The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

3 hours ago, NawStag said:

Everyone needs support DE's, but.. DE cannot support another countrys.. what a shame

You'll have to take it up with your country's lawmakers. I think there is some confusion from a lot of people here -- this isn't DE's decision. Dozen's and dozen's of sovereign countries have laws prohibiting exactly this kind of giveaway. 

3 hours ago, Artorius-Alter said:

And here I went to the lovely page, checked the rules.. and saw the eligibility, and was like.. ''Okay, either I'm missing something.. maybe reading over it..'' or:

SNIP

Seriously though, either I am reading over it, or my country, the Netherlands, is not eligible, a bit disappointed, but oh well, entered anyway, perhaps i -am- eligible for the Prime Access pack if I happen to win one..? How does that work..?

Nope i got intel from Taylor we cannot win either physical or virtual stuff

4 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Damn, NY and Flo-rida are greedy.

But i dont understand Rhode Island. What does registration entail?

From what I understand -- and it is really over the top -- Rhode Island demands that any sweepstakaes/giveaways over $500 are registered with the Secretary of freaking state of Rhode Island. 

8 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You'll have to take it up with your country's lawmakers. I think there is some confusion from a lot of people here -- this isn't DE's decision. Dozen's and dozen's of sovereign countries have laws prohibiting exactly this kind of giveaway. 

Yes.. only 10 countries around the world allows giveways.. yeah.. sure.. :P

12 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Nope i got intel from Taylor we cannot win either physical or virtual stuff

I had understood as much earlier, thanks for the intel nonetheless.

I still think it's bullS#&$, at least for the Prime Access Packs, it's not a physical prize, nothing to ship, nothing to cross any borders.

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I had understood as much earlier, thanks for the intel nonetheless.

I still think it's bullS#&$, at least for the Prime Access Packs, it's not a physical prize, nothing to ship, nothing to cross any borders.

Yeah i think that too.

Honestly i was a little upset than someone i know tolds ma about a well know law in my province that actualy stipulate that they cannot gift us stuff.

So i personaly think its not DE fault but more like country/state/province thingy

Edited by trunks013

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Saltsey said:

Damn Me and My hot head. I read this wall of text 3 times and just noticed Poland isn't there, it's all of Our neighbors... After I signed in. xD Is there a way to back out? I guess I won't be drawn anyway.

As always we can't participate to anything...

4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Wait, why can't this be delivered to Portugal, or can it?

Portugal

All prizes are subject to a 35% tax rate Stamp Duty (imposto do selo), payable by the promoter of the game. Awards in kind (em espécie) are subject to an extra charge of 10% (i.e. total of 45% tax rate).

wow, a lot of tax for a free giveaway lol