Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 19: The War Within

[DE]Megan

I admit the risk of being smashed to pieces, but nevertheless I want to ask you developers some questions. What was the reason of forced prohibition of passing daily raids to all gamers, who wasn't go for main quest? What's the point? Or is there any benefit? If the quest is so good (and it's no doubt that quest is really magnificent according to huge amount of feedbacks), so why are these endless messages of its availability constantly appearing on the screen? All the same all gamers will pass it, anyway, sooner or later. But in this case players don't have any opportunity to choose when they can pass it, not loosing opportunities they have.

GAME BREAKING ISSUE

DE, PLEASE SEE THIS URGENT ISSUE: Cannot play TWW since it skips ENTIRE missions if you abort or have a connection loss on host migration or simply crash

I've lost 2 missions thanks to this bug, first time I wanted to change something so I aborted and tried to restart the mission and it didn't do anything. Relogged and it went to Jupiter instead of Lua, thought the mission had shifted there. Went to Jupiter, heard new dialogue, realised the first mission had been skipped, aborted to check if there was a reset button on the mission. Cleared active mission in Codex, reactivated but to no avail, lost 2 whole missions of the quest, too scared to attempt to play any further. What's the point of story quests if I can't play them if any abort, crash or connection loss on migration deprives you of an entire story based mission?

no quest ?! .......

--edit

what a junk-tion again? we didddd that many times. let the new comers do that

you know to count the hrs when we build a usles weapon but now we have to do all tha stuff again just to play the new quest?>

Edited by rap2pac

4 hours ago, SinergyX said:

So came back after a while, to find out all my junctions have been reset.

10 sentiens again, MR5 weapon (I own kinda every weapon ingame), really thanks... been fun for 5 minutes, see you like next year again.

I was the person who did the missing ones again and still get no quest.

For all the delays, I have to admit. I did not expect it to happen the way it did. 

Corrupted Vor is partially correct, let's say.

As for the classified information:

Spoiler

It is highly recommended you don't open the next spoiler. This is your first turnback advisory. 

Spoiler

It is highly recommended you don't open the next spoiler. This is your final turnback advisory. 

Spoiler

Pros of The War Within:

Spoiler

-Detailed, in-depth peek at the Orokin Era, and how some of the Orokin [survived, theoretically? ].

-Hints and explanations as to the Z10-0 Void Jump incident during it's time adrift.

-Tenno origins, and a few secrets.

-Teshin is a Dax? I wonder how many more exist, now that...

-The white-clad Queen seems to be more vulnerable to negotiations. Perhaps a Conclave gametype with a one-sided objective (Defend the Kuva Siphon? Move it? Your choice. ) with that Queen being the announcer with Teshin presiding? 

Decepti'cons' of The War Within:

Spoiler

-Tenno form is vulnerable, and could do with having shields (based on Warframe's stats), and the powers included are not as effective against high-end enemy units (anything over level 20 will instantly shunt you back into your Warframe, and anything over level 30 is harder to kill with the one proper harmful power available to you). 

Solution: Have Tenno-Warframe connection include Warframe health/shields/armour be converted into (merged, divided by 3; that's your shields) Tenno 'Void shielding' that has all the traits of health resistance benefits.

The Tenno could also wield one of the Warframe's sidearms (if 2-sidearm, wield one, half clip size, double damage output) as their primary, like a rescue target.

Tenno form powers could do with being keybound like a Warframe's or completely bound for controller usage, and be enhanced by the Warframe's own mods.

-Kuva Siphons only seem to properly spawn on tilesets that are Grineer Asteroid Bases or Galleons, and thus never spawn on Uranus or the Fortress.

Other issues with Siphons: Host migration deletes Siphon. Assassins or other invaders cause Siphon to 'crash', causing nothing to happen. Siphon events don't spawn when the rooms have already been visited and no Siphon was to be found in, say, Survival missions.

-Kuva Guardians and Siphons are nowhere to be seen at the Fortress. Surely they should be even more frequent here?

-Riven mod randomness is a little too random; it gives you a mod for a weapon you don't have or can't get (i.e: Snipetron) or otherwise.

-Golden Maw could do with becoming a Prime Companion type that bridges Sentinels and biological companions; the strengths of both, but the weaknesses of both (can be resurrected by using Tenno beam on it to 'refuel').

Additionally, the Maw should also become a pseudo-frame that has no non-Prime, with one of it's powers (maybe it's 4th?) transforming it into the beast-form that replaces it's last two powers with a 'fatal bite' that acts as a 1-target Ash Bladestorm, and the latter would be to burrow. Who knows?

-Tenno ought to learn how to roll, slide, and climb ledges, or should be able to do this. 

Summary:

Spoiler

While this may have disappointed many, you have made my heart beat loudly. You have made me think. This Quest was quite interesting, you really branched out with this.

