Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible Riven mods

gybarko

Question

There are still impossible Riven mods even after the last updates.

Get 18 kills in a row while wall dashing or wall clinging without touching the floor and without rising any alarms.

This requires 18 kills on unaltered targets while not moving much from your location using silent weapon. There is not a single location with that many targets and a nice wall to cling to,and with the addition of creatures being alerted by corpses its pretty impossible.

sleep negates alert

my bad. looks like I am Wrong on that regard,

" Enemies retain their current alert status upon being put to sleep (e.g., non-alerted enemies will remain so while sleeping, and alerted enemies will remain alert even if put to sleep). "

well, I feel like a jackarse, looks like my first suggestion would work afterall

" Unlike typical arrows, Noise Arrow does not alert enemies upon impact. Instead, unalerted enemies will slowly approach the impact point and remain stationary once they arrive. "

Edited by MakeLuvNotWerFrame

25 minutes ago, gybarko said:

Get 18 kills in a row while wall dashing or wall clinging without touching the floor and without rising any alarms.

This requires 18 kills on unaltered targets while not moving much from your location using silent weapon. There is not a single location with that many targets and a nice wall to cling to,and with the addition of creatures being alerted by corpses its pretty impossible.

I had one like this, although it didn't have anything about alarms. Mine was to get 18 kills while wall-latching without touching the floor. I took my Mirage to the Orokin Derelict ship, found a populated enough room and got it done. Synoid Simulor is love, Syn Sim is life

2 minutes ago, gybarko said:

and loki has to touch the ground if he needs to move.

hm?  how so?   Just keep wall jumping around the map like a monkey pretending the floor is lava. 
Choose an open outdoor tile set that doesn't require you to go through many narrow doorways like Earth and Grineer Shipyard or Kuva Fortress.

This should be doable with an invisible Loki. Do a wall cling when killing with a silenced or Hush modded weapon or using his Hushed Invisibilty augment.
If an enemy notices the corpse, ignore that enemy and continue killing the unalerted others until the alerted one cools down.
Or with Ivara, put everything to sleep first (you don't even need to be on a wall when doing this part) and afterwards latch to a wall and kill at your leisure.

18 is a lot though. Getting that many to spawn in an outdoor area without luring alerted troops requires multiple attempts.

6 minutes ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

Mine is " while having hobbled dragon key equipped, in 1 aim glide headshot 3 enemies" which is impossible since I havefine motor control tremors.

Some helpful hints in here. Ignore page 1 and go straight to page 2.  A hotfix requires the headshots to be killshots now so the advice on the first page aren't helpful anymore.

Edited by MystMan

My first Riven mod:

gxs9TOD.png

Solo an Interception Mission with a Hobbled Dragon Key.  Without dying or being downed.

First, there's only four Interception missions that even qualify for this: Berehynia on Sedna, Xini on Eris, Cerberus on Pluto and Mithra in the Void.

Second, you have to solo the mission.  Soloing a mission where you have to defend four capture points is hard at the best of times.

But you also have to do it with a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped, interfering with your ability to go between capture points in a timely manner.

And then you have to not die, which is honestly the least onerous restriction.  It does, however, mean that high-speed 'frames like Volt and Nezha shouldn't be considered, because you could get plinked to death and fail.

The only way I see this ever happening is with Ash, who combines the ability to strike a large area at a distance with heavy damage (Bladestorm), and the ability to instantly intercept enemies (Teleport).  Even so, you don't want to do this against Infested, due to Ancients; or against Corpus, due to Nullifiers, as they will happily muck up your Bladestorms.

Even so, every time I look at this mod I just think, "Is it really worth the headache?"  Can I guarantee that it'll be A), for a weapon I'm interested in using and B). actually good?  Judging from most of the Riven mods I've seen, the answer's a pretty resounding 'no.'

3 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Some helpful hints in here.

it is the "Aiming" aspect that makes this nearly impossible mate, hand tremors are no joke. imagine you're playing a twitch shooter sitting on a bed and 3 little brats are going apesht, bouncing around on it. that's pretty much how bad it is for me, I have to set an angle then W,A,S,D into alignment. or camp out and wait for enemies to walk into the shot.

but the hobbled key combined with the drift of glide aim makes this impossibly difficult with those little bstards scurrying about, taking cover. ect. ect. ect.

3 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

My first Riven mod:

gxs9TOD.png

Solo an Interception Mission with a Hobbled Dragon Key.  Without dying or being downed.

First, there's only four Interception missions that even qualify for this: Berehynia on Sedna, Xini on Eris, Cerberus on Pluto and Mithra in the Void.

Second, you have to solo the mission.  Soloing a mission where you have to defend four capture points is hard at the best of times.

But you also have to do it with a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped, interfering with your ability to go between capture points in a timely manner.

And then you have to not die, which is honestly the least onerous restriction.  It does, however, mean that high-speed 'frames like Volt and Nezha shouldn't be considered, because you could get plinked to death and fail.

The only way I see this ever happening is with Ash, who combines the ability to strike a large area at a distance with heavy damage (Bladestorm), and the ability to instantly intercept enemies (Teleport).  Even so, you don't want to do this against Infested, due to Ancients; or against Corpus, due to Nullifiers, as they will happily muck up your Bladestorms.

Even so, every time I look at this mod I just think, "Is it really worth the headache?"  Can I guarantee that it'll be A), for a weapon I'm interested in using and B). actually good?  Judging from most of the Riven mods I've seen, the answer's a pretty resounding 'no.'

