Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you think Valkyr Prime is disappointing....

CTanGod

Just wait for Excalibur Umbra since he will most likely be just a skin that we had to wait 2 (or more?) years for, go through a cinematic quest that will probably be more confusing than anything, dump some forma into it to bring it up to your Excalibur's level and not even feel special since it will probably be easier to get than a standard prime so that means there will be tons and tons of Excalibur Umbras everywhere.

If that's not disappointing then I don't know what is....

Although it could be worse... DE might give it altered abilities... and the frame might suck... that would be devastating...

4 minutes ago, CTanGod said:

If that's not disappointing then I don't know what is....

Cross that bridge when we get to it, I think. The Umbra disappointment is still merely theoretical. Valkyr Prime, on the other hand, is already here.

Just now, Matt89Connor said:

and i lose all the fun if the umbra has the same abilities of the other 2 with no differences

lmao its still an excalibur

id be really surprised if the umbra has different abilitys
but hey if he has new abilitys i don't care if he is stronger than the prime since then the umbra is a new frame

although I'm really sorry to disappoint you but the umbra already exists in the chinese version of warframe and afaik his abilitys are exactly like excalibur

17 minutes ago, Weidro said:

lmao its still an excalibur

id be really surprised if the umbra has different abilitys
but hey if he has new abilitys i don't care if he is stronger than the prime since then the umbra is a new frame

although I'm really sorry to disappoint you but the umbra already exists in the chinese version of warframe and afaik his abilitys are exactly like excalibur

i know about chinese version, and i know he's an excal, (so sword abilities ecc), mine little hope is then the abilities has a little difference not copy and paste XD

56 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

What's disappointing about Valkyr Prime?

1. Lots of people (including myself) would've preferred Banshee first. Could easily just be my experience, but most of the people I've talked to said they wanted Banshee.

2. No lore was introduced with Valkyr Prime, besides that Valkyr Prime looks more like Valkyr than her deluxe skin. Which begs the question, why? Lore that answers that would've been awesome instead of leaving us guessing, but meh.

I'm willing to bet the UMBRA is a operator skin. Sure it will be a warframe but not in the same sense as the current ones. It is the prototype frame the operators first used that they actually physically used before transference was perfected. It's powers will likely be the current WW operators powers through the UMBRA suit..........

At least that would be better than just a new reskinned regular XCAL like the Chinese one is.

2 hours ago, Weidro said:

These are 2 completely different games from DEs point of view. The mechanics could be alot differnt considering chinaframe got the Umbra Prime Excal while we are supposed to get Umbra Excal. I'd like to hold out my speculation as we've not been given any confirmation or concrete evidence and TWW just dropped.

Edited by Neear
Grammar fix and added text

4 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

I'm willing to bet the UMBRA is a operator skin. Sure it will be a warframe but not in the same sense as the current ones. It is the prototype frame the operators first used that they actually physically used before transference was perfected. It's powers will likely be the current WW operators powers through the UMBRA suit..........

At least that would be better than just a new reskinned regular XCAL like the Chinese one is.

DE has stated that it won't be a skin and I hope they wouldn't make it a skin for the operator in the way you're expecting.

2 minutes ago, Neear said:

DE has stated that it won't be a skin and I hope they wouldn't make it a skin for the operator in the way you're expecting.

To be honest I really really don't care what it is. I'm not expecting anything at all. The above is a random though I just had now in the moment.

Ans sorry but if it is not 100% different than the current XCAL it is still just a skin my friend......

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

29 minutes ago, Zachatoo said:

1. Lots of people (including myself) would've preferred Banshee first. Could easily just be my experience, but most of the people I've talked to said they wanted Banshee.

2. No lore was introduced with Valkyr Prime, besides that Valkyr Prime looks more like Valkyr than her deluxe skin. Which begs the question, why? Lore that answers that would've been awesome instead of leaving us guessing, but meh.

Well 1 is by pure preference. I myself don't play Banshee, and thus don't really care that much about when her Prime comes out. That said, primes tend to come in groups. 2 male, 2 female. I've very little doubt Banshee will be next. Then again...they did show artwork of Zephyr prime....Or was that Zephyr deluxe. I don't remember.

As for lore, did she come with a codex entry? Pretty sure all Primes do. I wouldn't know if she did or not, however. And if she didn't, that's indeed pretty odd.

I've noticed people trying to figure out why she looks the way she does as well. Seems pretty simple to me. Prime is of the Orokin design just like all the others. Gersemi would be the "mass produced" version like the other default Warframes. and of course the original Valkyr was post-Alad V.

Iunno. Just seems really odd everyone's getting mad. I don't see a truly valid reason other than a select few are disappointed in this prime not being Banshee. But let's face it - Banshee is one of the least used Warframes in the game. Even the devs stated this. Probably why Banshee wasn't picked yet.

Edited by SoulEchelon