The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault and Prime Vault Accessories Discussion

paul5473

I am extremely excited.  I've been playing this game for a year now and never had the chance to have these two frames or their related prime equipment!  They will get me tantalizingly closer to MR 23, though I have to wait for 14,000 mastery worth of new items to come out to close the gap even after that.  As it stands I am going to be able to afford 55 syndicate Relic Packs so far with over 1,000,000 syndicate rep saved up.  Here's to hoping DE remembers to put the relics into the buyable pool! D:

Edited by Avereth

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I am curious about community feeling toward this. How many people are there that really wanted to look forward to getting only the accessories? There's only going to be an Ember Prime Package, Frost Prime Package, or a Dual Package (both). Once again, even if you have everything you are forced to pay the whole package just to get the accessories. Just like the previous unvaultings where they said they'll look into accessory packages, there is none yet again. How does everyone feel about this?

To quote [DE]Rebecca on twitter "not this year, sorry!" in response to an accessory package. Not this year, not last year, not ever.

What is the harm in an accessory package?

Last time the Prime Vault package had some accessories in it, there just wasn't a specific accessories pack. 

But Prime Vaults are limited, very temporary offerings different from the PA's. They tend to be more condensed packages without any options. My guess as to why would be they don't want it to compete too much with the accesories pack from Valkyr Prime, especially since a fair amount of people just buy the accessories pack mostly for the boosters each new PA. That would be kind of redundant if the Prime Vault's had a similar accessory pack with boosters and all, and it probably wouldn't get nearly as many takers as a PA accessory pack. 

I don't really care if I have to buy the whole thing as much if DE at least take all my gear collecting into account and give me the gear as BPs and parts so I can at least trade it and maybe give me the potatoes and slots. That kind of neglect towards the dedicated players is why I even skipped in the Targis Prime armor.

Accessory pack is difficult as you can't bundle it with boosters cause of lack of synergy with PA.

Edited by Major_Phantom

Just now, Major_Phantom said:

Accessory pack is difficult as you can't bundle it with boosters cause of lack of synergy with PA.

I would take a guess that this is 100% of the reason they don't do a full//separate accessory pack with Prime Vault. 

Likely like last time, the main packs will have some of the older prime accessories thrown in with the main offering though -- like how there was only one Frost Prime offering in the last vault, but it came with Misa Prime Syandana. They won't offer a separate pack because boosters, but they will repackage the old prime accessories so people have another chance at them. 

Yeah same here, would love it if there was a unvaulted accessories pack aswell rather than a big pack that comes with everything only.

Since I have weapons and frames it doesn't make sense for me to buy the big pack and get another set of those when I just want the accessories.

For example missed out when loki prime was released since I wasn't playing the game yet and therefore missed out on the accessories pack so now if I wanted to get the accessories when he gets unvaulted I would have to buy the frame and weapons that I already own just to get the accessories which would be a waste and pointless.

i understand why people want it separate as long as its priced the same as the the previous vault packs that's fine i would agree, however if you want just the accessories on their own at a cheaper price then i cannot agree as i bought the frost one just for misa prime as well as numerous prime accessories and would be furious if they sold them separate for cheaper at a later date.

Disclaimer: Not meant to just bash DE, I'm trying to give some feedback that's all. If I messed up on grammar please forgive me, english isn't my first language

Also if this is in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one (haven't used forums much other then a little trading)

TL:DR DE Please make a prime accessories pack for the Unvault in Dec.

There is no prime ACCESSORIES PACK, making it so that if you do have everything else but the cosmetics in the pack. You still have to fork over the full price for a bunch of stuff that you don't need. Honestly in my opinion that's a pretty scum move by DE (no offence I know it's business) but come on guys.

You already charge 52 Dollars (cad) for 2 in-game weapons and a large amount of in-game currency. I'm pretty sure you guys should make at least an ok profit. So how much would it cost you guys to make another pack just for accessories?

if you want to keep it 50 or so dollars then throw in some boosters or plat, because I'm kinda sick of this way of thinking DE. I'm sure the a large portion of the community is too, especially the vets. This way of we "listen" to community feedback but then forget the whole thing to make more money easily is just really annoying after a while. So I ask, PLEASE strongly consider making a prime accessories pack for the combined unvaults.

Thank you for your time.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LiamRising said:

i understand why people want it separate as long as its priced the same as the the previous vault packs that's fine i would agree, however if you want just the accessories on their own at a cheaper price then i cannot agree as i bought the frost one just for misa prime as well as numerous prime accessories and would be furious if they sold them separate for cheaper at a later date.

If anything they should be sold just like prime accessories pack, same price so that nobody feels cheated out for buying it later or earlier.

Un-vaulting is the lazy mans way of gaming so I am guessing also the price is reflective of they want you to play the game to get these during these times? I don't know, but I do know the accessories are treated with care because they're meant to be unique this isn't frosts / embers Prime access this is the un-vaulting meant for just getting the weapons and warframes that someone greedily is selling for 2k plat. 

Quiette is quite amusing as always, but I kind of disagree in this particular case. 