Duration + Range build Zephyr,  Turbulence keeps you alive, and ult keeps a spot or 2 safe for a while. just bring a few energy drops

23 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

My first Riven mod:

gxs9TOD.png

Titania

I have the 5 gliding headshots one.  I plan on using Loki disarm in a corpus defense mission, kill all robotic enemies so only unarmed corpus crewman surround the defense pod.  Use Zenurik focus to trap them in the air (or a Vauban friend uses Bastille) and while they're all bunched up together in the air like that at the same height, it should be doable to headshot glide them by waiving your rifle only horizontally. Mod it for high fire rate (Speed Trigger) with Soma or such.  Also use Toxic mod, that will ignore their shields and kill them faster.

The Interception solo with Hobbled Key. I also had that one (minus the dying/downed part but that isn't an issue). I can see this as being difficult for new players. But experienced players can do this easily. Since Parkour 2.0 was introduced, hobbled key isn't that big of a burden anymore. Constant bulletjumping relocates you fairly quickly depsite being slowed down. I used a ranged Mag, her pull ability rips enemies away from the consoles when they are trying to capture it. You just have to pay constant attention to the blue ABCD in the upperleft of the HUD. When one is blinking, it's being captured so rush towards its location immediately.   I chose Cerberus.
Capture A, use the zip lines to travel to B, then travel straight to C.  If you're good you can capture D at the bottom but honestly just having 3 points is enough to win for this challenge.  Stay in the middle on one of the zip lines and you have a pretty good reach to cover all 3 upper capture points. If you have a sniper rifle, that makes it even easier, you can cover 4 of the 6 panels from that location.

Edited by MystMan

3 hours ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

it is the "Aiming" aspect that makes this nearly impossible mate, hand tremors are no joke. imagine you're playing a twitch shooter sitting on a bed and 3 little brats are going apesht, bouncing around on it. that's pretty much how bad it is for me, I have to set an angle then W,A,S,D into alignment. or camp out and wait for enemies to walk into the shot.

but the hobbled key combined with the drift of glide aim makes this impossibly difficult with those little bstards scurrying about, taking cover. ect. ect. ect.

Maybe try Bastille/Amprex with Infested defense.

Defense makes everything flock into same place. Bastille to freeze them and Amprex to negate the aiming problem?

5 hours ago, Arkvold said:

My first Riven mod:

gxs9TOD.png

Use Slow Nova on Xini, Eris. The infested are mostly melee so they'll never reach you when afflicted by Molecular Prime, and they're easy to eliminate so you can keep them off the capture points. Hobbled Dragon Key doesn't affect your mobility speed, only your sprint speed, so you can travel at the same speed using bullet jumps.

5 hours ago, Arkvold said:

My first Riven mod:

gxs9TOD.png

Xini is actually insanely easy.

And keep in mind when solo you capture points at an insanely fast rate.

And you only need to beat 1 round.

And hobbled key doesn't reduce your bullet jump which is the main way of getting around anyway.

With only 1 round you won't see any real dangerous infested, it's all light units and a couple disruptors basically.

And why would you discount Nezha?  He has warding halo.  He's only slightly less durable than Rhino.  But frame doesn't matter.  Again, 1 round of Xini is easy.  Cap 4 and check to see if any old points start flashing so you can go peel off whatever is trying to take them.

Also there are 4 permanent ones but the 30-35 syndicate missions count if its interception, but then you need to do 2 rounds.  Still perfectly doable.

I got riven mod with the following challenge:

''Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected with and Extinguished Dragon key Equipped''

So I need to kill around 100 enemies without anyone of them getting alerted, which means one-shot kills, while my damage is reduced. I managed to build sniper with enough damage and silencer mod to do the job, but the whole challenge is luck-based when some enemies are alone and other walk in packs.

I understand that this is not impossible, but it really feels like it when enemies get urge to do a little spin just to see their comrades dead and fail the challenge. After 3 hours I gave up.

Ivara constant prowl invisible. Group enemies with noise arrow. Send enemies to sleep with Sleep arrow opening them up for finishers. Dagger with Covert Lethality guarantees instakills on finishers. Good luck!

15 minutes ago, Tribs said:

I got riven mod with the following challenge:

''Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected with and Extinguished Dragon key Equipped''

So I need to kill around 100 enemies without anyone of them getting alerted, which means one-shot kills, while my damage is reduced. I managed to build sniper with enough damage and silencer mod to do the job, but the whole challenge is luck-based when some enemies are alone and other walk in packs.

I understand that this is not impossible, but it really feels like it when enemies get urge to do a little spin just to see their comrades dead and fail the challenge. After 3 hours I gave up.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)x Varda x said:

Ivara constant prowl invisible. Group enemies with noise arrow. Send enemies to sleep with Sleep arrow opening them up for finishers. Dagger with Covert Lethality guarantees instakills on finishers. Good luck!

Thanks for coming up with an creative approach, but After a quick mental breakdown and coffee break, I came up with a idea. I joined public match and slacked the whole match. The mod required only me to stay unnoticed, so mission complete. Still, thank you for reply, it's nice to know there's helpful people around here.

4 minutes ago, Tribs said:

Thanks for coming up with an creative approach, but After a quick mental breakdown and coffee break, I came up with a idea. I joined public match and slacked the whole match. The mod required only me to stay unnoticed, so mission complete. Still, thank you for reply, it's nice to know there's helpful people around here.

Ooooh I'll have to remember that if I get one! Nice one :P