Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

4 hours ago, kyori said:

oh you mean the entire east of the world has strict regulations etc?....ohhhh

So you mean those countried named by DE are more 'free n relax' on regulation etc?.... ohhh

no, i was very vague on the subject, for which im sorry.

What i meant was, that there is a reason why most of east is excluded.
some countries have "Gambling regulations"
some have "tax" problems.

Im no expert but its basically like that:
DE wants to give free stuff to X country.
DE CANNOT JUST give it to them (esp when prize isnt a 2£ coffe or 5$ app)
DD has to Ask/apply/file in with designated goverment unit (ministry of finance, or Foreign finance office, or whatever-depends what you got in your country)
from here, country can say- No, we do not allow that (because many reasons)
At that point, DE cannot enforce it

what type of reasons? well. Its usually about money.
sometimes religion
sometimes mix of both.
Generally,  nothing that DE can do.
and its not their fault.

People tend to think that internet got its own rules and laws, but in truth, its not that simple.
As far as we are fair and equal in game, as players. that does not extend to our lives outside game.
Whatever the law is, wherever you live, you got to obey it, otherwise you can get in trouble.
Want example?
Youre in game with 3 other players, one Polish, one Dutch, and one from Canada.
Dutch guy has Legal weed in his country.
Polish guy does not.
Canadian guy is about to get it in 2017.

Is it fair? dont ask me, but thats how it is.

1 hour ago, Asylum_Darkness said:

So wait, why does Florida get excluded from this event? If you can get it to Georgia (since it's not excluded) then why not Florida? It's not like it has to be personal shipping, USPS, FedEx, and UPS can easily take care of it, so it must not be a shipping issue. What's the issue? I'm sorry if i'm coming off as rude, but doesn't it seem a little unfair to us players? I can understand not being able to ship to certain countries because there are obviously certain laws that might be broken. But if you can ship to other states within the United States, why not include Florida and New York? Why exclude BIG states from this giveaway?

its Law in these states. DE cannot break the law.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

You need to goto webpage to enter, once entered login. Link is on page 1.

I did and I logged in on PC there, but it just went to the captcha page to verify the login and then nothing. No form appeared, but it says I'm entered.

Also, some of yall are ridiculous. Do you really think DE just arbitrarily decided "and to hell with this country, that country, this province, that state..."?

Use your brains. If your region isn't qualified it's for a reason. It sucks for sure, but that's not their fault. Besides, you're being an ingrate over free stuff you have a less than 1% chance of acquiring even if your area didnt have silly laws. Come on.

Just now, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Same here most likely its just a verification you want to be entered and meet the qualifications of giveaway.

Ahh okay cool. I thought it was because I was using an incorrect browser: I use Pale Moon. I still figured something's off because it didn't prompt me to fill out a form for the giveaway.

7 hours ago, (XB1)AboKadi said:

so, No Saudi Arabia , or Middle east.

thanks Team Warframe. 

any form of gambling is illegal and subject to severe punishment in Saudi Arabia.
Giveaway with random selection of a winner is a GAMBLING instance.

DE is doing you a favor by not allowing you to get in troubles.

Edited by PiotrGracz

Very nice giveaway! More new Tennos will come to try (play) Warframe :P I like them, they remind me myself when I starting playing and was like :awe:
And do not worry i can not win :P, but I have more time to play this awesome game! May the Lotus guide you all!

Awesome!!

One of the prize claim conditions makes no sense to me though- maybe because I'm not Canadian:

If entrant is a resident of Canada: correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time in person or by telephone.

Can someone explain this to me? I find the condition to be kinda hilarious and would like to know if there's a legal reason for this or if it is just a joke of sorts?