Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Stupid riven mod conspiracy theory] - weapon determined by foundry?

DurganKael

I ran my first sortie today. Reward was a Riven mod. First try, cool. Pretty stoked.

Run the unlock for the mod...level 30+ survival without killing anything. No big.

Mod comes out for Mutalist Cernos.

Mutalist Cernos, which I had just started crafting about an hour-ish before the sortie, and was still in progress.

Out of 38 possible rifles, it lands on the one that I happened to be crafting at the time.

Probably coincidence. 2.6% chance. But the next sorties I run, I'm going to start a rifle of some kind in the foundry and see if by some voodoo a new riven mod comes out matching what I'm crafting.

Anyone else observed anything like this, or want to test?

Well I know it didn't work that way for me, you may have just got a really lucky coincidence. My first riven was for laser rifle and I don't even have a wyrm, or one building. Second one was for Opticor, and while I own an Opticor, it wasn't building in my foundry, several other items were though. 

My first Riven mod was for the freaking Vulklok (and it gave me recoil reduction...).  I primarily use Carrier Prime and Helios unarmed.  My Second was for the Stradavar which I built when it first came out, ranked up for mastery fodder, and then forgot.  My next one was for the Harpak (The crappy harpoon gun the Elite Lancers use on Uranus), same story as the Stradavar, and then the Synapse (that's the crappier infested version of the Amprex if you don't remember), same story.  So if there is any conspiracy it's giving me mods only for mastery fodder... which I guess means the stats on them will be good.

Edited by Shoelip

3 minutes ago, DurganKael said:

Oh, I know correlation isn't causation, and I know it's normally random. What I'm asking is, has anyone received a riven mod for a particular weapon while that weapon happened to be crafting-in-progress on the foundry?

Nope. :| I got a Vectis Mod and never even had the Vectis. :|

Well the first riven mod I got was for a weapon I didn't like and had sold along time ago. It was the infested rifle that can pull enemies in with its alt fire. I have lots of weapons (almost all really) too so really crazy bad luck that I got it for the one and only rifle weapon I didn't have. Then the one I got the other day was for a weapon I have but hardly use which is cool but the mods stats were crap...oh and both are low rank too. Oh and i have lots of greater lenses on my weapons and the two mods I got were for weapons that don't have lenses on.  It seems the people who really love riven mods are the ones with good luck hehe.

Edited by RoninJed