The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS?] Info on 'Impossible' mod unlock

Chaos-Neo

On 12.11.2016 at 11:30 AM, shipmaster4000 said:

Sounds easy, my mod on the other hand requires me to find a level 30 defense mission, complete it by myself and it may not take a single point of damage. There are two many enemy's to do a infestation. The enemies tend to get in and get off a single bullet before I can even react. I cant find a defense mission above level 30 that's open enough to kill enemies before they get within frost shield. 

It would be easy to do It with people, It would be easy If I was mr 20 with a completely set up world on fire ember, but from what I can tell, unless you have very specialty frames I cant beat this. Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

Find a Nova friend to tag alongside you, or alternatively immerse yourself in the wonders of Frost's Avalanche spamming. It should make the challenge a cakewalk.

On 11/12/2016 at 3:30 AM, shipmaster4000 said:

Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

Akkad, a Chilling Globe Frost, and an Orthos Prime is precisely how I soloed this one.

On 11/12/2016 at 6:28 PM, Vitoga said:

I also have problems with my mod:

c3ErAf2.jpg

Have any of you done something like this before?

Loki's passive is a 10x increase in wall latch time; add in Mobilize and you can pretty much hang there forever.  I had one similar to this that I did with earth infested defense, Loki, and an Atomos.  My mod didn't have the alarm condition, so I don't know if that mission will work for you.

On 12/11/2016 at 10:33 PM, Lemonfennec said:

Mine is to do a survival with level 30+ enemies, without using health pickups, and without killing anyone. I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible.

I did this with my team mate and I using loki.. we had a loka hitsquad spawn and a kuva thing which we successfully completed, thanks to great teamwork. Seems harder than actually was, once we fully understood the conditions of the Riven.

On 12.11.2016 at 6:23 PM, cykardo said:

I have to get 5 headshots in single aim glide. I can barely score 2. :_;

I had the same. It actually quite easy. The progress counts per bullet, not per enemy. I used Tiberon, so it was 3 headshots per burst. 1 jump, 2 bursts, done :)

Well, granted that is if you won't 1-shot an enemy. So just take unmodded burst or automatic weapon, and pump a single enemy's head with bullets.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:45 AM, Chaos-Neo said:
  • Not using synthesis traps.
  • Not using abilities.
  • Having to have a Hobbled Dragon key equipped.
  • No damage can be taken.

Got the same task. Nezha with Halo is easy solution, just need to cast ability at start.

On 11/12/2016 at 4:33 AM, Lemonfennec said:

Mine is to do a survival with level 30+ enemies, without using health pickups, and without killing anyone. I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible.

I did that one quite easily, just do a stealth run with ivara for 5 minutes, preferably infested. You can loot the enemies for life support and put them to sleep.

On 11/12/2016 at 1:30 AM, shipmaster4000 said:

Sounds easy, my mod on the other hand requires me to find a level 30 defense mission, complete it by myself and it may not take a single point of damage. There are two many enemy's to do a infestation. The enemies tend to get in and get off a single bullet before I can even react. I cant find a defense mission above level 30 that's open enough to kill enemies before they get within frost shield. 

It would be easy to do It with people, It would be easy If I was mr 20 with a completely set up world on fire ember, but from what I can tell, unless you have very specialty frames I cant beat this. Akkad by myself is easy, Akkad without the defense dropping more then like 30 health, still easy. Akkad without a single point of damage is impossible with out a very specialty frame.

I ran Sedna - Hydron to complete level 30 defense mission for the riven mod, using max efficiency frost to spam avalanche to keep enemies from getting close. Synoid Simular for ease.

On 11/12/2016 at 5:23 AM, cykardo said:

I have to get 5 headshots in single aim glide. I can barely score 2. :_;

On 11/12/2016 at 6:04 AM, 321agemo said:

4ex32oH.jpg

You and me both, i can't aim for S***T

Soma Prime, max firerate, no other mods, Extinguished key. Legit got it on the first Butcher I encountered.

Any other machine gun works, just keep damage as low as possible.

I just struggled to figure out how to farm Kuva's and when I finally got enough. I got this challenge.
I am officially done with Riven Mods. I was perfectly fine and having fun before these came out. I'd like to go back to that.
Really tried to like this system, but no thanks.

Edited by AVEOX

On 11/12/2016 at 3:30 AM, shipmaster4000 said:

I had a similar one:

Complete a defense mission with enemies at or above level 30 without the objective taking any damage and without energy consumables. It seems really daunting but I found that going to the Dark Sector Defense on Sedna (vs. Infested) with Vauban (Energy Siphon aura ideally since you can't use Energy Restores) did the trick. You need Repelling Bastille and decent range (about 145% or higher) to ensure that the mobs don't get too close to explode on death / shoot the objective before getting snared by your trap. Pop down your Bastille on top of the pod and go to town. It's stressful as hell but it's doable.

The problem with Frost is that enemies will throw grenades that will pass through Frost's Shield. Even with Chilling Globe it can be easily managed, but the problem is those damn grenades that they LOVE to throw.

If you have Vauban, give him a try on an Infested Defense. You can probably do it without Repelling Bastille if you're quick on the trigger, but the augment definitely makes things easier.

What is your suggestions as to how I should tackle this?

d7ec490143.jpg

Run an infested D mission on Frost with max range and chilling globe augment?

Edit- S#&$ I didn't see your post till I posted. Took me a bit to cut the image. Also your suggestion on Vauban and Repelling Bastille really helps out. I              manage to finished it with that. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by Shinsharogi

25 minutes ago, Shinsharogi said:

d7ec490143.jpg

Look at the post above yours, I kind of already detailed what you can do there. I had a similar challenge, except replace "alone" with "Without using energy consumables". If you can use Energy Restores you should be able to handle it just fine.

Frost with Chilling Globe vs Infested can work, just watch out for Runners (or is it Leapers? I can never remember. The orange ones) that will explode on death because they WILL ruin your attempt. Make sure your globe has decent range for that. Otherwise I'd recommend Repelling Bastille Vauban, as detailed in the post above yours.

50 minutes ago, Shinsharogi said:

d7ec490143.jpg

Limbo without range vs Grineer, just watch one for melee enemies - but that's risky. Or a defense with a full range - full efficiency Mag / Oberon / whatever frame that can spam a mass control spell. Banshee as well.

Did anyone tried the Synthesis Target Trial with the control given by the Orvius ? Maybe this thing isn't counted as a spell or trap and it's its only utility after all

Edited by Chewarette

qn2HCLk.png

Any ideas on best way to do this one? I don't really understand what is considered raising alarms on LUA. I guess I don't really know how to kill sentients without anyone noticing if that's what it means. I've killed over 6, only one counted as a kill (don't know why) and now the kill counter reset itself overnight.