Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@DE: It finally is time to change getting one-shotted!

Vicious_Vipa

Things like shield-gate are part of most games (for example Mass Effect Multiplayer)  and they are there for a reason.

Everybody knows that it is not fun to get one-shotted.  Why doesn't DE know this? Do they never play on high difficulties?

With the crazy enemy scaling, the mighty "SpaceNinja-Warframes" end up hopping and moving around like chickens because standing still for a second means insta-death.  The alternative is pressing your CC-button over and over or hiding (!) under a Frost Globe (*yawn)

Both is not "space-ninja" - it is JUST NOT FUN !

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

12 minutes ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

With the crazy enemy scaling, the mighty "SpaceNinja-Warframes" end up hopping and moving around like chickens because standing still for a second means insta-death.  The alternative is pressing your CC-button over and over (*yawn)

When u don't mod right, or use a squishy frame thats what generally happens. Team and weapon synergies also play a big part in late game.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

23 minutes ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

With the crazy enemy scaling, the mighty "SpaceNinja-Warframes" end up hopping and moving around like chickens because standing still for a second means insta-death. 

Your point being? Ninjas didn't have the biggest Armors and had to be pretty agile in order to avoid Death. Same happens in the Game.

Also : boohoo the game is too difficult boohoo. They've already said that they're gonna look at it and rework it. Yeah they've said it a long time ago, but it's not as easy to do as 99% of whiners make it out to be, it's not fixed with 1 or 2 changes, so be patient.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)FCastle74 said:

When u don't mod right, or use a squishy frame thats what generally happens. Team and weapon synergies also play a big part in late game.

sorry but I think you are terribly wrong.

EVERY frame is squishy against a level 200 Bombard.  There it doesnt matter anymore if you are Banshee or Valkyr with Steel Fibre on.

16 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Your point being? Ninjas didn't have the biggest Armors and had to be pretty agile in order to avoid Death. Same happens in the Game.

Also : boohoo the game is too difficult boohoo. They've already said that they're gonna look at it and rework it. Yeah they've said it a long time ago, but it's not as easy to do as 99% of whiners make it out to be, it's not fixed with 1 or 2 changes, so be patient.

sorry,  "boohoo"??  so you just want to provoke?  good job man.

As to my point:
My point is that from a certain point of enemy scaling you cannot even engage the enemies anymore.
Is CC-ing the enemies while they are even in another room your difinition of a fight?  because if they even saw you while you are not jumping you'd be DEAD. 

"boohoo the game is too difficult boohoo" - nobody has ever spoken about difficulty. but you may not be able to understand that.

I am not trying to provoke - it sadly just seems to be the truth.

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

No you see, insta-kills are *skillful*, they're *content* and they present a legitimate *challenge*. If anything, you're too strong! We need to nerf you registered losers down to nothing and fill the screen with infinitely more sapping ospreys and nullifiers.

Seriously though, they said that they were gonna fix that, it was a long, long time ago and I'm not too sure if they remember seeing as all the changes lately has just been nerfs on our side, but still, least they kinda know the problem is there? So there's hope, maybe? The fix is probably gonna come with a bunch of caveats though, because lord knows we can't have quality of life improvements without several strings attached.

Edited by Tuxie

2 minutes ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

sorry,  "bohoo"??  so you just want to provoke?  good job man.

As to my point:
My point is that from a certain point of enemy scaling you cannot even engage the enemies anymore.
Is CC-ing the enemies while they are even in another room your difinition of a fight?  because if they even saw you while you are not jumping you'd be DEAD. 

"bohoo the game is too difficult boohoo" - nobody has ever spoken about difficulty. but you may not be able to understand that, it seems.

Not trying to provoke, but there have been so many Threads about the same thing that i just cant bear it anymore. And, most of the times, they either get locked or people tell them to git gud anyways.

Yeah, after a certain Level you rely on CC, i know that feel because i mainly use Melee so it's especially harsh for me. But i don't take it as seriously. They've said that they're gonna fix it, so i just do what i must in the meantime. It just seems as if people don't want to understand that fixing most things isn't as easy as changing 1 or 2 parameters. It's not the best way to play WF, yeah, but how often do regular Players fight Lv 200 Enemies? Exactly.

13 minutes ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

if they even saw you while you are not jumping you'd be DEAD. 

Lemme tell you that you overestimate jumping and parkour when it comes to avoiding incoming damage. There's less than 1 second between a seeker becoming alerted and the oneshot of a moving warframe performing bullet jump+air roll:

Spoiler

Also check this out: seeing Tar MOA is shaking and about to shoot projectiles you naturally roll behind its back to avoid them, but it actually has 360 FoV and will shoot it at the spot where your roll ends

Spoiler

Edited by SeaUrchins

7 minutes ago, Tuxie said:

No you see, insta-kills are *skillful*, they're *content* and they present a legitimate *challenge*. If anything, you're too strong! We need to nerf you registered losers down to nothing and fill the screen with infinitely more sapping ospreys and nullifiers.

I sure hope the red is sarcasm.

I'm really curious as to why you seemingly dislike balance.

8 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Not trying to provoke, but there have been so many Threads about the same thing that i just cant bear it anymore. And, most of the times, they either get locked or people tell them to git gud anyways.

Yeah, after a certain Level you rely on CC, i know that feel because i mainly use Melee so it's especially harsh for me. But i don't take it as seriously. They've said that they're gonna fix it, so i just do what i must in the meantime. It just seems as if people don't want to understand that fixing most things isn't as easy as changing 1 or 2 parameters. It's not the best way to play WF, yeah, but how often do regular Players fight Lv 200 Enemies? Exactly.

ok I get that point.  But even then it is good to raise this topic again now and then.

