The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, what happened to gunblades?

Hamiradon

So, i heard about half a year ago or more that a bunch of new gunblades were on the way, and man, i patiently waited for those little buggers, seemingly to no avail. I actually took a long break from the game hoping that some new badass weapons would be added, non prime mind you, when i returned.  But the only ones i have found fancy over the last year has been the rubico and dual toxocysts.

So does anybody have any idea what happened to the development of new gunblades?

Or rather why is it so incredibly hard to just add one sniper/rifle type gunblade?

2 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

The one that was coming was called the sarpa, not sure where you heard a bunch of them were coming 

It's a while ago, but i remember the main deal being that the new gunblades would not be shotguns. Imagine my disappointment when i discovered the new weapons were some pitiful knifes, that were also shotgunish...

Edited by Hamiradon

4 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Umm

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sarpa

It's ingame and its not really shotgunny. only one that was planned and it was released a while ago.

The combo range attacks are multi pellet based, and otherwise the weapon range is really short. Hardly what a gunblade is in my opinion, but i guess i was too absorbed in imagining a coming Vectis/Galatine hybrid.

I dunno man, i just expected so much more out of this  concept after the redeemer came out. 

4 minutes ago, Hamiradon said:

The combo range attacks are multi pellet based, and otherwise the weapon range is really short. Hardly what a gunblade is in my opinion, but i guess i was too absorbed in imagining a coming Vectis/Galatine hybrid.

I dunno man, i just expected so much more out of this  concept after the redeemer came out. 

its still not as good as the redeemer in my opinion, but its a nice change of pace, and it brought bullet dance stance which I really like for redeemer.

4 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Are you calling the Destreza fodder?

U wot m8

yes I consider it fodder, it just can't compete with what other weapons have to offer
sure Hidden Flourish  can kill heavy units easily

but Lesion can do that without having to do any combos and it can take out all the other trash mobs
there's orthos prime, wrecking corpus bubbles all day long, super long range and easy combo stacks

Telos Boltace, the best weapon for finding syndicate medalions and clearing star chart, become ember without playing ember
secura lectra, superb range and status, and money making

The spin to win 2h weapons, and CC hammer

the good old newbie friendly dual zoren and atterax can carry new tennos across the starchart

and ofcourse there's the other single swords that Destreza competes with that has Slash base damage

Broken war - just hold right click and slash away at heavy units with crimson dervish stance
Nikana Prime

and then also Daggers that has really nice synchs with some warframes

so yea that Destreza is fodder to me

1 minute ago, onieyez said:

yes I consider it fodder, it just can't compete with what other weapons have to offer
sure Hidden Flourish  can kill heavy units easily

but Lesion can do that without having to do any combos and it can take out all the other trash mobs
there's orthos prime, wrecking corpus bubbles all day long, super long range and easy combo stacks

Telos Boltace, the best weapon for finding syndicate medalions and clearing star chart, become ember without playing ember
secura lectra, superb range and status, and money making

The spin to win 2h weapons, and CC hammer

the good old newbie friendly dual zoren and atterax can carry new tennos across the starchart

and ofcourse there's the other single swords that Destreza competes with that has Slash base damage

Broken war - just hold right click and slash away at heavy units with crimson dervish stance
Nikana Prime

and then also Daggers that has really nice synchs with some warframes

so yea that Destreza is fodder to me

Well of course your opinion is your opinion, I won't contest that. But comparing everything to everything makes more or less everything fodder from a point of view. Heavy weapons, certainly, and an AoE weapon shouldn't be compared with a single sword.

The Destreza to me has devastating damage because of multihit combos, very fast attack speed and its crit viability make it a blending machine with blood rush and body count. If you have pesky enemies that just won't die you use the finisher to take care of them, and even upto and beyond level 100 it continues to rip through enemies, and that's even if you aren't using CP.

A weapon with an innovative design, moveset, and such damage potential simply cannot be fodder in my eyes.

The sarpa's a burst fire machine pistol with a crap blade attached to it.  All in all, it sucks compared to the redeemer.  DE made mention of a new primary weapon type that would combine a gun with a big melee, but they gave no indication of when it would see production.  Seeing as it's a completely new weapon class, it'll take a lot of work since animations for it will have to be added to every passive animation set.  Don't expect to see it for some time.

8 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Well of course your opinion is your opinion, I won't contest that. But comparing everything to everything makes more or less everything fodder from a point of view. Heavy weapons, certainly, and an AoE weapon shouldn't be compared with a single sword.

The Destreza to me has devastating damage because of multihit combos, very fast attack speed and its crit viability make it a blending machine with blood rush and body count. If you have pesky enemies that just won't die you use the finisher to take care of them, and even upto and beyond level 100 it continues to rip through enemies, and that's even if you aren't using CP.

A weapon with an innovative design, moveset, and such damage potential simply cannot be fodder in my eyes.

Blood Rush and Body count makes pretty much anything viable, but it is still mastery fodder
atterax for example with bloodrush/bodycount can rip those lvl 100, with even longer range and better crit stats

Destreza short range, and have to compete with all the other crit weapons with easier combos, just makes it fodder to a lot of people or just fashion frame, at least it's not a useless weapon, just almost first tier.

even these Gun Blades has a special range attack/CC to their arsenal that makes them viable

Pretty sure there is a list floating around of things they said they want to do or are going to do. Hell i'm still waiting on that new way to obtain stance mods.  They have been heavily busy with the war within for most of this year.  And as of right now 2 new warframes are currently in the works.  And i've no doubt they've already started working on the next quest (the umbra one) it's all about time versus resource management.  DE will no doubt get back to things at some point.  With DE for the most part it's never really about if but instead it's all about when.