Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons vs Factions

TylerBurden

Question

Hey. 
Title is kinda self-explanatory:

Which weapon is the best vs each factions?

What primary/secondary/melee is in your opinion the strongest vs Grineer/Corpus/Infested and also Corrupted.

Talking about high level enemies (Sortie levels should be enough - most players never go above level 100)

17 answers to this question

what's the saying? slash and gas?  In my opinion, most high-level weapons can be made very effective against any faction.  I took a boar prime to sortie 3, some kuva floods, and an endless corpus defense yesterday and it did really well everywhere.  It's really just a matter of how you build them, and what frame you use with them (yes, frame matters).

33 minutes ago, Etharien said:

Simulor/tonkor - all factions. 

Have to agree, though i don't like to play them alot. Especially Tonkor. And don't tell me, that I have to aim properly :P

31 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Mods make the man, not weapons.

Its kinda not dependant on elements, because you will always choose the fitting and strongest element vs the factions. But some weapons still outdamage others with the same mod configuration. 

Edited by TylerBurden

You're seldom in circumstances where it makes all that much difference, but it does make a little bit of difference, and you have A, B, and C loadouts for everything, and you have weapons that specialize in different IPS combos, so why not.

Bearing in mind these are averages balanced against the most difficult in each faction (the cannon fodder being irrelevant):-

IIRC, you want Slash vs. Infested; Puncture vs. Grineer; Impact vs. Corpus; Slash vs. Void.  Note, however, that the IPS matters less than the elemental - IOW, any IPS works well enough against any faction, it's just a tiny edge that you can safely ignore if you just love using a particular weapon all the time, or a particular weapon on a particular frame for theme.

Re. elements, you want Heat (or Blast) + Corrosive vs Infested; Radiation + Cold (or Viral) vs. Grineer; Magnetic + Toxic vs. Corpus; and Corrosive + Cold vs. Void (or Heat + Viral if all are wearing Corrosive Projection).

(Top tip: if you set up your A, B and C loadouts as Void/Infested, Corpus and Grineer, that means with your A loadout which you always default to, you generally only need to switch out Cold for Heat depending on whether you're facing Void or Infested.)

Edited by Omnimorph

12 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

You're seldom in circumstances where it makes all that much difference, but it does make a little bit of difference, and you have A, B, and C loadouts for everything, and you have weapons that specialize in different IPS combos, so why not.

Bearing in mind these are averages balanced against the most difficult in each faction (the cannon fodder being irrelevant):-

IIRC, you want Slash vs. Infested; Puncture vs. Grineer; Impact vs. Corpus; Slash vs. Void.  Note, however, that the IPS matters less than the elemental - IOW, any IPS works well enough against any faction, it's just a tiny edge that you can safely ignore if you just love using a particular weapon all the time, or a particular weapon on a particular frame for theme.

Re. elements, you want Heat (or Blast) + Corrosive vs Infested; Radiation + Cold (or Viral) vs. Grineer; Magnetic + Toxic vs. Corpus; and Corrosive + Cold vs. Void (or Heat + Viral if all are wearing Corrosive Projection).

(Top tip: if you set up your A, B and C loadouts as Void/Infested, Corpus and Grineer, that means with your A loadout which you always default to, you generally only need to switch out Cold for Heat depending on whether you're facing Void or Infested.)

Honestly, IPS can make a bigger difference than elementals when it comes to slash procs dealing stacking finisher damage.  If all your doing is raw, 0-status damage, then yeah, IPS won't matter as much.  That said, I think people really underestimate radiation's status effect when it comes to killing groups of enemies, and I can't think of any reason why it should not be used over pure heat damage.

This is my 'Build Set-Up'  for said factions or rather main 3 ;

Corpus ;

Spoiler

Blunt Base Weapon DMG [ +50% more DMG to regular Shielded targets and +25% to Proto Shielded Targets ] (Just something with more Blunt DMG over the other 2.. )

+ Viral ( for Humanoid Targets since they take +50% DMG from it )

+ Electric ( for the Robotics of the Corpus since it does +50% more DMG to them )

{ Though people would rather mod for Magnetic and Poison which works wonders VS the Humanoid Targets of the Corpus in the long run but since robotics take -25% dmg from that...would you love to be swarmed by Betsy Bursa and it's Oxiclean Ospreys? Though I have to say , for the Corpus Robots to suffer more electrical DMG due to oh maybe short circuiting ,you'd think they'd be able to look for a way past that like Iron Man did with his suit...I mean jesus they do have superior technology.. }

Magnetic DMG deals +75% more DMG to all Shield types of the Corpus while Toxin deals +50% DMG to Human Corpus units but suffers a -25% to Robotics...though Toxin DMG can ignore Shields so if this build was the case...why not just leave Toxin on and throw something else in for the Magnetic 'build' people? =/