Because you know how things are done in a company - there is an agenda of priorities. And when they have the feeling people don't consider something important, they'll just keep focusing on adding more and more stuff instead of fixing the existing meta.

1 minute ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

ok I get that point.  But even then it is good to raise this topic again now and then.

Because you know how things are done in a company - there is an agenda of priorities. And when they have the feeling people don't consider something important, they'll just keep focusing on adding more and more stuff instead of fixing the existing meta.

That's why i've wrote the last Sentence. Regular Players, especially new Players, will never play against Enemies this high, therefore it's not a Priority for DE apparently. They did say that they want to focus more on Veterans now, but we'll see about that and if they decide to fix some of the Enemies and their Scaling. Or Damage 3.0 or whatever they decide to rework first. But also what i think adds to said issue are Min-maxers not using Shield/Armor/Health Mods in order to get more Strength/range/Duration etc. Their chance of getting 1-S#&$ killed is a lot higher.

Enemies at those levels are meant to kill you that fast.

Non-endless missions are not really a problem in this regard but with regards to endless missions. The player cannot increase in strength during a mission but the enemies can, there will come a point inevitably, if the player chooses to carry on(regardless of if armor scaling is fixed or not) where the enemies have to become gods in comparison to you the player.

You should not be able to treat something that is now more powerful than you like it isn't. Using CC as opposed to flashy combat. When the enemies reach these level you need to think more strategically because they can kill you more easily.

Although a shield gate would be nice to stop enemies with high single shot damage from killing you.

As for reworking armor scaling/enemy scaling, i'm yet to see an idea that won't lead to players being able to sit in defense/survival/excavation until their game decides to crash.

Edited by DawnThade

10 minutes ago, Extroah said:

That's why i've wrote the last Sentence. Regular Players, especially new Players, will never play against Enemies this high, therefore it's not a Priority for DE apparently. They did say that they want to focus more on Veterans now, but we'll see about that and if they decide to fix some of the Enemies and their Scaling. Or Damage 3.0 or whatever they decide to rework first. But also what i think adds to said issue are Min-maxers not using Shield/Armor/Health Mods in order to get more Strength/range/Duration etc. Their chance of getting 1-S#&$ killed is a lot higher.

well - adding more stuff rather seems to be for the veterans - giving them a reason to keep playing.
some things were done for beginners, too (star chart, etc.).

Ok we'll see what's gonna come.  But veterans are in a difficult position. Because normal starchart content is a cakewalk and the high levels are as described above.

Deliberately leaving good mods out of the build or deliberately using crappy weapons is something you have to force yourself to and not many players do this.

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

4 minutes ago, DawnThade said:

Enemies at those levels are meant to kill you that fast.

Non-endless missions are not really a problem in this regard but with regards to endless missions. The player cannot increase in strength during a mission but the enemies can, there will come a point inevitably, if the player chooses to carry on(regardless of if armor scaling is fixed or not) where the enemies have to become gods in comparison to you the player.

You should not be able to treat something that is now more powerful than you like it isn't. Using CC as opposed to flashy combat. When the enemies reach these level you need to think more strategically because they can kill you more easily.

Although a shield gate would be nice to stop enemies with high single shot damage from killing you.

As for reworking armor scaling/enemy scaling, i'm yet to see an idea that won't lead to players being able to sit in defense/survival/excavation until their game decides to crash.

this is the only thing I am talking about.  I want a chance to react.  if I then die - its my own fault.

Because insta dying without a chance to counter that and not even knowing who killed you is NOT fun - and never will be.  No matter if it is intended or not.

28 minutes ago, Extroah said:

It must not be lvl 200 lvl 120 is already enough that only meta weapons work (riven mods don´t count) and as player with mid game gear and mods it is hard to put lvl 50 enemies down maybe it´s just me but i think this scaling is a thing for a long time now. They must not rework the whole damage system but balance it like they did with the op warframes.

2 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

It must not be lvl 200 lvl 120 is already enough that only meta weapons work (riven mods don´t count) and as player with mid game gear and mods it is hard to put lvl 50 enemies down maybe it´s just me but i think this scaling is a thing for a long time now. They must not rework the whole damage system but balance it like they did with the op warframes.

Yeah, but how often does somebody with beginner > mid game Gear play Missions Lv 100+ ? I agree that something has to be done, but i don't think it's a high priority for them right now.

Ya I guess it is game mechanic.... imagine us scaling with high level enemies... so it is like playing against level 10 enemies all the time? lol

All the banshee, valkyr, chorma, rhino tank meta won't last too long in long hours fight against high level enemies.... Use Loki... they can't kill you when they cannot see you.

52 minutes ago, Freezing-Dragon said:

Why not Tigris Prime. Can't one shot grineer,corpus and infested?

You one shot one of them and the many next to it will all one shot you before you can reload.

41 minutes ago, ohestnes said:

No enemy one shot a modded warframe til past sortie levels

So you never had a Bursa kill you with a missile you never even saw?

Scaling and procs goes both ways in this game. So no I don't agree with you.

8 minutes ago, kyori said:

Ya I guess it is game mechanic.... imagine us scaling with high level enemies... so it is like playing against level 10 enemies all the time? lol

All the banshee, valkyr, chorma, rhino tank meta won't last too long in long hours fight against high level enemies.... Use Loki... they can't kill you when they cannot see you.

You one shot one of them and the many next to it will all one shot you before you can reload.

That's just it. Hours long. How else would they scale?

I personally would prefer LESS enemies and BETTER AI and tactics.

What is most rewarding? Fighting off hordes with Meta or defeating smart enemies by using skill?

Dark Souls is thrown around alot here. They seem to have succede.