The fact of the matter is that the Prime Vault is a simple "everything from the original PA repackaged" because it is for players who were NOT around for the original at all and still want a chance at it. It is repackaged somewhat cheaper (although without as much plat as the original offerings I believe) because it is a much older set of weapons and frame, used/older stuff simply doesn't go for as much anymore, it's not brand new and shiny. 

Why do they not offer separate really cheap packages with bits of each? For two very good reasons actually: 

1) It is kind of insulting to those who dropped a lot of money on the original Prime Access offerings, and you do not want to anger the whales who spend a lot of money on your game, and make them feel like their purchases weren't worth it after the fact. 

2) It misses the entire point of the offering -- the point of the offering* is not so that someone who farmed almost everything from the Prime Access, but forgot to get that last weapon/frame before it was vaulted can get "just that one piece" for cheap, guaranteed. If that's all they need, they can get it from farming, as DE makes the parts farmable during the intervals of the Prime Vault -- so not much to complain about there. 

*The point of the offering is more for people who basically weren't around when it was all farmable, and didn't have any chance at the original cosmetics either from the PA Accesories pack. 

The only thing to complain about is PA cosmetics being overpriced, but another group will always complain they are overpriced. I think people need to just accept the fact that in a FREE TO PLAY game, that money has to come from somewhere. And that in an even somewhat healthy F2P game, for the sake of balance, a large amount of that money is going to come from fashionframe. What is wrong with that? If you want to spend the money on fashion go for it and enjoy, thank you for supporting the game. If you don't want to spend the money, it doesn't affect gameplay at all, who cares? 

I agree that a prime accessories pack should be a viable option if not this time but in the forseeable future, last time mag was unopened I had all her weapons and the mag frame but I couldn't justify spending real money just for the accessories. I missed out the targis prime armour which sucks because it looks pretty fashionframe to me. Ember prime is definitely on the cards for me to buy, with the latron and reaper prime the only prime access items missing. 

But I do agree, a prime vault accessories pack would be good for those who don't have the prime accesories, a few boosters and extra plat would make it more appealing and a good business decision for DE especially if their players don't want to spend plat for things they already have just to get the prime accessories.

Access prime is the way warframe can make money and yeah it's quite expensive (125 bucks for the full set), but we can justify it when you see the amount of updates we get, for free....no dlc, no extension, .....

Btw you talk about cosmetics... Everything else is free on the game.

To resume , warframe only lives from people who support via the prime access. I  think that's normal when you pay that ammount they give you exchange  some exclusive cosmetic items.

Can you imagine the loss of money if they make the accessories apart? Who gonna buy the full set ? That's their business model....

Edited by KiraDess
styling

20 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Ah yes. I'm glad theres youtubers who get to the point and aren't bias fanboys like "some" others who fully support and pretend theres nothing wrong with de's practices. 

7 minutes ago, KiraDess said:

Access prime is the way warframe can make money and yeah it's quite expensive (125 bucks for the full set), but we can justify it when you see the amount of updates we get, for free....no dlc, no extension, .....

Btw you talk about cosmetics... Everything else is free on the game.

To resume , warframe only lives from people who support via the prime access. I  think that's normal when you pay that ammount they give you exchange  some exclusive cosmetic items.

Can you imagine the loss of money if they make the accessories apart? Who gonna buy the full set ? That's their business model....

Thats what the Prime vault is for and plat purchases. Re-relasing old stuff and throwing a cosmetic as "bait" is simply giving us the middle finger because DE knows we'll buy it. You have to stop thinking de is some tiny tindie team. They get funding via other methods not just us, this is just a way to say "Pay full price or buger off", it's not even anything "new" being provided. 
They know we only want the cosmetics, so rather than just put it in a package and put the frames in limited time relics, they throw the frame in so they can boost the price up to the hundreds almost the full cost of prime access as if it's something we don't have just to milk us because there are people who will pay $100 for a single scarf and de knows they can get away with it.  Take for example Australian "tax" almost everything is doubled in price for no reason because people can get away with it, it has nothing to do with needed money, it's just because they know you'll buy it anyways because you have no other choice if you want it. 

Edited by xFrostKnightx

4 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

Thats what the Prime vault is for and plat purchases. Re-relasing old stuff and throwing a cosmetic as "bait" is simpily giving us the middle finger because DE knows we'll buy it. You have to stop thnking de is some tiny tindie team. They get funding via other methods not just us, this is just a way to say "Pay full price or buger off", it's not even anything "new" being proviced. 

Cosmetics are not a bait since every vault package include accessories from the start, for example Frost Prime Vault ($59.99) :

Frost Prime Vault

The Frost Prime Vault was available from December 8, 2015, to January 5, 2016.

Frost Prime Pack
Platinum64 Platinum 1050
Frost Prime
Latron Prime
Reaper Prime
Misa Prime Syandana
Titan Extractor Prime
Frost Prime Profile Icons
Price: USD $59.99
Price: Euro €56.64
Price: GBP £39.92

That's nearly the same price for the Prime accessories pack (49,99$) if you take off the 1050 platinum :

Prime Accessories (included in "Hysteria", also available separately)
Liset Prime - -
Saita Prime Suit - -
30 Air Support Charges - -
90 Day Affinity Booster &
Credit Booster
- -
Price of Prime Accessories
if bought separately
Price: USD Price: Euro Price: GBP
$49.99 €44.99 £32.99