Infested ;

Spoiler

Slash Base DMG Weapon :  Slash does +50% more base DMG to any 'Light Enemy' and just 25% more DMG to Heavy Units

+ Corrosive : Corrosive DMG deals +75% more DMG to heavy units such as Ancients / Boilers / "Infested Moas-Art"

+ Fire : This one to Explosive is debatable maybe. Fire does +25% more DMG to Chargers but +50% more DMG to the others like Runners / Crawlers / "Fart-sprey Ospreys"

Though I did hear from some group of tenno that it's best to use Viral and Fire for the Infested but...last I seen , Light Units suffer -50% DMG to Viral...yeah no thanks.

As for Explosive over Fire? Well , the light units are Neutral on that DMG type while heavy units will suffer more with the Corrosive Explosive Combo...you decide o_o

Grineer ;

Spoiler

Puncture Base DMG weapon type : +50% more DMG to Ferrite Armor and +25% more DMG to Alloy Armor....uhm..which units wear what? They seem all mixed..a bit..

Radiation : +50% more DMG to Allloy Armored Units such as Bombards / Napalms and any other Grineer Unit that chooses to wear that...

Viral : +75% more DMG to Cloned Flesh....yeah go nuts?

Though the Corrosive Cold Combo?...Yeah you'll shred off +75% more DMG to whichever unit that wears Ferrite while Alloy Armor units suffer +25% more DMG to Cold....

Feel free to decide which Combo to go with , hope you can crunch the number %'s.

31 minutes ago, Azurian-Draguard said:

This is my 'Build Set-Up'  for said factions or rather main 3 ;

Corpus ;

Reveal hidden contents

Blunt Base Weapon DMG [ +50% more DMG to regular Shielded targets and +25% to Proto Shielded Targets ] (Just something with more Blunt DMG over the other 2.. )

+ Viral ( for Humanoid Targets since they take +50% DMG from it )

+ Electric ( for the Robotics of the Corpus since it does +50% more DMG to them )

{ Though people would rather mod for Magnetic and Poison which works wonders VS the Humanoid Targets of the Corpus in the long run but since robotics take -25% dmg from that...would you love to be swarmed by Betsy Bursa and it's Oxiclean Ospreys? Though I have to say , for the Corpus Robots to suffer more electrical DMG due to oh maybe short circuiting ,you'd think they'd be able to look for a way past that like Iron Man did with his suit...I mean jesus they do have superior technology.. }

Magnetic DMG deals +75% more DMG to all Shield types of the Corpus while Toxin deals +50% DMG to Human Corpus units but suffers a -25% to Robotics...though Toxin DMG can ignore Shields so if this build was the case...why not just leave Toxin on and throw something else in for the Magnetic 'build' people? =/

Infested ;

Reveal hidden contents

Slash Base DMG Weapon :  Slash does +50% more base DMG to any 'Light Enemy' and just 25% more DMG to Heavy Units

+ Corrosive : Corrosive DMG deals +75% more DMG to heavy units such as Ancients / Boilers / "Infested Moas-Art"

+ Fire : This one to Explosive is debatable maybe. Fire does +25% more DMG to Chargers but +50% more DMG to the others like Runners / Crawlers / "Fart-sprey Ospreys"

Though I did hear from some group of tenno that it's best to use Viral and Fire for the Infested but...last I seen , Light Units suffer -50% DMG to Viral...yeah no thanks.

As for Explosive over Fire? Well , the light units are Neutral on that DMG type while heavy units will suffer more with the Corrosive Explosive Combo...you decide o_o

Grineer ;

Reveal hidden contents

Puncture Base DMG weapon type : +50% more DMG to Ferrite Armor and +25% more DMG to Alloy Armor....uhm..which units wear what? They seem all mixed..a bit..

Radiation : +50% more DMG to Allloy Armored Units such as Bombards / Napalms and any other Grineer Unit that chooses to wear that...

Viral : +75% more DMG to Cloned Flesh....yeah go nuts?

Though the Corrosive Cold Combo?...Yeah you'll shred off +75% more DMG to whichever unit that wears Ferrite while Alloy Armor units suffer +25% more DMG to Cold....

Feel free to decide which Combo to go with , hope you can crunch the number %'s.

Actually this thread is about weapons not elements. I know you are more efficient with the right elementals, thats why we put them aside. Don't think about elements, think about the weapon you would put the perfect element combo on it for the faction. So which weapon would it be?

1 hour ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Honestly, IPS can make a bigger difference than elementals when it comes to slash procs dealing stacking finisher damage.  If all your doing is raw, 0-status damage, then yeah, IPS won't matter as much.  That said, I think people really underestimate radiation's status effect when it comes to killing groups of enemies, and I can't think of any reason why it should not be used over pure heat damage.

