The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Chat: Ignoring Me When I PM You

2 minutes ago, (XB1)thespacemeister said:

You probably know what I'm talking about, yep when you see something you want for a good price or want to sell something expensive, then BAM nope you're not getting that 200 plat because they ignore you. Post stories belowwww. ?

I'd assume that the person already got someone who was interested in buying whatever they were selling. I usually do the same if I got buried in responses.

I once saw someone offering to buy charged chamber for 20p. Seemed pretty normal to me so I offered to sell it to but wanted to check if it was absolutely what he wanted, he said yes.

I go to trade with him and he puts the plat and I put the mod, but then he cancels the trade. Confused I ask why he canceled it. He then accused me of trying to scam him because the mod I put was different then he wanted. He said he wanted charged chamber so I have him charged chamber, turns out he really wanted primed chamber.when I told him that primed chamber sells for much more than 20p he called me a liar, said he was going to report me for scamming, and then blocked me.

That was the worst experience I've ever had in trading.

1 minute ago, shadowfire380 said:

I once saw someone offering to buy charged chamber for 20p. Seemed pretty normal to me so I offered to sell it to but wanted to check if it was absolutely what he wanted, he said yes.

I go to trade with him and he puts the plat and I put the mod, but then he cancels the trade. Confused I ask why he canceled it. He then accused me of trying to scam him because the mod I put was different then he wanted. He said he wanted charged chamber so I have him charged chamber, turns out he really wanted primed chamber.when I told him that primed chamber sells for much more than 20p he called me a liar, said he was going to report me for scamming, and then blocked me.

63p0KXD.gif

"Primed chamber for 20p?  I'll take it!"  LMAO.

2 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

I've had this happen once lol; also been called some long winded names that made no sense in trade chat usually from new players. It's more of a bad joke when stuff like this happens. Trade chat revolves around scamming so I'm not sure what he was expecting either.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Do you mean they put you on actual ignore or just don't respond? If the latter, sorry but it happens. Nothing personal, sometimes there are just too many response to reply to them all.

Yeah I meant both but ignoring someone when you offer is really annoying lol

Edit: I mean like in game ignore

Edited by (XB1)thespacemeister

While getting ignored in trade chat by making/refusing certain offers is absolutely a thing, I'd like to add how I've also made new friends through Warframe trade for a bit of contrast. Every now and then I bump into super friendly community members, who ask me what I'm planning to do with a certain weapon or mod after the trade is complete and then we end up chatting about builds and how long we've been playing for and all that sort of thing. It doesn't happen a lot, but the community can actually be pleasantly surprising. ♥ Not defending the clumsy trade system in any way, but every now and then there's also a positive experience to be had with some people.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)thespacemeister said:

You probably know what I'm talking about,

Yes, because I've seen many different posts on exactly this topic over the last few days.

Edit: Please contribute to existing relevant threads rather than creating new, redundant ones.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

Earlier today (as in the date of this post). Got a pm from someone who wanted to buy my centaur aegis. Went to tell them I was in a mission and would be a couple minutes. They never received that message as I got the "user is ignoring you" message. Just moved on and said their loss. Sold the useless parts for credits since they've been listed for months.