Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, i appreciate forma in sorties.....

Hypernaut1

I like the idea of having a built forma (certain better than a forma blueprint) as a sortie reward.  I have a good stash of forma to do whatever I want, but I recognize that there are players old and new who need and want more forma.  I'm all for players having multiple ways of getting forma even if I personally don't need it.  It would be even better if it's a bundle of three build forma to sweeten the deal a bit.

At least a built forma is still better than Nitain Extract or Exilus Adapter blueprint in my opinion.

6 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

I like the idea of having a built forma (certain better than a forma blueprint) as a sortie reward.  I have a good stash of forma to do whatever I want, but I recognize that there are players old and new who need and want more forma.  I'm all for players having multiple ways of getting forma even if I personally don't need it.  It would be even better if it's a bundle of three build forma to sweeten the deal a bit.

At least a built forma is still better than Nitain Extract or Exilus Adapter blueprint in my opinion.

Disagree with the Exilus Adaptor. Only a handful of my frames have exilus adaptors on. Farming 50K Simaris standing to get the a single blueprint, then having to use two built formas plus an argon is such a pain.

Sorties should give fully built Exilus Adaptor quite often. I have 25 or so frames than need an exilus adaptor as of now... This is coming from someone that has a stockpile of 20 Reactors, 20 Catalysts, 20 Ish Formas... Numerous lenses and so on. Exilus were added late into the game, they hardly ever come in as rewards... And we deserve an easy way to get them other than paying plat.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

No.

I can sell my Extra Endo. I cannot sell my Extra Forma. By default a Forma is a worse.

2k Endo is about 15plat after credit costs. Those who were complaining about 2k Endo in the first place obviously don't know how to manage their extra resources.

The purpose of an end-game solution is to add long term play value to the game. By adding things that have no market value whatsoever they they're doing to opposite. It doesn't matter how much Endo I have, it's worth something. Meanwhile my extra forma, reactors, catalysts and nitain have no value at all unless I find a way to use them which could very well be never.

There ultimately comes a point in this game when plat is your progression. Trust me I play a lot. Eventually you have everything and stacking plat is the only sense of progression you can get. Which is why Riven mods are a very good thing. Even if I have perfect rolls, there's a reason to keep doing it. The same cannot be said for majority of the Sorties loot table.

This is why that recent thread about having 2 Sorties available per day was a brilliant idea. One slightly lower level than current Sortie and it drops Endo and Forma and so on, and another slightly higher level than current Sortie that doesn't drop these things.

No Sortie should ever drop Nitain; that one is just a cruel joke.

Edited by GhostlightX

2 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Disagree with the Exilus Adaptor. Only a handful of my frames have exilus adaptors on. Farming 50K Simaris standing to get the a single blueprint, then having to use two built formas plus an argon is such a pain.

Sorties should give fully built Exilus Adaptor quite often. I have 25 or so frames than need an exilus adaptor as of now... This is coming from someone that has a stockpile of 20 Reactors, 20 Catalysts, 20 Ish Formas... Numerous lenses and so on. Exilus were added late into the game, they hardly ever come in as rewards... And we deserve an easy way to get them other than paying plat.

Huh? I didn't say it right out but Exilus Adaptor BLUEPRINT is junk as a sortie reward when I wrote a built Forma is better than  Exilus Adapter blueprint. I guess I should have spelled it out if people don't read between the lines even though the thread is about Forma--a built Exilus Adapter is a much better than its blueprint.

I can easily get the blueprint from Simaris because I do synthesis regularly. What I don't like is the amount of resouces I need to build that (2 Formas? 2 Argon Crystals? Yes, I can get those easily but still it's way more trouble than necessary). I find getting the blueprint here in sortie or as GotL reward as a waste of time because we already have a non-RNG way of getting the blueprint already. I remember for one of the GotL reward the Exilus Adapter blueprint was given and people had the same issue that you and I have now with it being sortie reward.

I agree your point on why we should get built Exilus Adapter, but it's weird that you said you disagree with me that built Forma is better than Nitain Extract and a Exilus Adapter blueprint. I feel that you saw my mentioning of Exilus Adapter and wanted in chime in about the lack of Exilus Aadpter reward in game (understandable! I feel the same) but you jumped into the wrong conclusion of what I was addressing. 

Edited by xiaodenden

1 hour ago, GhostlightX said:

This is why that recent thread about having 2 Sorties available per day was a brilliant idea. One slightly lower level than current Sortie and it drops Endo and Forma and so on, and another slightly higher level than current Sortie that doesn't drop these things.

No Sortie should ever drop Nitain; that one is just a cruel joke.

Newbies would just try and do both though and Veterans will carry them just like now. The only difference is the loot table for one is better. It doesn't actually divide the difference in progression that it should.

DE needs to either stop pretending Sorties are end-game or start enforcing it. This middle road crap doesn't cut it.

There are only 3 things on that list that I actually want and 2 of them are just going to be turned into plat. Leaving one legitimate progression option. Riven mods.

22 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

There are only 3 things on that list that I actually want and 2 of them are just going to be turned into plat. Leaving one legitimate progression option. Riven mods.

This one statement pretty much sums up why I even bother with sorties.  It use to be for an interesting challenge at first.  Then it got annoying because of the rewards I was getting.  None of which I wanted.  Now the only thing that interests me in sorties is the riven mods.  That's only because I like doing the challenges to unlock them, and they can sell for decent plat. 

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This one statement pretty much sums up why I even bother with sorties.  It use to be for an interesting challenge at first.  Then it got annoying because of the rewards I was getting.  None of which I wanted.  Now the only thing that interests me in sorties is the riven mods.  That's only because I like doing the challenges to unlock them, and they can sell for decent plat. 

Yea, eventually even Riven mods will end up as plat progression but that's still a lot better than all the dead-end items they have on that list.

I can't do anything with most of that loot. Least I can sell 2k Endo then buy something I want with the plat. Hell,  I can sell 2k Endo and buy a Forma if I need it that badly.

1 minute ago, Keltik0ne said:

I'm up to my 14th in a row 2k endo reward (only 1 sortie since the patch though), a forma would not please me.

Funny thing is that I would have rather have gotten your rewards instead of the lens and greater lens I kept getting.  Don't you just luv RNG!  :D

14 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Newbies would just try and do both though and Veterans will carry them just like now. The only difference is the loot table for one is better. It doesn't actually divide the difference in progression that it should

The idea is that one of the daily Sorties would be mastery-locked at MR15 or something, to prevent the newbies getting carried.

On 11/26/2016 at 2:09 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

Its far easier for me to get endo than it is to run a relic and choose forma over some extra ducats. If you insist on having common rewards, i dont mind replacing a few 2k endo rolls with forma or other useful resources. I use my forma (especially with new riven mods) and still need more to flesh out my dojo. 

just getting this out there....im sure there will be MANY vocal opinions that disagree and want a riven every other sortie instead.

Btw, it a complete Forma, not a Forma BP that you get from relics, so there is that. 

Indeed, it's not of much use for someone like me that used ~400 Forma so far and still have 50 already baked. But I can see what purpose it may have, and that is to dilute the drop tables so that you don't always get a "money item".

Even in Raids, which are more bothersome to prepare for, you often get crap rewards.