Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe riven get 3 headshot kills while aim (please help to unvail it)

AndHisNameIsJohnCena123

Question

25 answers to this question

Previously done it with Ivara - gathered enemies and put them to sleep, then used Soma with punchthrough.

But I do wonder if this can be done with attaching for example talons or castanas to enemies head, then doing an aim-glide and detonating it?

2 minutes ago, tocorro said:

But I do wonder if this can be done with attaching for example talons or castanas to enemies head, then doing an aim-glide and detonating it?

Nope, for some reason that doesnt count as headshots. Same for detonating Penta grenades mid-air above enemies heads - no headshots.

Did that on Ivara with Patagium equipped and Twin Grakatas as weapon. Dark sector defense mission on Mercury - nice map, small enemy levels. Gather them all, sleep with arrow, jump - and challenge done.

I had the same riven mod requirements - ended up using zephyr + patagium + stealth drift mod + soma prime in a closed quarter survival.

It was annoying as a lot of hits didn't seem to register as head shots (not just with soma) even though it was a clear headshot....

Edited by LSG501

Did it once, the mods and frames doesn't really matter to me. Jump once, aim, shoot. It is a lot easier against Grineers since MOAs are ruining everything if you try against Corpus and Infested are the hardest to headshot. Also, try it with your most precise gun. Punchtrough also help a lot. I used my Karak Wraith to do this one and it was almost perfect. 

Oh and don't forget to pile them up. Let them spawn, take them somewhere they can't hide and shoot. It's also very important to play in group so there will be more enemies. Try it in a survival, you will have plenty of time and enemies to complete your challenge.

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Used Ivara and Stradavar.  Went to Jupiter and found a room with air jets.  Jumped into air jet and held aim button while spraying enemies with Stradavar.  Jet's kept me in the air until I finished the challenge. 

i have ivara, can you tell me where you found that room and what mission you used?

11 minutes ago, AndHisNameIsJohnCena123 said:

i have ivara, can you tell me where you found that room and what mission you used?

It was a regular Survival mission on Jupiter.  There are Air Jets in various locations on each map of the planet.  They will look like vents with air currents blowing up.  You can jump into them and ride the air current.  Then all you have to do is just hold the aim button while shooting.  I chose survival because the enemies would come to my location that way I wouldn't have to leave the jet of air.  You can find the air jets in any mission on Jupiter.  Even the Alad V assassination. 

edit:  Also it doesn't matter which frame you use.  It's faster with a spray and pray weapon like Stradavar, Soma, etc.

Edited by DatDarkOne
added info

6 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

It was a regular Survival mission on Jupiter.  There are Air Jets in various locations on each map of the planet.  They will look like vents with air currents blowing up.  You can jump into them and ride the air current.  Then all you have to do is just hold the aim button while shooting.  I chose survival because the enemies would come to my location that way I wouldn't have to leave the jet of air.  You can find the air jets in any mission on Jupiter.  Even the Alad V assassination. 

edit:  Also it doesn't matter which frame you use.  It's faster with a spray and pray weapon like Stradavar, Soma, etc.

the problem is it keeps pushing me up and down preventing me from aiming

1 hour ago, AndHisNameIsJohnCena123 said:

the problem is it keeps pushing me up and down preventing me from aiming

this why I used the Stradavar. I didn't have be accurate. Just spray towards the enemy. You don't have to get a headshot with each hit. Only get the number of head shots while still aim gliding. Any high rate of fire weapon should work to speed up the process.

Happy Hunting Tenno and good luck.

20 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

this why I used the Stradavar. I didn't have be accurate. Just spray towards the enemy. You don't have to get a headshot with each hit. Only get the number of head shots while still aim gliding. Any high rate of fire weapon should work to speed up the process.

Happy Hunting Tenno and good luck.

NVM i did it, i used mag and shot the top of the bubble and that finished the challenge for me, and the riven mod is awkward, it says vulkluk magna, i though it was for the vulkar sniper, but it doesn't show up

1 hour ago, AndHisNameIsJohnCena123 said:

NVM i did it, i used mag and shot the top of the bubble and that finished the challenge for me, and the riven mod is awkward, it says vulkluk magna, i though it was for the vulkar sniper, but it doesn't show up

vulkluk is a sentinel weapon, comes with diriga.  Yes you can get sentinel weapons too.....

On 12/2/2016 at 9:21 AM, Skaleek said:

Vauban, bastille.

This, near a door. I unlocked both a pistol and rifle 3 head shot riven with Hobbled Dragon Key equipped this way in the same mission. SOOO frustrating using any other frame. Just use a high fire rate rifle / pistol. Kills don't count, just head shots as far as I could tell.