The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Vigor: What it means to you?

Night4ce

8 hours ago, ograzzt said:

Honestly 400 days is about time to realise shields are mostly useless, even on high shields frames, so I don's see why this is even a thing. It should be one of the first milestone rewards.

And if you want it for hp just use vitality.

Maybe it might have more use when DE gets around adding 'shield gating' as mentioned in previous streams. 

13 hours ago, maj.death said:

My banshee uses vigor, redirection, and vitality at the same time with most builds.... So I'm totally gonna upgrade. But will they pull a primed pressure point and need rank 8 to have the same effect as rank 5?

...Why?

If one don't kill you, the rest isn't either.

1 hour ago, (PS4)EnormeMostro said:

Your knowledge is outdate. Nyx doesn't need shield or health mod. Nyx uses 1 augment mod ( I dont remember its name ) to move while casting absorb. Nyx totally invulnerable. Flow is a must-have mod.

If you're controlling the whole map you won't need a constant absorb. It's best used as a oh sh*t button to save yourself. You also don't need that large of an energy pool to store up well over 200k damage. You can also reduce the drain from that mod on void ice pads(and potentially reduce it with self inflicted cold procs from an under powered explosive weapon), you will get energy orbs so fast even a bunch of leech and parasitic eximus can't keep you down, and you can put on that absorb mod if you really want it on this build by removing intensify. It's not mandatory.

Oh and you can't cast while in absorbs so you're not helping your teammates nearly as much.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I'd still consider Handspring more valuable than Primed Vigor for that build.

Edit: Hell, even Enemy Sense would get a slot before Primed Vigor.

Considering primed vigor will net you 220% in each stat giving you 440% total in defenses. With the 440 from the other two mods each gets 660%, and as a total that's 1320% defensive increase. That's nothing to take lightly. If you can fit it, it'll be that much better.

Edited by silkygoodness

9 minutes ago, silkygoodness said:

Considering primed vigor will net you 220% in each stat giving you 440% total in defenses. With the 440 from the other two mods each gets 660%, and as a total that's 1320% defensive increase. That's nothing to take lightly. If you can fit it, it'll be that much better.

At higher levels no amount of shields or health will save you, you're relying on CC to stay alive. You can't cast Chaos while you're sat on your &#! because you just got knocked down.

I'm not saying Primed Vigor is bad, just that there are better options.

49 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

At higher levels no amount of shields or health will save you, you're relying on CC to stay alive. You can't cast Chaos while you're sat on your &#! because you just got knocked down.

I'm not saying Primed Vigor is bad, just that there are better options.

With chaos up you will only get hit occasionally, in sorties and raids defenses still work especially when they're well over a thousand. You will never find yourself without chaos up continuously if you're playing her correctly. remember her chaos goes through walls and with max range it will hit well over 60 meters. You can hug a wall outside a door and chaos the entire room on the other side. With the extra defenses it gives you those precious few seconds to get in absorb and drop a health pad. You'll do far more for your team this way.

Edited by silkygoodness

2 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

(For those of you who imagine a Primed 10-rank mod to have 20 ranks, note that with the current fusion scheme, a 20-rank legendary mod would require 41,943,000 Endo to max, the equivalent of maxing 1,025 10-rank legendary mods.)

I know. And it would still be more welcome than Primed Vigor.

It could free up space where frames I have slotted redirection and vitality, since it is health and shields in one mod, giving more room for other mods for energy builds. It may also reinforce tanky builds, for high level long missions, which would help for long missions one does for farming relics.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

Pretty useless to me. Maybe I could put it on a couple of frames instead of Redirection, but it would make little to no difference. You either run Vitality or Redirection, depending on what benefits the frame in question most, I don't have both on any frame I use. On some frames you don't use either of them. So I gotta agree that this mod should be one of the first milestone rewards.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'll use it on Chroma, but... I find that Arcane Aegis more reliable to gain the extra armor I need.

And with the huge amount of armor I get, I personnaly prefer to use Quick Thinking over a boost in HP/Shield.

Need some testing thought so I'll probably max this out for science.