Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Forma take 24 hours? (Kinda long)

LillyLizz

Hi everyone, I just have a bit of a peeve or more inquiry about something that's been a part of the game for quite a long time. No, I'm not here to talk about Forma being in the sortie rewards, I don't really care about that even though I understand why it could be annoying. I really don't want to start a flame fest or salt zone, weird wording but that's what I call them.

Rather, my question is as to why this little device that plays such an important role in Dojo construction, Dojo researched weaponry, Warframe and further weapon polarization and customization that is so essential in my opinion based on the plethora of things that require it or could be used by it, why it has such a penalty of not only making you re-level that item or frame, taking additional days and nights if used in Clan "tile" building since those things have their own similar waiting periods, in a game where you can't build two of the same thing at once even though you can build any number of things that are different at the same time, that this thing that has to exist and be used takes 24 entire hours to make.

giphy.gif

If you notice, I'm not making a complaint about Warframe build times. No, I mean sure, logically it is a bit counter-productive feeling for quests for example to spread each part finding, making and redeeming over days at a time, only to have the whole frame take some few days to make. I've lost friends and people I tried to teach the game to because they felt this was just a brick wall after another. Do you see? That's not good, and no I'm not expecting the game to appeal to everybody in the whole world nor keep all of the current players interested, but important stuff like this should not be overlooked nor encouraged to continue. I can't think of any other way to say it but that.

Even though an angry person would say this; I'm not angry. I just want to give my feedback on this particular item, as this is the feedback section after all. I personally would love to see this changed, although my opinion is just that: an opinion. Just for the record, I am not saying anything bad about the devs or other staff at DE, but this is my main question out of everything else in the game at the moment.

tl;dr: I see no reason for this thing to exist with the amount of time it requires and as many applications as it requires you to use it in. I would gladly embrace this thing in open arms if it took 6-9 hours to make, or gee, even 12, just any reasonable amount less than 24. I don't entirely agree with weapons taking that long either but this thing is guarenteed you'll need multiples of. I know, you can space out building over days but still this thing has me and even people with much more time than me asking why, silently or not.

• Like 1

Why does forma takes 24h to build?

Paywall... that's it. DE needs money, like every business. And instead of making the game p2w, they made paywalls. Imo that's better, dont u think so?

Well, that's not really true, the game IS p2w... cmon, if you read between the lines you'll see it, the real meaning of this game is fashionframe, on which, if you spend money you get all those shiny stuff (syandana etc...) ^^

4 minutes ago, Lindsrhyl said:

Why does forma takes 24h to build?

Paywall... that's it. DE needs money, like every business. And instead of making the game p2w, they made paywalls. Imo that's better, dont u think so?

Well, that's not really true, the game IS p2w... cmon, if you read between the lines you'll see it, the real meaning of this game is fashionframe, on which, if you spend money you get all those shiny stuff (syandana etc...) ^^

Not often have I read something as untrue as this. Also I don't think you know what "paywall" and "pay to win" really mean. Like, at all.

Paywall would imply that there's no way in hell you're gonna get something without paying. Sure, you can pay for it and get it instantly but as long as you can get it without money there is no paywall. Pay to Win would also imply that you can get yourself an advantage over others that they cannot if they don't drop money on the game. Again, untrue as it is possible to acquire anything and everything if you farm long enough.

Yes, DE need money. Everyone does. But this game's businessmodel's one of the fairest I've seen. Just try to find a game that lets you acquire premium currency in a decent amount over a decent period of time just by playing the game right and, subsequently, lets you purchase almost all premium items.

5 minutes ago, Lindsrhyl said:

yep sorry, my bad, meant timewall, but i'm pretty sure you're smart enough to have guessed that yourself, hence the uselessness of going all vocabularynazi on me. Now do you want me to edit my post or can you live with how it is now?

With how uneducated the average region chat person is I actually thought you meant to say what you said. But since that is now out of the way, no, you don't need to edit nothing.

