Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good secondary?

blAcE_

Question

Lex Prime or Akstiletto Prime, if you're looking for actual guns rather than useless laser pointers. Other than that, Staticor, Sonicor, Spira Prime and Vaykor Marelok are decent if done correctly. 
Or you can always use Furis with the loka augment if you don't really value your dignity.

14 minutes ago, blAcE_ said:

Got back from warframe and synoid gammacor got nerfed so badly! Idk wat secondary to use now...

I still use the gammacor, you just need a mutation to make it work.  Still love it.  Atomos is great, very underrated, Akstiletto Primes are good, Lex Prime, Pox are fun, Sonicor, Spira Prime, Vaykor Marelok.  That should about cover it, you should be able to at least find one you like in that list

I of course still like the Vaykor Marelok. Spectra with the Perrin Sequence mod is also decent and rather similar to the Synoid Gammacor in application though not attack speed or raw damage potential. I would consider the other player's suggestions before it of course as those weapons are among the better popular sidearm options.

57 minutes ago, blAcE_ said:

Got back from warframe and synoid gammacor got nerfed so badly! Idk wat secondary to use now...

I've always been a Lex Prime fan but I've been recently given the Azima a ton of use. I use that for all my higher level game play especially where nullifiers might make an appearance. It might not have the highest damage, but what it does have, it has buckets of.

No one mention Kulstar?

Personal DMG dealer... including self DMG :D But, lets say you are down, lay on the ground... you can't DMG yourself anymore... and you want to clean the room near you to help other tenno revive you... great weapon to do this... only Sonicor can do similar (without self DMG).

And yes all above are great secondary, my personal favorites are Lex Prime ("sniper-pistol + hand cannon"), Sonicor ("launches enemies into orbit") , Vaykor Marelock (good alternative for Lex P, not that powerful but has syndicate blast).

Akstiletto even after 4 forma is weak and it's ammo efficiency is terrible, at least IMHO. Correct me if i'm wrong.

4 hours ago, blAcE_ said:

I see a lot of answers about Sonicor. I'm wondering if Sonicor work on nullifier...

It does, just make sure you're in the 15m range for the projectiles. And they pass through Arctic eximus bubbles.

Edited by whovianGamer

5 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Akstiletto even after 4 forma is weak and it's ammo efficiency is terrible, at least IMHO. Correct me if i'm wrong.

My Akstiletto Prime with 5 formas feels much, much better than my Lex Prime with 6 formas, especially since nullifiers are a thing.

My favorite build is full-out crit build that also serves as Mesa's peacemaker build.

1) Hornet Strike

2) Lethal Torrent

3) Barrel Diffusion

4) Primed Target Cracker

5) Primed Pistol Gambit

6) Pathogen Rounds

7) Convulsion

8) Primed Heated Charge

Edited by NativeKiller

I'd say the choice of sidearm depends on your style of play and what you need one for.  For instance, i'm a melee-oriented player and am terrible at aiming under duress, so I need a gun with a lot of splash so I don't have to embarrass myself by trying to aim.  Hence, I chose the Sonicor.

19 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

My Akstiletto Prime with 5 formas feels much, much better than my Lex Prime with 6 formas, especially since nullifiers are a thing.

My favorite build is full-out crit build that also serves as Mesa's peacemaker build.

1) Hornet Strike

2) Lethal Torrent

3) Barrel Diffusion

4) Primed Target Cracker

5) Primed Pistol Gambit

6) Pathogen Rounds

7) Convulsion

8) Primed Heated Charge

Well... I use the same build... and I feel like they are still weak for me... I'm not saying they are useless but I still can't see those as endgame sidearms, and it's ammo efficiency is really, really terrible IMO. 

36 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Well... I use the same build... and I feel like they are still weak for me... I'm not saying they are useless but I still can't see those as endgame sidearms, and it's ammo efficiency is really, really terrible IMO. 

I guess each to their own then :3

If you ask me Lex Prime would be THE GUN if it were not for nullifiers...

Then again, my favorite secondary is actually the Sonicor... so yeah :D

My Top 5 are pretty much the ones already well covered here:

(in no particular order)

Lex Prime
Vaykor Marelok
Akstiletto Prime
Staticor
Sonicor

honorable mentions go to the:
Pox
Rakta Ballistica 
Twin Rogga
Twin Grakata
Hikou Prime

If I know I'll be facing nulli bubbles (Corpus, Void, Fissure missons) then AKstiletto Prime is my weapon of choice to tear down those bubbles.

I love the Staticor for its ability to have up to 3 elemental damage types at once, plus the visuals.

Lex and Marelok are great all around pistols, hit scan head-shots, status, crit, etc.

Sonicor is boss for the CC and just being a derp in general =p

Twin Grakata fill about the same niche as the Aks'Prime, they're arguably more fun but (maybe) less effective (certainly more ammo hungry anyhow!).

Pox are weird but cool (toxic chicken heads, juggernaut gonads? take your pick!)

Rakta Ballistica can take some getting used to but is very good. The 2 firing options are interesting and the proc of course is very nice.

I'm still finding my niche for the Twin Rogga but they are fun, I'd just like them to have a little base faster reload speed. 

Hikou Prime are really nice throwing weapons, they can toss out stars pretty fast making them both fun and effective. 

Cheers.
~R~

6 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

I  use the same build but with 60/60 mods for the procs. Try it to see if you see any difference.

6 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

That would be because AkStiletto Prime only has 15% crit chance, which is not enough to ramp up damage enough.

Try a full status build and see how that tears things up. I only have 2 forma on mine and it rips through sorties, melting armor or gas-proccing Coprus to death. And don't always hold the trigger until something dies. Burst fire and aim for the head. Improves damage output and keeps you from missing too much.

Staticor is also extremely good and scales super well because it is a status gun. Works for CC or mass procs (Viral on a whole room, anyone?) Vaykor Marelok can hit either status or crit (but I still prefer status). Lex Prime is a hand-held sniper rifle, good for crit. Azima is fun, but not super strong, though it can certainly proc slash well enough. Sonicor is powerful CC, but feels very underwhelming and needs a lot of forma to be as good as Staticor, V Marelok, or AkStiletto Prime, because those only need 1 forma to be top-tier guns.

My favorite secondary right now is the Pox. It is easy to get it up to 100% status, so it can leave persistent clouds of status that is very useful for CC and, because it has high base damage, killing things. A blast+corrosive build trivializes most armored units, and radiation+viral is very strong against Corpus. Unless you run ammo mutation or Ammo Case, you will have to be a little careful about managing your resources, but other than that the Pox does just about everything I want it to do.

The Staticor and Hikou Prime with Concealed Explosives are my main alternatives for when I don't want to use the mighty status tumors.

Lately Ive been running with the Mara Deatron- it doesn't have the most damage but with at least Viral added to the base radiation damage make it a very handy- shoot a few times and CC/kill everything

other than that the Akstiletto or Lex Primes will take care of anything else- I take my Akstilettos to just about every sortie nowadays LOL