Yeah that's true re. Slash, it was always highly recommended in endless Void for that reason.

Radiation has the effect you say, it's just that it was never hugely recommended for endless Void because the damage enemies can do to each other falls off dramatically at the higher end of endless, so essentially Radiation just becomes some extra and welcome cc (they're not shooting at you), but it definitely is a good proc for general play.

Rambling on:-

It's harder to give recommendations these days, now that the higher-end endless Void stuff is no longer a thing - there's no benchmark apart from Sorties, and pretty much anything with at least 3 or 4 forma in it can handle Sorties, just as previously anything could handle up to about 40/40 or even 60/60 without worrying too much about build refinements (unless you're really into hyper-efficiency).

(I think this lack of an "endgame" that's acknowledged by the playerbase as endgame/benchmark is hurting the game actually, although it's hard to see what DE could have done other than nix the reason for doing them, because endless was in fact skewing builds way away from what DE probably consider to be what they're balancing against, which, since Sorties obviously aren't it, I guess is probably some endgame proper that they've been planning but haven't revealed yet.)

2 minutes ago, TylerBurden said:

Actually this thread is about weapons not elements. I know you are more efficient with the right elementals, thats why we put them aside. Don't think about elements, think about the weapon you would put the perfect element combo on it for the faction. So which weapon would it be?

If its weapons then...

Corpus ;

Spoiler

Bows : Cernos -> Rakta Cernos -> Cernos Prime

Melee : Bo -> Bo Prime / Fragor -> Fragor Prime / Helicor / Magistar -> Sancti-Magistar / War

Pistols : AKBronco ->AKBronco Prime / AKMagnus / AKStilleto -> AKStilleto Prime / Brakk / Marelok -> Vaykor Marelok / Sicarus -> Sicarus Prime / Sonicor

Rifles : Karak -> Karak Wraith  ( I don't like using Rifles much but whatever ) / Prisma Gorgon <-> Gorgon Wraith

Shotguns : Boar -> Boar Prime / Sobek / Strun -> Strun Wraith

Sniper Rifles : Rubico / Vulkar -> Vulkar Wraith

Infested ;

Spoiler

Bows : Dread

Melee : Ack & Brunt / Galantine -> Galantine Prime

Pistols : AKJagara / Pyrana

Rifles : Braton -> Braton Prime / Burston -> Burston Prime / Sybaris -> Dex Sybaris / Soma -> Soma Prime

Shotguns : Drakgoon / Tigris -> Sancti Tigris -> Tigris Prime

Sniper Rifles :  Lanka

Grineer ;

Spoiler

Bows : Daikyu / Paris -> Paris Prime / Zhuge

Melee : Anku / Dark-Split-Sword / Destreza

Pistols : AK-Lex / Detron -> Mara Detron / Lex -> Lex Prime / Spira -> Spira Prime

Rifles : Boltor -> Telos Boltor -> Boltor Prime / Latron -> Latron Wraith -> Latron Prime

Shotguns : Hek -> Vaykor Hek / Phage?

Sniper Rifles : Snipetron -> Snipetron Vandal / Vectis -> Vectis Prime

Is this better or did I still miss the drop?

everyone uses something different weapon wise, and the variety only increases with mods added to the mix. all I can really give as an answer is my own recommended loadout, but of course nobody is forcing you to use it.

Vs Grineer: Corrosive Tigris prime or Vaykor Hek, Mara Detron or Nukor and any melee.

Vs. Corpus: Synoid Simulor, Synoid Gammacor and a magnetic build on a Sibear are great IMO.

Vs Infested: Ignis, Azima and any slash melee.

Vs Corrupted: pretty much anything, usually something Corrosive or Radiation modded

Vs Sentients: doesn't matter because you're already dead anything as long as I have at least 3 different damage types and a somewhat tanky frame.

On 4.12.2016 at 5:52 PM, Azurian-Draguard said:

Is this better or did I still miss the drop?

Thats what I wanted ;) 
Thank you for your submission.

I know you could use nearly every weapon, but there are only a few that outdamage alot of the exisiting ones. And even faction wise, you always kinda choose the right one.

I was just curious what people are using mostly, and it's kinda always the same ones. There is only a small pool of weapons people mostly use that are really effective and fun to play.

It's more a question of level range over faction and the presence of armor or not.

For instance the infamous Simulor / Tonkor do rather poorly against an enemy with 98.9% mitigation. While a Pure Slash Dread can one shot them.

Corrosive is good Vs. Infested until around lvl 150 at which point Viral is better.

There are things at play which prevent a specific loadout from being ideal at all level ranges and all conditions. Which is a good thing.