Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Axi E1 Relic Drop

ChillyWilly

On 2016. 12. 07. at 3:36 PM, ChuckMaverick said:

I'd say Hieracon is best if you have a good team that can run two extractors simultaneously, otherwise Zabala is better.

Except that an extractor requires 100 seconds, while surviving 5 minutes requires 300 seconds.

On 2016. 12. 08. at 8:07 AM, Whit3Powd3R said:

Btw hieracon rewards can bug out. Or DE fixed that?

• Fixed players not receiving the Relic rewards at each wave cycle at End of Mission.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Brexican said:

Last I checked this still happens in PS4 build.

It's fixed on PC. see ^^

10 hours ago, Ghogiel said:

Which is the real failing of the system, the main way it can actually lessen the grind is usually rendered moot in actual practice.

Everybody knows that the new system has added more grind, but when it was introduced, the keys were converted to relics, so that part of the grind was skipped. And players accepted the new system, assuming the relics will be always as common like at the release.
It is now still kinda accepted, except the forums blow up every time a new relic gets added.

As for "radiants ease the grind" they are not. If everyone had plenty of relics, I wouldn't even think about refining them, because why farm traces, when I can just run the relic intact multiple times - requiring the same time frame, but I'd have a chance to drop each time, not just each 6th.

From personal experience, without radiant share runs it takes an average 12 radiant relics to get the rare drop (my highest was 21, lowest was 4) which equals 70+ missions played. Plus now we have rare relics, who does even think that the new system is less grindy?

2 hours ago, Krumplifej said:
On 12/7/2016 at 2:36 PM, ChuckMaverick said:

I'd say Hieracon is best if you have a good team that can run two extractors simultaneously, otherwise Zabala is better.

Except that an extractor requires 100 seconds, while surviving 5 minutes requires 300 seconds.

That's all moot now as Axi E1 drops from both rotation B and C in hard defense missions since hotfix 19.3.1.

• Rot A: Neo S5 (10%)
  • Rot B: Axi E1 (5.26%)
  • Rot C: Axi E1 (7.04%)

'Hard' defense missions:

• Neptune, Proteus
  • Pluto, Outer Terminus
  • Eris, Kala-azar
  • Sedna, Hydron
  • Void, Belenus
  • Lua, Stöfler
  • Kuva Fortress, Tamu

2 hours ago, Krumplifej said:

Everybody knows that the new system has added more grind

Many people think that the new system has added more grind, but they're wrong, as I stated in my earlier post in this thread...

16 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

So I ran some numbers of the old (pre-SotR) void key system vs the current relic system and the results were interesting.

I'll save the full analysis for another thread, but the TL;DR is that you get prime parts quicker with relics (4.5 hours vs 6 hours), but you got more endo/ducats per hour while you're doing it with void keys.

Those numbers include everything from start to finish, farming void keys, relics, void traces and the prime parts.

It will always look like a grind when new relics come out mainly because it is a grind due to the fact that we do not have any yet. That being said I look at it like a long road trip. Going there seems to take forever to get to the spot of choice. You have a bit of fun and when you leave it seems to be a quicker drive home.

It only seems harder because you want it so badly but in the end its just like the old days key farming.

My goal is simple try and get 1 of each key a day average. In the end of the vault process I hope to have 25-30 if each to use when I please

I think another reason the relic system may feel more grindy is that the work is very front-loaded.

It takes a while to acquire a stock of the new relics and you're thinking "Ugh, I've done all this work and not even run a fissure mission for the part I want yet.", not realizing that most of the work is now behind you and the final step of getting the part you're after will be quick by comparison.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I think another reason the relic system may feel more grindy is that the work is very front-loaded.

It takes a while to acquire a stock of the new relics and you're thinking "Ugh, I've done all this work and not even run a fissure mission for the part I want yet.", not realizing that most of the work is now behind you and the final step of getting the part you're after will be quick by comparison.

This could be very well the reason.

Also, could you link your detailed analysis you mentioned in your other post? I'm interested in it. (Haven't done one myself, because I don't have much data on the old system, like drop chance % values. I could do one with assuming everything had the same chance to drop, but it would be pointless, because forma was way more common in C rotations than anything else)

7 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

This could be very well the reason.

