The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people in trade chat get mad when you aren't willing to pay their price?

(PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk

I can understand getting annoyed or whatever, but the last few days while I have been looking for an Akstilleto set (I gave up and decided to just use the Aksomati) on more than one occasion I was insulted and/or blocked when I said I wasn't interested in the set at the price they quoted me for and offered a lower price. So then I just said that I would pass and wait for a price drop or a better deal only to be yelled at in all caps, insulted, and/or blocked. 

Are people seriously that thin skinned? 

Doesn't happen to me, but I play on PC

Though I usually respond with bare minimum responses because I don't even want to talk to the person that I'm trading with.

Maybe thats why?

e.g. "Hi are you buying xxx for 50p?

Me: "Yes. You inv, or should I?" or if I'm not interested, "No." and I close the chat box

That's basically all that goes on

If someone says they are selling something for lets say 150 plat, then you PM them and say "no I wont pay that price ill only pay 100"

then that's on you buddy.

If you want to buy something and you're only willing to spend so much, then you post on the chat what you want to buy and for how much.

7 minutes ago, Beggining said:

I traded my weapons with my clanmates, a lot more easier that way XD

Two reasons that didn't/wouldn't work for me.

1.  I've been part of two clans since I've played warframe, one was so massive and dead I spent two weeks trying to farm mats to research ONE new item at the time.  The second is the one I built myself and the only other member is somebody I know personally who decided to give the game a shot again.  So no clanmates by and large who COULD trade syndicate stuff with me.  Call it a personal problem but finding good people on this game feels like it's gotten harder.

2.  People in trade chat or in general don't want to trade syndicate weapons/mods straight up.  They want plat.  While irritating I get that plat trading allows FTPers to buy inventory slots and I've learned to just get stuff myself over the years i.e. the syndicate switch and building my own dojo etc.

Edited by Irorone

I never mad anyone who pm me for a price , but the buyer themselves that mad at me when i was saying my price. Most of them just ignore me or say some mad words , speak something nonsense and ignore me regardless how high their Mastery Rank (20+) or playtime (3000+ hours), they still rude at me.

I already wrote "WTS xxxx , pm your price" <--- but no one say their price in the first place, they just ask my price first then they mad. why? When i'm going to buy something from someone, i always said my offer too.

Edited by ToKeSia

Peoples can be rude in Trade because the rng differently judge who can get what and the sellers want the most possible plat from a deal no matter there is a price for a stuffs. Other hand most of the peoples generally mean and rude and cannot share the bare minimum of politeness. When I trade I ask peoples normal what they wish to buy and talk with them if they are emphatic enough. Patience and kindness are worth traits in trading.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I responded to someone asking for a mod. They set their own price and everything. I message I have the mod. Immediately ignored/blocked. Like....wut? :awkward: It's nonsense.

Yesterday, i got that too. i was telling him that i got that mod and willing to sell with his offer, then he invite me to his dojo and suddenly leave the dojo while ignore me. I don't know what happen . . .

Edited by ToKeSia
spelling

1 minute ago, ToKeSia said:

Yesterday, i got that too. i was telling him that i got that mod and willing to sell with your offer, then he invite me to his dojo and suddenly leave the dojo while ignore me. I don't know what happen . . .

I assume they bungled it and accidentally hit the ignore button since they're all right next to each other, but other than that it was a really low risk trade to purposely ignore someone over. I've gotten away with way more questionable trades (I feel trading vaulted items for high price is a bit scammy) with no problems but people will nickel and dime you over 2p. Strange how that works out.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I can understand getting annoyed or whatever, but the last few days while I have been looking for an Akstilleto set (I gave up and decided to just use the Aksomati) on more than one occasion I was insulted and/or blocked when I said I wasn't interested in the set at the price they quoted me for and offered a lower price. So then I just said that I would pass and wait for a price drop or a better deal only to be yelled at in all caps, insulted, and/or blocked. 

Are people seriously that thin skinned? 

Be honest:  what price were the Akstillettos and how badly did you lowball?

I sell a lot more than I buy and there are a bunch of players out there who will haggle no matter how good the price.  You could post "WTS Valkyr set 50p" right now and get someone to respond "40p".  

My favorite are the sleazes who say "I just got an offer for lower.  Can you beat it?" I always respond "That's a good price.  You should take it."  Usually they come back a few minutes later "The sale fell through I'll take your price."  I just make the trade and smile.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Be honest:  what price were the Akstillettos and how badly did you lowball?

I sell a lot more than I buy and there are a bunch of players out there who will haggle no matter how good the price.  You could post "WTS Valkyr set 50p" right now and get someone to respond "40p".  

My favorite are the sleazes who say "I just got an offer for lower.  Can you beat it?" I always respond "That's a good price.  You should take it."  Usually they come back a few minutes later "The sale fell through I'll take your price."  I just make the trade and smile.

He wanted 115 and I offered 65. 

I didn;t wanna go higher than 70 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

That's a difference of 50p. Nearly half of the asking price. 

I can 100% understand them not wanting to trade (though I'd never block someone over something so petty), as Akstiletto can *usually* get above 130 or so. That is kind of your fault for being cheap. If you want to trade, then you have to buy at the prices people sell things at. It's your onus to find a deal that sits well with you. Halving the price for ANYTHING is simply unreasonable, regardless of your opinion on the item's value. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

That's a lowball offer.  Akstilletos go for around 100p.  I'm sure he priced high anticipating haggling but your starting offer indicated to him that you weren't a serious buyer.  His reaction was extreme but understandable.  

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

10 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

That's a difference of 50p. Nearly half of the asking price. 

I can 100% understand them not wanting to trade (though I'd never block someone over something so petty), as Akstiletto can *usually* get above 130 or so. That is kind of your fault for being cheap. If you want to trade, then you have to buy at the prices people sell things at. It's your onus to find a deal that sits well with you. Halving the price for ANYTHING is simply unreasonable, regardless of your opinion on the item's value. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

That's a lowball offer.  Akstilletos go for around 100p.  I'm sure he priced high anticipating haggling but your starting offer indicated to him that you weren't a serious buyer.  His reaction was extreme but understandable.  

They can be whatever price people wanna say they are. 

I have made dozens of trade with people like this one where someone is asking *insert price* and I get it for a little more than half of that price. I am under NO obligation to pay the market value for something. If I wanna be cheap then that is my deal. That being said behaving like a child and throwing insults and blocking is no way to behave. 

There is no point in trading if you don't make offers. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

Edited by (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

If you want to trade, then you have to buy at the prices people sell things at.

Not exactly, the true value of an item is only what buyers are willing to pay for it. You could be the only person in the game to have a full Ember Prime set for sale, and want.. hell, let's say 10k p, or some other ridiculous, clearly overpriced price for it, and you'll sit there for months spamming your message, never getting any real offer, because nobody wants to pay that @(*()&#036; price.