Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status is God (New Mods)

Kothophed

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Status has always been bad on melee.

Status on a whole needs to be looked into. However to your point, exception being bleed procs. Which are most melee's life and blood.

Edited by Buzkyl

37 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Relentless Combination actually increases your combo with every slash proc tick, Melee DPS is directly affected by your combo multiplier.

Until there is a dedicated slot for this mod, it's hardly worth it. Yes, combo racks up faster. But what are you going to sacrifice to squeeze this new mod in? Losing reach or attack speed is a bad idea, so is discarding Body Count/Blood Rush, as they can turn even a 5% crit chance weapon into something that can crit often enough to support Berserker. Pressure Point? Elementals? There are too many "mandatory" mods in Damage 2.0 to make the newcomers viable. 

17 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

status has always been strong people just did not want to admit it 

Status is terrible though, it's not till pretty high level, like 100+ stuff does it start to out perform Crit builds. When we have so little content that is in that range, it's pretty pointless. Crit weapons will basically carry you through like 99% of the in game content. That 1% left is like extremely long endless missions where stripping armor is important or if you're in a 4x cp squad, getting viral to proc is also important.

7 minutes ago, Thebel said:

Status is terrible though, it's not till pretty high level, like 100+ stuff does it start to out perform Crit builds. When we have so little content that is in that range, it's pretty pointless. Crit weapons will basically carry you through like 99% of the in game content. That 1% left is like extremely long endless missions where stripping armor is important or if you're in a 4x cp squad, getting viral to proc is also important.

Exactly, plus at the levels where status starts to win out are the levels where you don't want to be right in the middle of enemies, i.e., melee range.

3 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Until there is a dedicated slot for this mod, it's hardly worth it. Yes, combo racks up faster. But what are you going to sacrifice to squeeze this new mod in? Losing reach or attack speed is a bad idea, so is discarding Body Count/Blood Rush, as they can turn even a 5% crit chance weapon into something that can crit often enough to support Berserker. Pressure Point? Elementals? There are too many "mandatory" mods in Damage 2.0 to make the newcomers viable. 

Other than Corrosive damage for the elemental combo, I usually run Gas for the AoE Toxin proc considering I use frames that can stun or blind enemies to open them up for finisher damage. In my case I can easily drop Gas for pure Toxin, but I see your reasoning on how tight mod space is for melees.

19 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Exactly, plus at the levels where status starts to win out are the levels where you don't want to be right in the middle of enemies, i.e., melee range.

Isnt this the case of actually the bleed procs not being bad  but not necessary up till a certain point? Because something that is useful for high level enemies is not bad per se.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:09 PM, TheDefenestrater said:

So, i tested out the Reinforcing Stomp augment and I gotta say I'm not impressed in the least.  Iron Shrapnel lets you recast a full health shield at any time, for way less than the cost of a stomp.  The reinforcement is a fixed amount, affected by power strength.  It doesn't scale with Rhinos ability to get 50-100K iron skin health.  It also doesn't add health to a shield that's already at 100% hp, making it useless for low strength builds that focus on stomp to begin with.

This augment appears to be an added bonus to Rhino builds that focus on Stomp, not Iron Skin, and generally play toward the skill as support and CC, not damage. Iron Skin builds will have so much effective health that the bonus from this mod is negligible. This mod appears to be most optimally used on Range/Duration support-focused Rhino builds, which prioritize the CC of Stomp (not the damage, which falls off quick anyway) and the buffing power of Roar. The augment is gives a little more sustain, that's about it. Think about it this way: if it were a percentage, players would be on the Forums complaining about mandatory mods and a new upgrade messing with their build.

It's absurd to expect the mod to give you more health to Iron Skin when it's already at 100%. Rhino already has two health bars, why would he need a third?

On 12/1/2016 at 6:23 PM, Kothophed said:

Sooo... Condition Overload, Healing Return, Drifting contact and some elementals on a Lesion?  New endgame much? Even Inviscrit cheese may end up bowing to these on anything but the most draw out eternal missions.

Considering the amount of "Status Weapons are All Garbage" threads we'd been seeing over the last few months, I'm really hoping these mods will help bring Status up to par with Crit.

3 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Isnt this the case of actually the bleed procs not being bad  but not necessary up till a certain point? Because something that is useful for high level enemies is not bad per se.

I didn't say bleed was bad; I said it was bad on melee. At the levels it is good, you don't want to be in melee range, and there are plenty of guns that are great for apply bleed and such, such as the Tigris Prime.

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Considering the amount of "Status Weapons are All Garbage" threads we'd been seeing over the last few months, I'm really hoping these mods will help bring Status up to par with Crit.

Even if it gave every melee weapon 100% status chance, it won't.  Pure damage will beat out status until you get into triple digit enemy levels, and there is zero reason to be fighting enemies of that high of a level anymore.

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

-snip-

It's kind of pointless. It doesn't give enough back to be worth using, even on an stomp build and just takes the place of a more useful mod.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

5 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

You could say it is bad because it only becomes worthwhile after a while, creating something for basically 1% of content is just kinda bad design. Status as a whole is just bad because it isnt worthwhile over crit nor does it even compete against it for a majority of content. Often times crit will apply the most important status on mobs, death/dead, what's the point of reducing their armor or shields, knocking them down, or stunning them when with crit, they're just dead instead. Sure I could proc corrosive a few times and lower this heavy armor enough that my weapon does normal damage or I could use my crit weapon that would kill it in fewer attacks overall because it does so much more damage.

The only worthwhile combo of status would be Sayrn and her spores causing viral because it's borderline passive with enough range. In the end that just makes crit weapons kill things even faster for anything less than level 100 or so.

I'm not saying status needs to be as good as crit but it needs to be decent enough to use and not feel like you are gimping yourself for doing so in non-extreme situations.

4 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Even if it gave every melee weapon 100% status chance, it won't.  Pure damage will beat out status until you get into triple digit enemy levels, and there is zero reason to be fighting enemies of that high of a level anymore.

Are you paying attention? That's why I'm hoping that these new Mods, which trigger additional effects dependent on inflicting a Status proc, will bring Status weapons into great relevance. Notice how none of them increase Status chance, just additional effects through the Status vein of things.