The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS?] Info on 'Impossible' mod unlock

Chaos-Neo

On 11/12/2016 at 4:23 AM, cykardo said:

I have to get 5 headshots in single aim glide. I can barely score 2. :_;

I did this with Zephyr on the Orokin tileset, in the two-tiered room with the sewers. You have tons of room to fall and if you throw on one of the elemental parkour mods you have more time to fall while shooting, good luck!

Some are interesting but I have yet to find one I can't do. Had to do the get 5 headshot in one aim glide for two mods. The capture Sumaris target without abilities or arc traps with a hobbled dragon key for 3 mods. Had to defend a solo defense objective without it taking damage. Kill 6 sentiments without taking any status procs. Had to do solo interception with a hobbled key for two mods. I honestly find these challenges very entertaining and fun.

Just now, SoulEaterReaper said:

do an exterminate with 100% unalarted enemies were you have to stealth kill every single enemy without getting detected.

get detected once and you've lost, freaking impossible cause if you dont get a finisher on one of those 100 enemies it wont work.

Low level exterminate using Loki or Ivara with a Bow and murder dagger.

4 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

do an exterminate with 100% unalarted enemies were you have to stealth kill every single enemy without getting detected.

get detected once and you've lost, freaking impossible cause if you dont get a finisher on one of those 100 enemies it wont work.

do it on earth, exterminate with loki. job done, they are as dumb as 2 bricks at level 1-3 and hardly spot a thing, 

edit: oh just saw the above reply of level 30+ 

should still be do-able with loki though, and taking your time. 

-its a challenge I think thats the whole point 

Edited by morningstar999

Just now, SoulEaterReaper said:

level 30+ exterminate

if you bump into someone without getting finisher then you're screwd. so if you just "bump an enemy" when you're stealthed you're out. really impossible to get done within a few hours.

Then to a level 30 exterminate with that.

These are supposedly our 'end game content', so they sort of expect you to be good at this stuff to achieve it, to be a challenge with the appropriate tools and skills.

Until too many people complain its too hard, and then the 'end game content' becomes just more easy-mode junk. -_-;

4 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

Then to a level 30 exterminate with that.

These are supposedly our 'end game content', so they sort of expect you to be good at this stuff to achieve it, to be a challenge with the appropriate tools and skills.

Until too many people complain its too hard, and then the 'end game content' becomes just more easy-mode junk. -_-;

-_- im on it, but this is still something thats just gonna take my time and once i unlock it, its probably some garbage mod once again.

On 11/12/2016 at 1:33 AM, Lemonfennec said:

Mine is to do a survival with level 30+ enemies, without using health pickups, and without killing anyone. I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible.

You can go almost EXACTLY five minutes in survival using only the life support capsules Lotus sends you. Break some crates and you'll be fine

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You can go almost EXACTLY five minutes in survival using only the life support capsules Lotus sends you. Break some crates and you'll be fine

Also, doesn't the basic drop from the liset give LF as well?

Edited by AerinSol
firefox stopped responding mid-way

17 hours ago, SinergyX said:

Is it only you who cant do abilities, or anyone else? Like a friend putting up a trap, u nick it?

You can use any ability at mission start (while Lotus talk).

For example, Nezha's Halo or Ivara's prowl.

Edited by Kiaune

17 hours ago, SinergyX said:

Is it only you who cant do abilities, or anyone else? Like a friend putting up a trap, u nick it?

No one can use abilities outside the starting area and no one can use the trap, having anyone use any abilities or traps will cause the objective to fail and force a restart.

I should also mention that if you wait in the pause menu for the affinity objective to pass while having a locked riven mod equiped you can see the status of your riven objective.

On 2016/11/12 at 7:04 PM, 321agemo said:

4ex32oH.jpg

You and me both, i can't aim for S***T

Seems you can headshot the same enemy for 4 times so it's not that difficult to do. Bringing a high RoF low damage (to avoid killing it before you complete the task) weapon or using Zephyr w/ Patagium helps a lot.

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

Seems you can headshot the same enemy for 4 times so it's not that difficult to do. Bringing a high RoF low damage (to avoid killing it before you complete the task) weapon or using Zephyr w/ Patagium helps a lot.

Patched out just minutes ago...