24 minutes ago, Celthric317 said:

Personally I don't mind waiting, I only dislike how it resets the weapon to unranked level...

Even then, it's not as bad as it was before since you gain a set amount of based on your MR.

Me at MR22, all weapons I get start off with 22 capacity, just in case you didn't know.

So anyway, to stay on topic:

I'm not too concerned about the timewalls in this game. Atfer all they'll go away after some time. It can be a little frustrating for a new player, sure, but that's only until you get a decent amount of gear to play with and level up. If you don't own boosters you're pretty much leveling 'til you can grab your new gear from the foundry. However, the 24h crafting time for forma could be a little shortened imo. 12 hours would be just fine but with how many forma we need (and how many I use to bring all my old gear up to par and whatnot) the crafting times could be a little less.

At the moment, it's nice we can get fully built forma from sorties and rare containers exactly because of the long crafting times. I think this is part of their very reason to exist.

I just want them to remove timewalls of existance. As a solo player, I do everything by myself, including dojo. I'm at more or less than 540 hours and I'm sure if this woudn't exist, I would have 300hrs at most. I have a whole ton of rooms to do and even more formas to craft. Lets do some math.

For example, I have 5 main rooms to build and 2 corridors to connect them and every single one uses one forma.

To just craft all the 7 formas, I would have to wait 7 days. And more 7 to build the rooms. This without counting all the time I have to spend gathering resources and more 2 days for each room if i wanted to change their colors.

I would have to deal with 14 DAYS of just wait. And if i had platinum, that reduce my time to almost nothing! Man, thats madness.

I don't like RevXDev but I'll have to agree with him on that: In Warframe, if you can't pay with money, you pay with your time.

Edited by SoldierOS

3 hours ago, SoldierOS said:

In Warframe, if you can't pay with money, you pay with your time.

That's how it works in general. If you can't afford something, then you give your time to an employer who gives you money.

Or at theme parks: You have to pay more to park closer to the entrance, otherwise you spend more time & energy walking from where you can afford to park.
You can wait in line for a ride for however long it will be, or you can buy "Fast Passes" to skip to the front of the line (or reserve a spot or whatever other implementations exist).

You can spend time cooking a meal, or you can pay a premium at a restaurant to have them do it for you.

I don't have a problem with the day and multiple day build times.  It's a free to play game.  It's a problem when it's part of a quest, but my understanding is that's something they're now trying to avoid and/or back and fix with old quests.

My issue with the forma build time is that it's *exactly * 24 hours.  You can't just start another forma at the same time every day unless you build your whole life schedule around forma.  You're going to slip a little bit every time until it wraps around and you only end up with five or six a week instead of seven.  I've had forma building more or less continuously for a year and six a week is about the best I can manage.

Trials had a similar problem.  Before they switched to the daily reset time, it was a full day before you could get the arcane reward again.  To avoid the slipping issue, they made the wait time 23 hours instead of 24.  I don't see why the same thing can't be done with forma.

It's to increase the grind. Time is the only variable. Why does it take 4 days effectively to build a warframe? Why does it take some weapons 24 hours to build while only 12 for others? The answer is to keep you coming back. If your warframe takes effectively 4 days to build, you will have to log on to complete all of the parts and to start the actual frame build. This will increase the likelyhood of you also playing for something else, which will increase the likelyhood of you buying platinum to skip build times, to trade for items, etc etc.

I feel with OP. i was recently "ejected" from my clan due to some petty disagreements and decided to start my own clan and let me tell you it was painful. Resources arent a problem for me but i had to wait 24 hours for each room i had to build just to get forma built then add the room build time and you have a lot of waiting. im the kind of person who never trades for plat so i couldnt rush them. i just finished building the whole dojo (3 floors -_-) and im proud of myself but the time on forma needs to be cut down . 12 hours would be perfect in my opinion