Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just a question: Is telos boltace broken?

Kronxito

First: forgive my bad english :)

The build with maiming strike and primed reach has so much damage and range..... 

I havent found a build with another weapon to deal more damage than boltace.

When I go with boltace I always do the most amount of damage in missions (like 60%). With my red critics galatine or another weapon I rarely can reach 30% damage.

Dont know if im missing something with melee or just telos boltace is too easy to build.

Edited by ArionLightning

It's in the same vein as the Simulor series - weapons that can be spammed mindlessly for results. Some people just macro the slide attack and just run throughout the tile with the Telos Boltace, since it is so easy to use. Definitely top-tier cheese in the melee category, if what it does can be considered melee.

To answer your question, it is very easy to build.

not broken....just a bit ....op

the range of the effect is not based on your damage multiplier [supposedly]so it wont amp up and remains a constant, but procs bleed [bypasses armor]

maiming strike adds +90% ,so adding crit chance+ / crit damage is how it runs huge damage

and if you think telos B is bad, wait till you get a zenistar

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Nope it actually not op... people only complained about it because the range is visible (energy wave) and the proof of this already exist. People didn't complain about the attrax and orthos prime even throughout both are both are more powerful then the telos blotace with same build. But trust me the second primed range show the range of those weapons the forum will go mad lol.

33 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Could you enumerate them, please?

You can easily spam spin attacks... no set up required, it automatically hits all enemies in the radius. You don't need to be concerned with objects and walls blocking the AoE you just spam spin and win.

22 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

Nope it actually not op... people only complained about it because the range is visible (energy wave) and the proof of this already exist. People didn't complain about the attrax and orthos prime even throughout both are both are more powerful then the telos blotace with same build. But trust me the second primed range show the range of those weapons the forum will go mad lol.

However. The boltace has the advantage of a guaranteed slash proc, which the other weapons you mentioned do not. Also the AoE does scale with primed reach the last time I checked.... soooo yeah.

5 minutes ago, 45neo said:

You can easily spam spin attacks... no set up required, it automatically hits all enemies in the radius.

As I expected, the "many broken weapons, even some that are better than Telos Boltace" line turned out to be a baseless statement. Claims there are many, can't name a single one.

Edited by SeaUrchins

2 minutes ago, 45neo said:

However. The boltace has the advantage of a guaranteed slash proc, which the other weapons you mentioned do not. Also the AoE does scale with primed reach the last time I checked.... soooo yeah.

The other weapons are majority slash so that really doesn't matter. The telos blotace energy waves power get weaker the farther the enemies are while the other weapons don't, I can hit a guy metres away with attrax and it will do the same damage as if I did it if he was a cm away.

Plus the other weapons take the effect of body count and bloodrush and maiming strike when slide attacking so they actually have better scaling slide attack power... so yeah my point still stands. Boltace as changed because of visible range ( but will agree that free life strike deserved the nerf)

18 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

As I expected, the "many broken weapons, even some that are better than Telos Boltace" line turned out to be a baseless statement. Claims there are many, can't name a single one.

ok.... you want me to name broken melee weapons? Why didn't you say so directly?

just to name a few.... Venka prime, Galatine prime, broken war, war, scindo prime, Nikana prime, dragon nikana, redeemer.

33 minutes ago, 45neo said:

Few things:
-The T. Boltaces damage falls off the further away the enemies are.  The other weapons don't.
-The T. Boltace requires a spin attack to hit beyond 4 meters.  The other weapons can do it with standard attacks.
-The T. Boltace spin attack doesn't benefit from the combo multiplier.  The other weapons do.
-The T. Boltace has really strict LoS in so far that it can't even hit enemies behind other enemies.  The other weapons can hit through walls that are thinner than their range (which for the Attarax is around 11 meters on a spin attack and some of its normal stricks hit up to 17 meters in a straight line)

There's also the fact that the bleed damage for the T.Boltace isn't that good, and again scales with range meaning that at the longer ranges the bleed isn't going to kill even level 20 enemies....
Meanwhile a bleed proc from an attarax is going to do a lot of damage, and the higher the combo multiplier the more damage...

