The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TIL Chesa Kubrows can scan plants

brokentool

i posted this earlier on reddit today:

So.. I am sorry if this old news, but could not find anything online on the subject.

Yesterday I incubated my first Chesa and today I noticed that the dog starts digging around threshcones on Earth and then I get a scan for them.

Now it did it with a Vestan Moss I missed.

pic or it did not happen

i have all plants scanned, i just need them for apothic and antitoxins. the dog starts digging near the plant, then barks, then i get +10 affinity and a 'scan' feedback

47 minutes ago, Archonos23 said:

Incoming rework for Chesa?

Maybe it has something to do with the plan of making vacuum available for Kubrows & Kavats too.

This seems likely. There is also a behavior change in how the Chesa delivers items, instead of picking up stuff in its mouth and walking it back, it now instantly credits the pick-up as soon as it runs over it.

*edit after more use*

Unless improvements to the Kubrow AI item targeting also come with an update... this still isn't worth it. It's still faster to manually scan plants yourself. Also the item pickup behavior of the Chesa is still well below tolerable, to the point that its faster to walk over items yourself... Which totally negates the point of even bringing a Chesa in-place of anything else. Back in the puppy freezer my Chesa goes.

Edited by Brasten

Just now, texrei said:

I was waiting when my guy will do this for me - and nothing. I even marked him plants lol. As well as my kavat do not do wonders for me and never buffs my kuva or traces amount

probably it's the same as helios if u scan enough time to complete the voice in the codex (12/12) u need to manually scan it later.

1 minute ago, Sirfol said:

probably it's the same as helios if u scan enough time to complete the voice in the codex (12/12) u need to manually scan it later.

I have a Simaris augment for Helios (that marks weak points) and i see him marking pretty often, so i don't think there is a problem after completing codex part, if i understood you right.

1 minute ago, texrei said:

I have a Simaris augment for Helios (that marks weak points) and i see him marking pretty often, so i don't think there is a problem after completing codex part, if i understood you right.

when helios scan things (enemies or in our case plants) you complete the voice of the scanned thing in your codex (like 12 scans needed to complete said voice), in case of plats E.G. the moss the voice need only 12 scans, when you complete the scan for the remaining 13 (you need 25 to complete the aphotic) you need to scan it manually with the codex scanner because helios will not scan something already full scanned in the codex. The mod for helios regard only enemies. try to go on a grineer ship galleon with helios and the verdant moss already completed scanned in codex you will see helios will remain idle in front of the mos but if u equip the codex scanner u can scan the plant again and take the item.

5 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

its not the same has the helios, i had that sunlight threshcone fully scanned and my dog still dug it, its kinda wonky when it triggers i was standing by the threshcone for maby minute or less.

Just now, Trent22007 said:

its not the same has the helios, i had that sunlight threshcone fully scanned and my dog still dug it, its kinda wonky when it triggers i was standing by the threshcone for maby minute or less.

that will make the chesa the 1st choice for aphotic farm...maybe he need some time to think xD

On 11/28/2016 at 3:42 PM, DaMasque said:

It's cute but not reliable. You can't be in combat (I assume the AI prioritize fighting enemies) and you have to be near the plants. Rather bring a Smeeta and hope for that double drop buff from Charm.

My Chesa (very first Kubrow, random, no mods, got her last night :inlove: ) scans between biting enemies in half. We kept trying to get screencaps of her scanning last night and missed every time LOL I didn't have to be too close by, and she kept me from having to search for them myself in between fighting. Having her go from scanning to seeing arms and torsos go flying was pretty nifty :wink:

The scanning is a side bonus, the retrieval is a side bonus, that she does this between literally disarming enemies (because her main ability is Disarm) makes it more than worth it to me.

13 hours ago, Phookamom said:

My Chesa (very first Kubrow, random, no mods, got her last night :inlove: ) scans between biting enemies in half. We kept trying to get screencaps of her scanning last night and missed every time LOL I didn't have to be too close by, and she kept me from having to search for them myself in between fighting. Having her go from scanning to seeing arms and torsos go flying was pretty nifty :wink:

The scanning is a side bonus, the retrieval is a side bonus, that she does this between literally disarming enemies (because her main ability is Disarm) makes it more than worth it to me.

Your love for your Chesa + OP's report has made me want to take out my Chesa again xD

Thanks for the info guys! I love kubrows and kavats, but I do agree they need some work.