This was worth the wait, but please make sure to expand the Focus and Tenno systems into eachother. Have the Focus Passives empower and influence you.

As for our new power; to WALK as man, rather than just the 'Door'frame - really, that's what it's serving as; a door. Man. Woman. A Warframe that holds a proverbial door open at all times, hence 'door'frame.

The current state of the Tenno makes gameplay as Tenno focus more on planning ahead, considering enemy strengths and weaknesses, and of course using cover a lot more effectively than we would usually. Plus, Tenno powers allow for doing spy missions in a new way.

Strength:

-Variety of powers that compliment mixing and matching. Have many applications.

Drawback:

-Absurdly fragile.

Solution:

-Warframe mods should heavily influence the Tenno.

-Warframe's sidearm should be Tenno's Primary weapon; can only hold one with both hands, though. Secondary is the beam power, and melee should be a weak version of the Void Blast.

-Tenno base stats bolstered by Mastery Rank in the same, or similar manner as to how a Warframe or weapon is levelled.

-Since the Gear wheel is empty when you're a Tenno, allow Tenno a Gear wheel of their own, but with very few slots for gear.

Introduce direct remote Warframe control using other Gear wheel slots that are locked because of how little a Tenno can bring when it comes to gear:

Commands for Warframe: Follow/stop (this exists with other entities like Specter deployables, but 'stop' doesn't mean 'stop' ), protect (holding this would select self, pointing at an object or person will direct the Warframe to protect them), attack (holding will select enemies near the enemy initially selected; pointing at a spot will send the Warframe on a violent rampage), and lock/unlock (resets Warframe to it's statue state, preventing it from following orders. Allows it to do your bidding).

Instead of the Transference Backlash (Tenno 'dies') being a permanent 'less hp until kill as Tenno', it should be temporary and fade with a short timespan (Warframe stats return to modified normals after, say, 30 seconds).

In summary:

Tenno form has visible potential, and Focus Schools can play a huge part in the playstyle of said Tenno, but as of now, they have very situational uses.

Absolutely Phenomenal Update DE!!

1 thing...

• Fixed an issue with Kubrows potentially getting stuck in their retrieve behavior when collecting plants.

Kubrows can collect plants?! Er, or does this meen, while scanning plants they would get stuck?  When, where, and how did I ever miss this!  Awesome!

==============
Current console update is amazing as well - but cannot WAIT for this! :-)

Those Endless fissure / relic Missions!!! "Drool"

On 11/11/2016 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed some general behaviour with enemies regarding awareness of their environment:

• Nullifiers now notice and investigate their bubble taking damage 
  • Enemies will notice and investigate corpses
  • Enemies affected by Coolant Leak will notice that they've been frozen/slowed

and the stealth kill affinity change (never knew about it so that part doesnt bother me)

JUST DID A CAPTURE MISSION...all was good UNTIL your HORRIBLY programmed capture target that somehow has all knowing senses,m knows im there (using a prowled ivara....wth) was getting stealth kills before i capture him...after....HA!!! every damn enemy is an 'ALERT' state...even though the minimap shows them as unalerted....GET THIS FIXED....

Edited by xcynderx

16 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

JUST DID A CAPTURE MISSION...all was good UNTIL your HORRIBLY programmed capture target that somehow has all knowing senses,m knows im there (using a prowled ivara....wth) was getting stealth kills before i capture him...after....HA!!! every damn enemy is an 'ALERT' state...even though the minimap shows them as unalerted....GET THIS FIXED....

It's been like that for a long while, man.

On 12/11/2016 at 4:08 AM, Demoonic said:

Thanks for the update guys.....I'm really bummed Umbra is not in this though....oh well...

Umbra is supposed to be the next section of the tenno story.

1 the 2nd dream

2 the war within

3 umbra

So based on 11 months from 2nd dream release to tww, I guess 12 months at least till any chance of umbra.

Well...

i actually have five of the 'drift' mods, clearly sat in my 'Mods' console and yet the Sedna junction tells me that i don't have any of them, thus denying me the chance to actually start the new quest.

A tad frustrating to say the least.

2 minutes ago, STuG_73 said:

Well...

i actually have five of the 'drift' mods, clearly sat in my 'Mods' console and yet the Sedna junction tells me that i don't have any of them, thus denying me the chance to actually start the new quest.

A tad frustrating to say the least.

seems like a bug alot of others are having, with all junctions...now on to the main question..did you earn them before or AFTER specters of the rail dropped?

while i had drift mods from before i did have to go thru and earn the 3 needed to unlock the junction.

Edited by xcynderx

Thanks for taking the time to reply, i appreciate it.

To be honest i can't really remember, i have had them some considerable time though. I thought the point of completing the star chart prior to the introduction of the junctions precluded such issues.

Clearly not.