Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Im not really feeling this new operator mechanic

Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

If that was true, shouldn't The Operator still be in the Somatic Link chair when you use Transference on the Liset?

Don't see why he would need to be in the chair for that

In a mission it's (probably) astral projection, but in your Orbiter it's literally your kid getting out of his chair to run around while your frame stands by. You can tell because your Zariman kid spawns at the chair, and if you despawn your Zariman kid he reappears at the chair

3 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

That's the only problem I have as well. Luckily it seems it doesn't happen when someone else is doing it. Also a skill tree could be good. Wouldn't surprise me if they're implementing that at some point as well.

As for everything else people are complaining about, I just don't see the problem. I like having a new layer of gameplay. A new way of dispatching enemies instead of your typical run and gun mechanics. I like being able to see my awesome Tenno actually getting off her butt and fighting (Well, as an astral projection but still).

No, because you've always been a Tenno since the game began. If you want to use your own headcanon and stay ignorant to the story, that's your prerogative.

If DE gave me the option to disable my tenno entirely, id do iust that.  U_U.  Derp derp.

I'm hoping to see something that gives Void Beam an element of scalability, like being affected by Primary mods or its own upgrade tree. I'm hoping that the focus rework could give the Operators abilities like Warframes in slots 1-4 influenced or dictated by focus. Maybe we'll get a new gamemode where we need to infiltrate something as the Operator (I was actually really hoping we would need to break back into the Queen's fortress as an Operator to get our warframe back in the quest). These children are supposedly godlike conduits of void energy, and I feel extremely underpowered outside my warframe.

I wasn't sold on the mechanic at first but after using it to farm Kuva I think they could actually do some cool things with it, where you have to split the team between warframes guarding the fragile operators and the operators using their powers to solve some challenge.

From a lore stand point I'm a little confused. I though the reason they were stuck in the pods in the first place was not for transference (that came later). It was because they couldn't contain and control their powers in their human bodies (also something about voices, like at the end maybe). I also kinda liked the idea that they were physically weak and couldn't walk but oh well...I guess that was only cause they had been in asleep so long in TSD; 

Edited by SeriouslySinister

I'm playing Warframe, this game title is "WARFRAME" - why you make me to play as teenager? Do you think I like to be teenager? Do you think teenagers that playing this game want to teenager in game? NO! We want to be badass spase ninja, warframes, cool looking and powerfull! And you know what [DE] it's 2016 and yours human models is very bad, they have bad animation, bad looking faces, and just so inferior to how warframes looks, deal with it [DE] - you can't make realistic or good looking humans.

So now about Lore perspective. This world is amasing! Some cyber-punkish, apocaliptical, post-human beauty. What are you doing [DE]? What was that? Some transcendental eastern mediative practices? Some psychic telekinetic nonsense? Some magic? That thing was inside MY FRAME! in FLASH! Really? REALLY!? I want sci-fi, I don't demand hard sci-fi, just anturage, but not last piece of ... what we get.

Gameplay in my humble opinion is the best thing that this game have, so fluid and satisfying. Focus system was redundant but bearable, new system is not just bad but terrable. You know what I do when there is kuva extractor? I'm abort mission. I can't withstand it, it's hurts.

So I don't know how to fix what WAR have done, but you make such greate game and i'm sure you figure it out. 

16 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

From a gameplay standpoint AND a lore/world building standpoint. Gameplay wise, it just feels clunky and unnecessary. I dont see why we needed it or should want it, apart from the fact they make us need it. Its also a step back from Focus, where the operator is clearly more powerful. On top of that it gives us all another generic power set that gives us yet another way to go invisible. 

What really bothers me is how now all of a sudden the Operators are teleporting out of thin air from our ships to the battlefield and can now teleport our frames around a level at will. The astral projection of the operator was cool to me. Making them just pop into the level physically just feels cheap and purely for shoehorned in gameplay mechanic purposes. IMO, it doesnt even feel like it makes "sense".

i LOVE the fact that we can do this inside out ships and hopefully relays and feels like a natural addition, but its disappointing that they actually want us to do this during combat. Im honestly not looking forward to more mechanics if all its going to amount to is making the operators gods on the battlefield with an ever increasing new abilities. 

In short: redundant

Personally, I would not even think of deploying the indigo brat if it wasn't for the new resource

21 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I'm playing Warframe, this game title is "WARFRAME" - why you make me to play as teenager? Do you think I like to be teenager? Do you think teenagers that playing this game want to teenager in game? NO! We want to be badass spase ninja, warframes, cool looking and powerfull! And you know what [DE] it's 2016 and yours human models is very bad, they have bad animation, bad looking faces, and just so inferior to how warframes looks, deal with it [DE] - you can't make realistic or good looking humans.

So now about Lore perspective. This world is amasing! Some cyber-punkish, apocaliptical, post-human beauty. What are you doing [DE]? What was that? Some transcendental eastern mediative practices? Some psychic telekinetic nonsense? Some magic? That thing was inside MY FRAME! in FLASH! Really? REALLY!? I want sci-fi, I don't demand hard sci-fi, just anturage, but not last piece of ... what we get.