The T. Boltace just isn't that OP as people claim.
Very easy to outdo it with the Attarax/Orthos Prime/Galatine Prime.  Especially as the mission goes on and their combo multipliers climb higher and higher and the T. Boltaces damage just face-plants as it doesn't scale at all unlike other melee weapons.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

Good luck hitting all enemies within 24m around you with any of those lel

Good luck hitting all those enemies with the T. Boltace as its wave is blocked by litterally everything, from enemies to containers, to slight variations in the grounds surface.
Meanwhile the attarax is going to hit everything in 11 meters regardless of whats in the way, and its going to deal more damage at the extent of its range compared to the T. Boltace which is actually dealing less damage at 11 meters than the attarax is.

A small note, it's not "super easy to build", Maiming strike can be a pain in the &#! to farm and costs normally upwards of 500-600 plat to buy. Primed Reach is a prime mod and requires 40,000 endo to max alongside Primed Pressure point and so forth. I have no clue what "easy to build" means for you.

1 hour ago, 45neo said:

ok.... you want me to name broken melee weapons? Why didn't you say so directly?

just to name a few.... Venka prime, Galatine prime, broken war, war, scindo prime, Nikana prime, dragon nikana, redeemer.

They are all good melee weapons, sure, but what do you think is 'broken' about them?

It's just the flat +90% crit chance from maiming strike that's whack. The standard boltace has a similar high damage slide attack and since atterax has the (tied) highest crit multiplier of all melee weapons along with a long attack range, it gains incredible strength as well, comparatively at least.

In my opinion, they went overboard with it, but it doesn't bother me much as it's a rare mod tied to a specific event (do they even pop up anymore? Haven't been around for a while).

So here's the specific answer; The Telos Boltace is not broken, though the high slide attack damage is noteworthy and sets it apart from others.
Maiming strike is broken in that nothing compares to it and nearly every melee build you see since the acolyte event has this as a "must have" mod.

2 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Few things:
-The T. Boltaces damage falls off the further away the enemies are.  The other weapons don't.
-The T. Boltace requires a spin attack to hit beyond 4 meters.  The other weapons can do it with standard attacks.
-The T. Boltace spin attack doesn't benefit from the combo multiplier.  The other weapons do.
-The T. Boltace has really strict LoS in so far that it can't even hit enemies behind other enemies.  The other weapons can hit through walls that are thinner than their range (which for the Attarax is around 11 meters on a spin attack and some of its normal stricks hit up to 17 meters in a straight line)

There's also the fact that the bleed damage for the T.Boltace isn't that good, and again scales with range meaning that at the longer ranges the bleed isn't going to kill even level 20 enemies....
Meanwhile a bleed proc from an attarax is going to do a lot of damage, and the higher the combo multiplier the more damage...

The T. Boltace just isn't that OP as people claim.
Very easy to outdo it with the Attarax/Orthos Prime/Galatine Prime.  Especially as the mission goes on and their combo multipliers climb higher and higher and the T. Boltaces damage just face-plants as it doesn't scale at all unlike other melee weapons.

Thx for your information. 

No, the Telos Boltace isn't broken. In fact it's not even close to being the best Melee in game, so I can't honestly see how it could be classed as broken or OP like some salt flingers are suggesting. It's a very gimmicky weapon that is reliant on a very expensive mod to be competitive, and without that mod we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Oh and past 30 minutes, 3k cryo or lv20 it becomes pretty tiring to use (Physically, if you're not a macro scrub). Your left forearm feels as though you've just gone through a 3 hour Brazzers marathon.

A Maiming Strike/Primed Reach build makes the Telos Boltace very strong in low and moderate level missions, but it ultimately does not scale as well into high level content and endless missions as many other weapons do. Its AoE attack does not interact with the combo counter (though it can help to build the counter with Relentless Combination) and its regular attacks have fairly low range. A Body Count/Drifting Contact/Relentless Combination build will still let it scale indefinitely, but it won't have the DPS of weapons like the Atterax or Galatine Prime.

I can understand why people would think the Telos Boltace is broken or obnoxious, but it really isn't as effective as many other things at the end of the day. I heartily enjoy it for loot hunting and Toxic Lash builds, but the Boltace would not be my go-to for serious endless missions.