Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I've spent a lot of time with it and I'm liking the new BS more and more now. 

Here's are some things that I actually prefer about new mechanic

Because of the mark mechanic, I can perform BS while escaping. this has come in handy many times. Marking happens fast. I can quickly sweep a group, bullet jump away and activate BS mid jump. I watch the cut scene and when I return I'm already on my way off and I can cast SS while still in air. With old BS you can cast in air, but you needed to be facing group. I also find it very fun and ninja like to cast in air on the move. 

I can quickly sweep the air and get rid of flying pest. This helps in corpus and infested maps. I play with a controller, so this is actually faster for me than most weapons 

I'm really liking the mark and execute mechanic. I still agree that it's a nerf, but it's much more fun and I still do a lot of the killing anyway. It really isn't that hard for me to target tough enemies more than once, in some ways it's better because I'm not locked into attacking multiple times anymore. Many times the bleed kills them anyway.

Weapon speed does affect blade storm and It helps a lot with my complaint of slow animation. I like using daggers on Ash anyway.

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I can quickly sweep the air and get rid of flying pest. This helps in corpus and infested maps. I play with a controller, so this is actually faster for me than most weapons 

I also play with a controller.  It's not as clunky as most would leave you to believe.  I guess the main reason I like the rework is because it gives me more tactical options while also greatly increasing his stealth play possibilities.  This is a personal preference that fits the way I like to play.  So while Ash might have lost some players, he's also gained some in return.  Before I considered him a one trick pony, and now he has more depth.  At least in regards to me.  :D

29 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I've spent a lot of time with it and I'm liking the new BS more and more now. 

Here's are some things that I actually prefer about new mechanic

Because of the mark mechanic, I can perform BS while escaping. this has come in handy many times. Marking happens fast. I can quickly sweep a group, bullet jump away and activate BS mid jump. I watch the cut scene and when I return I'm already on my way off and I can cast SS while still in air. With old BS you can cast in air, but you needed to be facing group. I also find it very fun and ninja like to cast in air on the move. 

I'm really liking the mark and execute mechanic. I still agree that it's a nerf, but it's much more fun and I still do a lot of the killing anyway. It really isn't that hard for me to target tough enemies more than once, in some ways it's better because I'm not locked into attacking multiple times anymore. Many times the bleed kills them anyway.

Weapon speed does affect blade storm and It helps a lot with my complaint of slow animation. I like using daggers on Ash anyway.

It doesn't bother u, that u cant kill a lvl 100+ heavy gunner with 3 "death" marks and 235 power strength? 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

18 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I also play with a controller.  It's not as clunky as most would leave you to believe.  I guess the main reason I like the rework is because it gives me more tactical options while also greatly increasing his stealth play possibilities.  This is a personal preference that fits the way I like to play.  So while Ash might have lost some players, he's also gained some in return.  Before I considered him a one trick pony, and now he has more depth.  At least in regards to me.  :D

235 power strength BS with 3 "death" marks will not kill a lvl 100+ heavy gunner. Thats insane 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I agree. I think it made Ash more fun. As I get accustom to it, I don't have to wiggle as much and always have it prepped.

I admit it feels less like an " ultimate" and a bit more like a balanced piece to his kit. 

I'm kind of disappointed that there's aren't more players on forums feeling the rework. 

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I agree. I think it made Ash more fun. As I get accustom to it, I don't have to wiggle as much and always have it prepped.

I admit it feels less like an " ultimate" and a bit more like a balanced piece to his kit. 

I'm kind of disappointed that there's aren't more players on forums feeling the rework. 

Because a 235 power strenght BS with 3 "death marks" will not kill a lvl 100+ heavy gunner..thats insane.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

It doesn't bother u, that u cant kill a lvl 100 heavy gunner with 3 marks and 235 power strength? 

I don't know what you're going on about, but I do more than fine in all high level content I've played in. I almost instinctively fatal teleport to high priority threats then activate BS to clean up. Ash still marks while teleporting and doing finisher animation.

IMO, that's far more interesting than just pressing 4 and deleting a bunch of enemies. I'm OK with an ultimate that doesn't trivialize all enemies. It's easy enough to retarget them anyway and I'm not locked into attacking it multiple times. Since Ash only attacks once, I do like seeing the clones finish off a tough enemy

So no, it doesn't bother me.

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't know what you're going on about, but I do more than fine in all high level content I've played in. I almost instinctively fatal teleport to high priority threats then activate BS to clean up. Ash still marks while teleporting and doing finisher animation.