Gameplay in my humble opinion is the best thing that this game have, so fluid and satisfying. Focus system was redundant but bearable, new system is not just bad but terrable. You know what I do when there is kuva extractor? I'm abort mission. I can't withstand it, it's hurts.

So I don't know how to fix what WAR have done, but you make such greate game and i'm sure you figure it out. 

I'm rather single-minded with you about these topics, bro, but keep your head calm. There is no and will be no coherent lore in WF because it bends for the needs of gameplay and serves as a justification to the "wow-factor". Yes, DE forces redundant game mechanics on us just because they are new.

By now, I understood that:
1) DE is a studio which starts to flesh out over 500100 new ideas/systems, but is unable to complete/finalize any of them
2) They simply can't into plot and lore. The universe was more logical when it lacked the thing they call "lore" and there was no "transference" "operators" "teenage space voodoo" BS
3) They seek only for the "sensation" and "pleasing the audience with 'mindblowing' revelations". They don't care about logic/consistency
4) There are no analysts among DE employees. Not a single. The new "riven" mods system is the pure evidence of that. They simply did not foresee the consequences and balance issues.
5) They don't care about balance. At all (cool / new factor > balance)

Honestly, I started to ask myself if this is still the game that entertained me for over three years or a lousy clone of Diablo 3 in space

Edited by Teloch

I like the idea of switching out your operator in battle, but I´d imagine them to be much more powerful than this. I mean they could blast tons of enemies or suspend them, confuse them with void power wave before their true power awakes, and they were just a somatic link ghost form. Now they are actually physically in battle with full power on, somehow they are weaker. Plus, in Second dream, your operator´s beam annilate sentients in seconds, now they have difficulty blast some higher level grineer soldier with awakened power.

9 hours ago, AcceI said:

If DE gave me the option to disable my tenno entirely, id do iust that.  U_U.  Derp derp.

Imo they can do something like this with the "karma" system.

Like if you do bad choices you're an Umbra, and you'll "lock" your operator. And live as a sentient frame. With proper bonuses

If you're neutral you'll have a bonus with regular frames, and classic transference

If you're light, bonus with prime frames, full actual transference

Just and idea, and I would love some specific abilities for each Prime/Umbra/Regular frames too, something similar but quite different (Exalted Blade Umbra = big sword, Exalted Blade Prime = double swords. For example)

Edited by Xgomme

2 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Imo they can do something like this with the "karma" system.

Like if you do bad choices you're an Umbra, and you'll "kill/flee from him/etc" your operator. And live as a sentient frame. With proper bonuses

If you're neutral you'll have a bonus with regular frames, and classic transference

If you're light, bonus with prime frames, full actual transference

Just and idea, and I would love some specific abilities for each Prime/Umbra/Regular frames too, something similar but quite different (Exalted Blade Umbra = big sword, Exalted Blade Prime = double swords. For example)

then they´ll have to make an option to re-choose the path, like focus, if not, then just wait for the community outcry

4 minutes ago, Horaciozhao said:

then they´ll have to make an option to re-choose the path, like focus, if not, then just wait for the community outcry

Yeah sure like anything in the game it should be switchable.

Imo the Umbra could lock down the tenno in the somatic chair via a special quest. And you can do this quest again to deliver him if you want some good karma back for example.

And add some random karma actions in the game (Like in some corpus infested ship, you have some "in real trouble" corpus, they can make an interaction to save them or crush them, so you'll gain some good/bad karma). So your karma jauge will go up and down. And maybe add an item to lock the current jauge, so you can stay Bad/Neutral/Good how long you want once the cap is reached.

So you can switch from any school, any karma, any syndicates. It just costs time and effort

Edited by Xgomme

20 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

From a gameplay standpoint AND a lore/world building standpoint. Gameplay wise, it just feels clunky and unnecessary. I dont see why we needed it or should want it, apart from the fact they make us need it. Its also a step back from Focus, where the operator is clearly more powerful. On top of that it gives us all another generic power set that gives us yet another way to go invisible. 

What really bothers me is how now all of a sudden the Operators are teleporting out of thin air from our ships to the battlefield and can now teleport our frames around a level at will. The astral projection of the operator was cool to me. Making them just pop into the level physically just feels cheap and purely for shoehorned in gameplay mechanic purposes. IMO, it doesnt even feel like it makes "sense".

i LOVE the fact that we can do this inside out ships and hopefully relays and feels like a natural addition, but its disappointing that they actually want us to do this during combat. Im honestly not looking forward to more mechanics if all its going to amount to is making the operators gods on the battlefield with an ever increasing new abilities. 

Tbh they should mix this with focus, and make the operator have different powers and improvements depending on the school you have, now its just very incomplete, then it would be a step forward from focus.

Maybe I overlooked it, but I don't see anyone mentioning the fact that focus is still here? Some people here give me the impression that they think focus has been replaced with this, but that's not the case. Hold 5 and your focus still works! Just wanted to tell that :)

7 minutes ago, Misterff1 said:

Maybe I overlooked it, but I don't see anyone mentioning the fact that focus is still here? Some people here give me the impression that they think focus has been replaced with this, but that's not the case. Hold 5 and your focus still works! Just wanted to tell that :)

They should link both, and work in a tree for the operator depending on your focus, that would be the right way imo