Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good and Bad RNG

svegurok

First of all I want to say Warframe is awesome game. I enjoy every part of it except one and that is sorties rewards. Why?

Here is a simple answer. It is wrong kind of RNG. Some examples.

Good RNG:

relics - you can run any amount of relics per day until desired part drops

caches - you can run any amount of sabotage runs per day and try your luck

Bad RNG:

sortie - you can run one sortie and that is it for the day

Here is an idea. What if sorties had extra challenges to increase chances of getting what you want? Like say...using a hobbled key for each mission for increased chance of endo, or extinguished key for higher chance at legendary core, so on and so forth. 

On 11/17/2016 at 0:12 AM, Celthric317 said:

I find the relic system rather irritating... First do +20 spy missions for relics, then run 50 missions for void traces, then add void traces to the relic and then do another 20-30 missions and end up with nothing but scraps. 

I prefered void keys. 

I'm the opposite.

The old endless void sucked all the fun out of the game for me and I left for over a year until I heard about the new relic system.

Now i'm having fun again. I hated the endless system. 2 hours in the same missions over and over again repeatedly just for a small chance at the part I needed..... It was soulless and mind numbing.

Do those for about 10 hours and still end up with nothing but scraps.

It was awful and i'm glad they changed it. 

Edited by Ailissa

Good RNG = i get a thing that is Always as viable as Others or just an aesthetic thing.

Bad RNG = I need to repeat hundred times the same repetitive activity because i need a thing without even graphic for its stats.

Really disgusting RNG = see bad RNG but stats varies so much i could think about rerolling decent items to get better stats (Lineage 2 stands here).

Worst RNG = i'd need the thing i could obtain via many runs of repetitive stuff, but i am locked to 1 try per day so i just buy it with real money.* (warframe is currently here)

*even in other famous P2W games you don't actually NEED it to play the game but need it to be optimal so that is not an excuse.

Edited by VonDodo