the game now...

really smart game planning...

SAMEEE IM STILL STUCK

Please please make it so we can go back to

Spoiler

Mountain pass

somehow.....absolutely beautiful...and a great quest well worth the delays.

oh...and my screenshot folder got about 25 or so more added to it :D

Edited by xcynderx

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed some general behaviour with enemies regarding awareness of their environment:

• Nullifiers now notice and investigate their bubble taking damage 
  • Enemies will notice and investigate corpses
  • Enemies affected by Coolant Leak will notice that they've been frozen/slowed

Do you people hate stealth?

In lieu of a long and detailed review of all the aspects of this update and all the obvious peanut gallery comments like "looking forward to the hotfixes now", I give it a thumbs up in furthering the game's design continuity. 

Spoiler

BTW. Can we level up our operators more? During the quest, something with my sentinel during the Purge phase somehow levelled her up. Is there more to their progression now? :d

5 hours ago, NovusNova said:

You mean this change?

"Radial Shared Affinity no longer includes a stealth multiplier (if active)."

Guess they had data to show people were just getting one person with a high stealth multiplier to go and kill everything while the rest of the squad sat around within the shard affinity range? 

No. I understand that point. I mean I play solo, and when I pick up the focus enhancer having the 500% affinity now I get focus point like if all the enemies are alerted when they are not! is upsetting how nerfing the game all the time and say nothing about it. honestly I fell real disapointed with this game.

• Activating your Focus ability in mission now occurs on holding your '5' key (or whatever binding you have) rather than tapping. 

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this change. Since I don't have my abilities set to activate on selection, now it would appear I have to do an awkward combination of holding down the button I have focus bound to AND my activation button.