The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault and Prime Vault Accessories Discussion

paul5473

That's pretty normal though. You can buy that phone now. Or wait a year or two when it's a couple hundred off, same for the TV, the computer. Basically most things you buy in the modern society. 

Edit: a couple years is also a lot of time. How many people look at something brand new and think "Oh man! I can't wait to get that in a few years!", when by that time there are several newer and far cooler items to be wanted instead. Of course some people do, but very few. 

Edited by agnaram
lacking text

Just now, agnaram said:

By that same logic the entire deal itself is massively unfair to all people who bought the original prime packs. If that's the logic for denying accessory exclusive packs, then the same logic should deny the entire concept of the prime vault. 

I don't see how (unless you are talking about Ember Prime PA, then yes, it is unfair by the same logic even more).

Prime Vaults can exist without 10$ Accessories pack, just like they do now. The entire concept is to bring old primes back, accessories are just an addition

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Access

look how much they cost the past accessory pack, and look up the complete fire and ice accessory pack. Now imagine there are limitation for international transaction, cost of the account u put the money in and cost for HOW u put the money in. It's a deal, maybe u could say they could put the accessory pack separated regardless but that will put the price for 2 sindana at 30 euro, and 15 euro for a sindana is a little too much.

24 minutes ago, agnaram said:

That's pretty normal though. You can buy that phone now. Or wait a year or two when it's a couple hundred off, same for the TV, the computer. Basically most things you buy in the modern society. 

Agreed 100%. It's really surprising that so many people who are playing an M-rated game don't understand how business works. Something brand-new will always have its price hiked up, because there will always be those I GOTTA HAVE IT NOW people who just can't help themselves.

Ember Prime and Frost Prime, plus their weapons, have been floating around trade chat and the Void for a long time. DE needs to be competitive with their pricing since they're working with a smaller consumer base with this Prime Unvaulting, as opposed to Valkyr Prime and her weapons, which no one had a chance to farm prior to her release day.

I can agree with this logic, the separate packs should at least be half-costing, if not removed entirely because of their uselessness in comparison to the 'mixed bag' that is both of them for, effectively, half the price and far much more in Platinum.

Then again, free-to-play developers, overlords, or dictators (see Natah, when she called us, all of us, losers; there is no Lotus, only Natah ) are difficult to reason with because of their lack of base-layer profit (except the cosmetics and a large number of things, including Riven Mods as of this point in Warframe's history).

That still doesn't stop us Tenno from asking questions that will definitely cause them to think.

Before I go, I must warn you:

There is no Lotus, only Natah.

Looks at both packs.

frames? Already have them.

weapons? Never liked any of them.

platinum? Don't need any yet.

extractor? Ages since I last used one.

syandanas ? I drool.

To many cons vs pro for buying. I really like them syandanas but I don't feel like paying for the rest. I could sell frames and weapons for slot but I could do that with my plat I already own.

missed opportunity to get my money again DE. Happy Xmas DE hope Banshee Prime is next ;-)

Edit typos

Edited by (PS4)Avulsed76

10 minutes ago, markus230 said:

I don't see how (unless you are talking about Ember Prime PA, then yes, it is unfair by the same logic even more).

Prime Vaults can exist without 10$ Accessories pack, just like they do now. The entire concept is to bring old primes back, accessories are just an addition

The difference is that one is available for a long period of time, even after the initial release to be acquired through gameplay, while the other is completely exclusive to the prime packs. When it's been years since the original release, people who played at the time would have had the items already. It feels really bad for those people to buy a big pack of items they already have for what is just a small part of it. A bit in the same way you don't buy a new car after a price reduction because you want new rims. 

Edited by agnaram
Weird and unnecessary cencorship

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Access

look up how much it cost the past accessory pack and look how much it cost the complete fire and ice pack. It's a deal regardless, if they only putted the 2 syndanas the the cost for the transaction will make the price too high for only 2 syndanas (cost of the account where u put money, and cost for the means developed for u to pay money, the secure line for u to pay money and other things like that) u will have a 20$ for accesory pack, people will whine 10$ for a sindana is too much, and we start again xD.

Edited by Sirfol

Possible reasons I see that this is a thing are:

1. Complaints that there is no Unvaulting Accessory pack.
This is DE's way of making the packs more attractive. For one reason or another they don't seem to want to release a seperate Accessory pack, but instead they lower the price to make it more attractive.