Also, could you link your detailed analysis you mentioned in your other post? I'm interested in it. (Haven't done one myself, because I don't have much data on the old system, like drop chance % values. I could do one with assuming everything had the same chance to drop, but it would be pointless, because forma was way more common in C rotations than anything else)

Sure, I'll throw a post up later today once I've turned my messy workings into something that others will be able to make sense of.

On a totally unrelated topic *cough* *cough* you can look at previous commits in a GitHub project to see what the files were at any point in time.

On 07/12/2016 at 6:31 PM, Colin248 said:

just gona point this out, according too the relic page itself in the codex, it doesnt drop from heircon. it drops from high tier survival missions.... i do not see any defence, excavation or interception nodes listed under the E1 relic drop locations...

It does say hieracon in the codex for axi e1,i got one from ODS.

Seriously.... 4 players on Hieracon, seasoned players, two drills at same time, 2400 cryo before extraction.
Over 50,000 cryo so far, not a single Axi E1.

I don't know if it's a PS4 problem, but RNG needs a piety counter.
I don't want a sure drop, not asking for that, but you cannot let people ruin their life over grinding.
You should be rewarded for staying in missions for a long time, like double drops for one excavator after 2400 or things like that.

Edited by (PS4)VanHorstmann90

I'm coming up on about 16 hours of farming and so far have found one e1 key.   Done all the missions, hard defense, intercept, survivals at the appropriate levels,  I suspect that they weighted the drop % to make it rarer then just a straight percentage of the reward table at rot C.

On 09/12/2016 at 10:09 AM, ChuckMaverick said:

Many people think that the new system has added more grind, but they're wrong, as I stated in my earlier post in this thread...

Well i think your wrong the old way was less grind and you got ducats and this way is a lot more grind and get no ducats.

i did 20 runs on belenus and got zero Axi e1,only got 1 in 4 solid days of grind.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Trust him its 100% equal all over the place. I also have knowledge of this.

Can you share that knowledge?

All i got to go on is a random stranger asking me to trust another random stranger?

you can see why that don't hold no weight with me.

not saying you or him are wrong either.

2 minutes ago, _sheepy_ said:

Can you share that knowledge?

All i got to go on is a random stranger asking me to trust another random stranger?

you can see why that don't hold no weight with me.

not saying you or him are wrong either.

I don't know the history of it, I imagine it's to do with keeping new and future content spoiler free as long as possible, but it's not allowed to discuss the source of this information directly on the forum.

It's not hard to find if you look for it.

9 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I don't know the history of it, I imagine it's to do with keeping new and future content spoiler free as long as possible, but it's not allowed to discuss the source of this information directly on the forum.

It's not hard to find if you look for it.

I have,yet to find any i trust.

On 09/12/2016 at 0:34 PM, (Xbox One)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

It will always look like a grind when new relics come out mainly because it is a grind due to the fact that we do not have any yet. That being said I look at it like a long road trip. Going there seems to take forever to get to the spot of choice. You have a bit of fun and when you leave it seems to be a quicker drive home.

It only seems harder because you want it so badly but in the end its just like the old days key farming.

My goal is simple try and get 1 of each key a day average. In the end of the vault process I hope to have 25-30 if each to use when I please

It is not like the old days key farming at all.i had 3.5k of them so i do know.

I do think your go for a drive story is beautiful but we all know the hard work is the relic.

Edited by _sheepy_

4 hours ago, Kyronz said:

I'm coming up on about 16 hours of farming and so far have found one e1 key.   Done all the missions, hard defense, intercept, survivals at the appropriate levels,  I suspect that they weighted the drop % to make it rarer then just a straight percentage of the reward table at rot C.

I did find one but that was on about 32 hours of grind.got it on ODS in the end.

Run ODS 3 more times got zero.

If I'm in a rush to get the new Relics, I pretty much always use Syndicate standing. Guaranteed at least one rare Relic for just 20k standing, and most of them so far this month have been for the unvaulted stuff.

I haven't picked up anything super lucrative yet from opening the Relics, but I've only been hunting casually for like two days off-and-on, and we have a whole month to grab the stuff.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

I have the most trouble looking for meso relics because nobody wants to run missions for them ever..? Loads of people farming Axi relics.

meso f2,jupiter IO Dops at A,B so 10 waves and exit.

That's on PC.

Edited by _sheepy_