After needing to do this challenge multiple times:

1. Bring a Braton P or other full auto hit-scan weapon
  2. Go to V-Prime (Venus), It's a corpus low level survival
  3. Find a Walk-way, this will force them into a line
  4. Let a good number of them come together into a pack
  5. Jump up and start aim-glide
    1. Aim parallel or almost parallel to ground above their heads
    2. Start firing, let the nature falling of aim-glide bring their heads into the cross-hairs while bullets hit.
      1. Best to use punch-through
Edited by zehne

15 hours ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

-_- im on it, but this is still something thats just gonna take my time and once i unlock it, its probably some garbage mod once again.

You can buy Covert Lethality from your friendly neighbour hood trader at dozens of plat.
Insta death. So decaying doesn't affect anything.

Or get a good bow. I finished that mission with my own very maxed out Dread. Multi-forma but hey head shots are more than enough to kill.
I did it with Loki, with Ivara you get even a bigger bonus. I had to drop speed trigger for the Riven mod though :)

Edited by fatpig84

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Chaos-Neo said:

Hello, Tenno.

Usually I do not post on the forums, actually I do believe this is my first post on Warframe's forums... However this is for any players looking on information about how to complete one of the challenges for Riven mods, more specifically the one with requirements to complete synthesis on a target while doing the following:

• Not using synthesis traps.
  • Not using abilities.
  • Having to have a Hobbled Dragon key equipped.
  • No damage can be taken.

To most this task would seem impossible by themselves, and this maybe true. However, with a group of friends it is actually rather easy to complete this task keeping in mind that no one can use their synthesis traps or Warframe abilities after the very start of the mission, and yes I have tried using Nezha's augment to help make sure I do not take health and shield damage as well as Ivara's arrows to help with capturing the target among a few other things, if ANY abilities are used after getting close enough to the target from ANYONE in your group it will (usually) cause the objective to fail.

Now onto the details.

For any players that have Nezha unlocked the process is simple, cast warding halo once at the start of the mission and then proceed towards the Simaris target. This might also work with Warding Halo's augment, Safeguard (needs further testing). Do keep in mind that you should only cast this ability once at the very start of the mission to avoid getting an auto-fail from using powers nearby the target, so keep your warding halo's percentage in mind when proceeding through the mission.

For those without Nezha and a group of friends...

Essentially you are the 'VIP'; all the other members in your the squad CAN take damage for you and they DO NOT need to have the hobbled dragon key in their inventory, however they still cannot cast abilities after the very start of the mission or use synthesis traps as mentioned before. Go into an exterminate mission of your choice (preferably with low level or with a familiar tileset) and have your team clear out any threats or traps within the area before moving up to avoid taking damage.

Upon finding the synthesis target clear the room and use either ground slams or cold/blast procs to slow down the target while the 'VIP' scans. After that the Riven mod should now be unlocked, past this point it maybe possible that you don't to worry about taking damage nor refrain yourself from using abilities, as long as the objective is marked as complete all you have to do is extract after completing the primary objective.

I should also note that the sentinels or pets with any shield restoring or over-shielding mods CAN cause an automatic failure and force a restart of the mission, so I'd focus on not bringing any sentinels or pets if possible

Hopefully this helps, I'll likely be making edits on this post in the future as new details roll in.

Good luck, Tenno.

Can Rhino be used instead of Nezha? Or does damage to Iron skin count towards failure?

21 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Can Rhino be used instead of Nezha? Or does damage to Iron skin count towards failure?

I'm unsure, I've yet to see anyone really comment on it nor have I had friends that tried it out, if anyone could answer this that would be good.

Otherwise I'll post my results as an edit for the main post when I get a riven mod with the same challenge again.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:12 AM, faiyde said:

Imagine how bad that aimglide one is gonna be for console players and their controllers.

Not as hard as you think.  I play PC version with controller.  The Aimglide one might take a try or two, but I think Artemis Bow's spread could do it if you can line it up right.  :D 

58 minutes ago, Chaos-Neo said:

I'm unsure, I've yet to see anyone really comment on it nor have I had friends that tried it out, if anyone could answer this that would be good.

Otherwise I'll post my results as an edit for the main post when I get a riven mod with the same challenge again.

I tried it out and it worked, I went with a friend who also used Rhino.

I just wanted to know since I got off and started looking for how to do this challenge the next day (today) and wanted to plan accordingly.

The stats I got afterwards were trash though.