2. Complaints that the Unvaulting packs are too expensive for the owner of the Frames and Weapons.
Just like above, lowering the price to make the whole thing "more endurable" to the buyers of the packs.

6 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Agreed 100%. It's really surprising that so many people who are playing an M-rated game don't understand how business works. Something brand-new will always have its price hiked up, because there will always be those I GOTTA HAVE IT NOW people who just can't help themselves.

Ember Prime and Frost Prime, plus their weapons, have been floating around trade chat and the Void for a long time. DE needs to be competitive with their pricing since they're working with a smaller consumer base with this Prime Unvaulting, as opposed to Valkyr Prime and her weapons, which no one had a chance to farm prior to her release day.

I actually think the pricing model is fair. Its a free game. You dont have to go and buy things (unless ofcourse you want to support the folks doing the hard work to make the game playable). The only issue I have is the how hard it is now to farm for these things (farm relics, farm traces, pray to RNG). I wish it was not this way but am glad I am part of a clan who are willing to help and relic share. Good luck out there.

The reason why the vault pack is so low priced is because DE thought of mixing things up and not bloating the pack's price with excessive amounts of plat. Ever compared how much plat you get from the highest tier PA and this vault? You get more than three times more plat from the latter.

I hope they'll stick with this direction. Not that I'll buy any PA or vault packs.

Just now, agnaram said:

It feels really S#&$ty for those people to buy a big pack of items they already have for what is just a small part of it. A bit in the same way you don't buy a new car after a price reduction because you want new rims. 

Why don't you complain about normal Prime Accessories packs then? They want me to pay 50$ for a pack with two cosmetics, boosters that will go to complete waste and 30 air support charges that are almost completly useless.

You want different pack with boosters? Fine. You want a pack with 1000 air support charges? Fine.

Prime Accessories are meant to be expensive, deal with it. You don't need them, you just want a shiny, pretty useless item. If you want to shine like a disco ball, then you've got to spend some money

21 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

ummmh please could people look at the past packs before judging?, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Access

if u look it up u will see that for the price they putted for the complete fire and ice pack u actually pay the same for some of the past prime acces accessory pack.

I see Misa Prime and Pyra Prime together for $60. 

I bought both for a combined $200  (Misa Prime was originally $140 when I bought it). 

I feel slightly betrayed.  My response?  DE doesn't get another cent from me going forward.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

This is now getting ridiculous, Digital Extremes.

95% of the time, I think your payment model is pretty solid. Most things available in the store are available in-game for a not-entirely unreasonable amount of grinding. Cosmetics look good. Robust player economy. Good stuff, good stuff all around.

But you've just unsealed the Ember Prime and Frost Prime from the Prime Vault, along with a number of accessories many of us were not able to get the first time around. Thanks to that aforementioned robust player economy, of course, I was able to obtain most everything else that's "gameplay-oriented" from this particular Vault pack.

So why, exactly, won't you let me give you money for the things I don't have, without also buying things I already own and, as such, do not want to buy again?

You've also recently released the Ash Koga Skin as a bundle. But for those of us that didn't want to use a Nikana, you also released the skin separately. Not sure why the Nikana Ryu skin isn't separate, but at least you're halfway there.

I have money here for you. Money I would gladly pay for those accessories, 'cause they appeal to me. Things I already own do not appeal to me. As such, you will not be getting my money until the two are separated.

I've been in the process of typing this out since the Vault update went live about an hour ago. No doubt, there are other posts that will echo my own. I'm posting this anyway, because it's very clear that, despite being told the same thing when you unvaulted Frost Prime and Mag Prime in the past, the message is not getting through to you.

Well, squeaky wheel gets the grease. I intend to continue squeaking until the problem is fixed. I want to present you as an exemplar of a Free-to-Play game that does right by its consumers in its totality. Problems like this are the reason I can't do that.

Please listen to your fans and consumers, Digital Extremes.

Edited by Tadarlis

24 minutes ago, agnaram said:

Edit: a couple years is also a lot of time. How many people look at something brand new and think "Oh man! I can't wait to get that in a few years!", when by that time there are several newer and far cooler items to be wanted instead. Of course some people do, but very few. 

Well said.

I'm willing to pay the premium just so I can get the latest shiny stuff, but I won't complain when it gets cheaper later.  I see it as personally supporting DE and the game I still enjoy.