The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS?] Info on 'Impossible' mod unlock

Chaos-Neo

Hello, Tenno.

Usually I do not post on the forums, actually I do believe this is my first post on Warframe's forums... However this is for any players looking on information about how to complete one of the challenges for Riven mods, more specifically the one with requirements to complete synthesis on a target while doing the following:

• Not using synthesis traps.
  • Not using abilities.
  • Having to have a Hobbled Dragon key equipped.
  • No damage can be taken.

To most this task would seem impossible by themselves, but this is not the case. A Rhino or Nezha that can take a few hits by using Iron Skin or Warding Halo to soak up damage while you go after the scan target keeping in the remaining health for either of the abilities so long as you cast it at the very start of the mission.

However, for those without either of the two frames listed above is actually rather easy to complete this task keeping in mind that no one can use their synthesis traps or Warframe abilities after the very start of the mission, and yes I have tried using Nezha's augment to help make sure I do not take health and shield damage as well as Ivara's arrows to help with capturing the target among a few other things, if ANY abilities are used after getting close enough to the target from ANYONE in your group it will (usually) cause the objective to fail.

Now onto the details.

For any players that have Nezha or Rhino unlocked and built the process is simple, cast your damage immunity ability at the start of the mission and then proceed towards the Simaris target. This might also work with Warding Halo's augment, Safeguard (needs further testing). Do keep in mind that you should only cast the ability once at the very start of the mission to avoid getting an auto-fail from using powers nearby the target, so keep your ability's remaining health percentage in mind when proceeding through the mission.

For those without Nezha or Rhino and that have a group of friends...

Essentially you are the 'VIP'; all the other members in your the squad CAN take damage for you and they DO NOT need to have the hobbled dragon key in their inventory, however they still cannot cast abilities after the very start of the mission or use synthesis traps as mentioned before. Go into an exterminate mission of your choice (preferably with low level or with a familiar tileset) and have your team clear out any threats or traps within the area before moving up to avoid taking damage.

Upon finding the synthesis target clear the room and use either ground slams or cold/blast procs to slow down the target while the 'VIP' scans. After that the Riven mod should now be unlocked, past this point it maybe possible that you don't to worry about taking damage nor refrain yourself from using abilities, as long as the objective is marked as complete all you have to do is extract after completing the primary objective.

I should also note that the sentinels or pets with any shield restoring or over-shielding mods CAN cause an automatic failure and force a restart of the mission, so I'd focus on not bringing any sentinels or pets if possible

Hopefully this helps, I'll likely be making edits on this post in the future as new details roll in.

Good luck, Tenno.

Edited by Chaos-Neo
Adding information about Rhino's Iron Skin thanks to Sylfur and Madway7

Sounds easy, my mod on the other hand requires me to find a level 30 defense mission, complete it by myself and it may not take a single point of damage. There are two many enemy's to do a infestation. The enemies tend to get in and get off a single bullet before I can even react. I cant find a defense mission above level 30 that's open enough to kill enemies before they get within frost shield. 

It would be easy to do It with people, It would be easy If I was mr 20 with a completely set up world on fire ember, but from what I can tell, unless you have very specialty frames I cant beat this. Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

31 minutes ago, shipmaster4000 said:

Sounds easy, my mod on the other hand requires me to find a level 30 defense mission, complete it by myself and it may not take a single point of damage. There are two many enemy's to do a infestation. The enemies tend to get in and get off a single bullet before I can even react. I cant find a defense mission above level 30 that's open enough to kill enemies before they get within frost shield. 

It would be easy to do It with people, It would be easy If I was mr 20 with a completely set up world on fire ember, but from what I can tell, unless you have very specialty frames I cant beat this. Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

A properly kitted out Frost, Ember, Equinox, or a few others should be able to do it well enough.

28 minutes ago, Lemonfennec said:

Mine is to do a survival with level 30+ enemies, without using health pickups, and without killing anyone. I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible.

Limbo. Done.

Wish I had that one honestly, Limbo being my primary.

I got '30 kills while sliding with the hobbled key'

Edited by DarkOvion

Mine doesn't unlock. I'm just supposed to kill 53 enemies while sliding. Did a few missions but the counter is still at 0/53. Will try a different weapon later. So far have tried the new staff and the Telos Boltace.

Edit: Turned out that I didn't equip the mod to unlock it. But still had the problem that a lot of kills didn't count with the Boltace and Atterax.

Edited by tsoa

For Synth one I eventually was able to do it with Nezha on Mars Capture, Arid Evicerator. I cast his Warding Halo at beginning of game and then never used any abilities afterwards for rest of game since you fail the moment you do even without alerting target. I found target and captured him while Halo staggered him in place.

for anyone who has the same mod as OP, the stealth kubrow lets u breeze through this.

i just brought mine and stealthed walked through a capture mission and scanned the dude from behind some boxes(since scanning unstealths you).

although the mod i got is for mastery rank 15 and im rank 9, and the mod is for the zarr :(