IMO, that's far more interesting than just pressing 4 and deleting a bunch of enemies. I'm OK with an ultimate that doesn't trivialize all enemies. It's easy enough to retarget them anyway and I'm not locked into attacking it multiple times. Since Ash only attacks once, I do like seeing the clones finish off a tough enemy

So no, it doesn't bother me.

But its a "death mark" 3 of them...what? Yes his 3 is better than his 4, so why have use his 4 again?

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

But its a "death mark" 3 of them...what? Yes his 3 is better than his 4, so why have use his 4 again?

theres no point in using his 4, the way to go with ash is to build him for fatal teleport+smoke screen(20 sec duration)+naramon for those pesky nullifiers, atm i just ignore power strenght.

Then use fatal teleport against priority targets and clean the mobs around with a  galatine prime build for crit+slash status procs  with primed reach(insane range),and spin to win and watch slash dots from galatine P. for 10k-20k  on alot of targets, more than BS will ever do.   BS is useless and slow, just ignore it

Edited by minidelight

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

235 power strength BS with 3 "death" marks will not kill a lvl 100+ heavy gunner. Thats insane 

Uhhh, what does quoting me have to do with this?  I didn't mention anything in regards to this.  I'm going to safely assume that you made an error when quoting.  :D

43 minutes ago, minidelight said:

theres no point in using his 4, the way to go with ash is to build him for fatal teleport+smoke screen(20 sec duration)+naramon for those pesky nullifiers, atm i just ignore power strenght.

Then use fatal teleport against priority targets and clean the mobs around with a  galatine prime build for crit+slash status procs  with primed reach(insane range),and spin to win and watch slash dots from galatine P. for 10k-20k  on alot of targets, more than BS will ever do.   BS is useless and slow, just ignore it

I went with Naromon, rakata dark dagger, x2 arcane trickery, Fatal teleport seeking shuriken hybrid build...130 power strength and all duration, range, and speed. I forget his (CC) 4 ever existed, and thats a shame 😔 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

44 minutes ago, minidelight said:

...or I can not use a galatine and use BS to clean up around tough enemies. Options. Some of us like to use them and not pigeon hole ourselves into using meta builds. not everyone wants to use tonkor or simulor to kill multiple enemies at once. Not all of us want to use Ivara or Loki for invisibility. Ash is still a good frame 

57 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

His 4 targets multiple enemies and returns you to your cast location. FT is powerful, but single target and advanced you on the enemy. They have different uses. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

...or I can not use a galatine and use BS to clean up around tough enemies. Options. Some of us like to use them and not pigeon hole ourselves into using meta builds. not everyone wants to use tonkor or simulor to kill multiple enemies at once. Not all of us want to use Ivara or Loki for invisibility. 

His 4 targets multiple enemies and returns you to your cast location. FT is powerful, but single target and advanced you on the enemy. They have different uses. Is that really a hard concept to grasp?

I can kill 5 lvl 105 heavy bombards, 5 lvl 105 lancers, and 5 lvl 105 heavy gunners, faster with FT than U can with this "3 death mark" "BS gimick" there is 0 reason to use BS period. Guess it is a hard concept, u should post a video of how its done. Show us how BS works oh wise edge lord,  in a room full of lvl 90-105 heavy gunners, shotgun enemies, eximuses, and bombards..lol .... Ill wait....

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I can kill 5 lvl 105 heavy bombards, 5 lvl 105 lancers, and 5 lvl 105 heavy gunners, faster with FT than U can with this "3 death mark" "BS gimick" there is 0 reason to use BS period. Guess it is a hard concept, u should post a video of how its done. Show us how BS works oh wise edge lord,  in a room full of lvl 90-105 heavy gunners, shotgun enemies, eximuses, and bombards..lol .... Ill wait....

I highly doubt you could kill those 15 high level enemies mentioned above faster with FT than a high strength BS build. With 215 power strength, BS will kill those enemies in 2 to 3 marks (before melee combo counter). I'm not saying it's the most efficient thing ever, but in high level play, I personally find bladestorm to be a very viable and **FUN** option.  

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

You are a naive optimist.

Guilty as charged.

Heh, if @Hypernaut1 can have his rationalizations about this rework being good, I can have mine as to why we still stand a chance of getting an actual rework.

Apparently, rationalizing is why we have these feedback threads in the first place... come to think of it, "Ash Revisited Rationalization Megathread" does have a nice ring to it.

