Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Spoiler-Heavy Devstream #83!

[DE]Rebecca

On 11/16/2016 at 3:50 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What? Warframe's 'The War Within' update is live on PC! Go behind the scenes as the Warframe Development team showcases and discusses the biggest update of the year!

You mean the ONLY update of the year.

We need an offhand sniper 'pistol'. One with the scope and mechanics, not just Lex Prime.

Also, the cylinder things on the back legs of the Kuva Kubrow armor jiggle weirdly with the movement of the kubrow's hip axis. It's weird. Help!

With Nova prime going into the vault prime soon, the numbers of vaulted prime items and vaulted prime relics is constantly increasing. It makes it hard to follow which relics or which items is vaulted, especially when you only have a few seconds to choose your item in the reward screen of a void fissure mission. Is it possible to get some sort of icon for the relics and the prime items showing that said relic/item is currently vaulted. This could  be applied to the codex, the void relic refiner, the void fissure reward screen, Baro's ducat kiosk, inventory, and the description of the relic/prime item (when you link them in chat).

I hope you could find a system at least somewhat similar to what I suggested, because currently choosing what relics to bring or what to sell to Baro is becoming increasingly difficult.

On Riven mods, have the Devs considered having all positive bonuses joined to a random negative penalty rather then selecting from a pool of positive and negative modifiers? For instance, instead of the system to selecting from both negative and positive modifiers, which would mean people feel the need to re-roll the mod, only positive modifiers would be rolled but each positive modifier would be accompanied by one or more random or nearly random negative modifier. 

Example, +damage could be accompanied by one or more of -reload speed, - accuracy, +ammo consumption and so on the magnitude of which depend on the magnitude of the positive bonus and the number of negative penalties selected.

Likewise have the Devs considered replacing the +Impact, Puncture or Slash modifiers with a convert IPS to I, P or S similar to some conclave mods?

When will we be able to color each part of our warframe separately?

Could we please have a third sigil slot that is on our helmet?

Please buff Machete and Machete Wraith.

It would be cool if we could have our liset's appearance as part of our warframe's loadout, 
so we can have matching warframes and ships at all times.

Any chance for a Prisma Machete sold by the Void Trader soon?

Any chance we'll have Syndicate cosmetic skins and/or helmets one day?

Detron got a Void Trader variant, will Brakk be getting one too?

Will Machete receive a Augment mod or buff?
It's currently the weakest weapon in the game, and could use some love.

Will there be Vandal skins for Warframes?
I like the designs of the Vandal weapons, 
but they don't really match any of the warframes.
Would be cool if their colors where changeable, 
or at least there where matching Warframe skins.

Will we ever be getting a male Grineer themed tank/combat warframe with tons of armor?
Hopefully with a Rocket Punch power.

Would be cool is there where optional secondary missions during your main mission.
Like, during a spy mission, a officer could spawn,
and you could go capture him.
If you fail or choose not to do the optimal mission you don't fail your main mission,
it's just a chance at getting extra affinity,
and something to freshen up the game-play a little.

Would be cool for each Relay to get their own Bar where the Void Trader could go.
(he's always talking about wanting you to come to parties he's throwing.)

Would be cool of the Relays could have an Arcade, 
where you can play the different mini games like Happy Zephyr and Wyrmius.

Would be cool if the Relays could have a fighting pit where anyone in the relay can fight each other.

Also, could we get a smaller Kubrow body type?
I want to make a tiny dog, but even the smallest one isn't small enough.

Hello DE, I have a few questions, sorry if there are too many.

1:  Prime Warframes are being vaulted faster then they are being un-vaulted, are there any plans to change the rate at which things will be un-vaulted so that players won't have to potentially wait years for one of the many vaulted frames to make a comeback?

2: I believe that the Riven system has some good potential, but the many layers of RNG, incredible reroll costs, and challenges (some can be fun, but others are just a pain) are holding it back, do you have any plans relating to the amount of RNG and the many "gates" with the system?

3: Any plans for new end game content such as new trials or game modes?

4: It is great to hear that Limbo will be getting a buff, are there any other warframes, such as Oberon or Hydroid (please say Oberon and/or Hydroid) that you plan to revisit?

You did a great job on The War Within, I eagerly await to see what the future of this game holds.

It's the first time I post a question/feedback for a devstream, but this is something I really care about.

Why have you implemented the new operator powers' tutorial inside TWW in such a frustrating way? It seemed to me like I was playing one of those old platform games where I need to try a jump a dozen times in order to get it right. It felt really distant from what Warframe should convey. I would expect a tutorial to aim at developing basic capabilities, then we can have special missions/rooms that require advanced capabilities later. The cave with the worms in TWW was like using the drift challenges on Lua as a tutorial for parkour.

At least I can agree with you devs on one thing: TWW has been an experience I'll never forget... because of frustration, though. Please don't do that again.