We are so screwed.

I say make put bladestorm back the way it was but with two changes; one enemies that are marked red can be killed by other players and two if you don`t want to see the animation press four again and you run around while the clones kill things, so the animation is still there but you have a choice whether you want to watch the animation or not.

1 hour ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

I highly doubt you could kill those 15 high level enemies mentioned above faster with FT than a high strength BS build. With 215 power strength, BS will kill those enemies in 2 to 3 marks (before melee combo counter). I'm not saying it's the most efficient thing ever, but in high level play, I personally find bladestorm to be a very viable and **FUN** option.  

(Via simulacrium in a controlled environment) actually NO u can not kill 1 lvl 105 heavy gunner with 215 power strength and 3 marks, as i only took 3 quarters of a lvl 105  heavy gunner with 235 power strength and only after the bleed proc had ran its coarse. It wil take u 5 marks to kill the 105 heavy gunner with 235 power strength.

And yes i can with max efficiency, and rakta dark dagger, covert lethality, prime fury, quickening build, with energy to spare. tested it extensively.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

(Via simulacrium in a controlled environment) actually NO u can not kill 1 lvl 105 heavy gunner with 215 power strength and 3 marks, as i only took 3 quarters of a lvl 105  heavy gunner with 235 power strength and only after the bleed proc had ran its coarse. It wil take u 5 marks to kill the 105 heavy gunner with 235 power strength.

And yes i can with max efficiency, and rakta dark dagger, covert lethality, prime fury, quickening build, with energy to spare. tested it extensively.

i still dont think thats bad for an ability that targets multiple enemies. You just want BS to be a room nuke again, apparently thats not Ash's role anymore. FT SHOULD be the better single target option. I see no problem with that.

Honestly, no matter what you test in the simulacrum- i rarely run into a room of lvl 105 heavy gunners. Even if i did, and decided to use FT to deal with each one...so what? Doesnt mean i wouldnt use BS in situations where its helpful. I prefer to attack then stop instead of being locked into attacking 6x anyway. I still see that as an improvement. 

Ive yet to run a sortie where BS felt like it wasnt doing anything to complement my kit. 

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i still dont think thats bad for an ability that targets multiple enemies. You just want BS to be a room nuke again, apparently thats not Ash's role anymore. FT SHOULD be the better single target option. I see no problem with that.

Honestly, no matter what you test in the simulacrum- i rarely run into a room of lvl 105 heavy gunners. Even if i did, and decided to use FT to deal with each one...so what? Doesnt mean i wouldnt use BS in situations where its helpful. I prefer to attack then stop instead of being locked into attacking 6x anyway. I still see that as an improvement. 

Ive yet to run a sortie where BS felt like it wasnt doing anything to complement my kit. 

No i want BS to do what it says its gonna do, kill enemies immediately. Instead of running past or around them as i mark them for later? It took me 2 sec for a full BS the old way that's 1 animation( with 1 exception). With my build his old BS was no different than any other frames CC.. Now Ash just pretends to ninja, Loki is the true ninja now. 

Ashs 4 should be a multiple attack of his 3 , IT IS NOT CURRENTLY and/or if it cant be made to,  then 👉 it should be removed entirely And REPLACED to have his 1 synergize with his 4.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

In a confined space where BS used to be able to get you out of a fix . . . .like in the sortie I have just done, you are now destined for death because it is not possible to mark enemies in front and behind you fast enough at close quarters,

So for me BS has become Bull Sht :poop:.

RIP Ash :sad:

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I say make put bladestorm back the way it was but with two changes; one enemies that are marked red can be killed by other players and two if you don`t want to see the animation press four again and you run around while the clones kill things, so the animation is still there but you have a choice whether you want to watch the animation or not.

What he said

56 minutes ago, Cluele55 said:

In a confined space where BS used to be able to get you out of a fix . . . .like in the sortie I have just done, you are now destined for death because it is not possible to mark enemies in front and behind you fast enough at close quarters,

So for me BS has become Bull Sht :poop:.

RIP Ash :sad:

Ash playstyle is a bit more ninja like now. You dont just go wade into crowds and smash 4 as a panic anymore.

Now what you would do is

1. have BS mode up at all times, marking everything as you go. 

2. If you get ambushed, simply parkour out of the crowd and SS at same time

3. Activate BS while youre escaping. You dont need to be looking at enemies. after BS is done you will return to your midair position or safe place.