The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the new stealth system be able to detect invisible frames under certain situations?

Kronxito

I do think there should be certain units that do balance the huge advantage invisibility gives to stealth. But instead of instantly seeing you, I think they should go into a "semi-alert" state (with some distinctive line or sound) in which you have to hide before they realize you're there.

Example: if you pass through the field of view of a hyekka while invisible, it growls and paws at the air. If you remain in its field of view for 2 seconds, it will be alerted and attack you, alerting its master as well.

What "new stealth system"?

As far as I know, there's only the wishful thinking of the playerbase. I haven't heard anything official about touching stealth in the near future.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Well the act of bumping into unalerted enemies makes them look around and unsilenced weapon fire will also have them inspect the area the sound was from regardless of invisibility. I heard DE has plans to redo the system but it's low on the list.

I kinda like the current system.. though I think a running invisible Warframe should have some sound and any heavy landing would certainly have my attention.. I would guess a Warframe weighs about 200-300 pounds.. (depending on the frame. Rhino could be an easy 350) Who could ignore that thud?

they recently redid the enemy alert system....

What's the point in stealth if it's not stealthy.... most enemies have some sort of sensor that detects loki etc and it's only ivara (which is 'harder' to get) that can go through lasers etc with the augment. 

9 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

I kinda like the current system.. though I think a running invisible Warframe should have some sound and any heavy landing would certainly have my attention

Well, it seems things are going that way: scratch a melee weapon on the wall, they will hear it and become semi-alerted.

Invisibility should only go so far, the following changes would help with this IMO:

- seeing an Arrow whizz past them would alert an enemy immediately.

- Hyekkas and Drahks being able to smell a Tenno and alert their masters.

- getting too close to an enemy while invisible gives them the sense of "I'm not alone", and makes them semi-alert and scanning for threats.

- bumping into an enemy (semi-alert).

- Seekers, with their advanced Optics should be able to see glimmers of invisible frames and act accordingly. Seekers would become a more important foe, particularly on stealth missions.

- observing deactivated security systems (destroyed Sensor Bars, missing cameras etc.), and going semi-alert.

while semi-alert, an enemy will raise their weapon and scan for threats, and ask others to do the same. if a Tenno stays away from them for a short while (about 10 seconds), they will go back to being unalert, but if they are provoked somehow (damaged, touched or they see Hyekkas/Drahk acting up), they become alert and will take a shot if they get one. they may also be more likely to raise the alarm if they cannot see you and call for backup.

just my ideas, even though I actually don't like stealth that much. I think we're an awfully long way off from any major rework of the stealth system though (if we even have one), so anything's worth considering for now.

1 hour ago, Night4ce said:

Well the act of bumping into unalerted enemies makes them look around and unsilenced weapon fire will also have them inspect the area the sound was from regardless of invisibility. I heard DE has plans to redo the system but it's low on the list.

I kinda like the current system.. though I think a running invisible Warframe should have some sound and any heavy landing would certainly have my attention.. I would guess a Warframe weighs about 200-300 pounds.. (depending on the frame. Rhino could be an easy 350) Who could ignore that thud?

operators (and by extension their warframes) are trained to move silently/as silently as possible. the ambient noises of every single tileset also drowns out a lot of sound cues for the enemy

15 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Invisibility should only go so far, the following changes would help with this IMO:

- getting too close to an enemy while invisible gives them the sense of "I'm not alone", and makes them semi-alert and scanning for threats.

- Seekers, with their advanced Optics should be able to see glimmers of invisible frames and act accordingly. Seekers would become a more important foe, particularly on stealth missions.

- observing deactivated security systems (destroyed Sensor Bars, missing cameras etc.), and going semi-alert.

while semi-alert, an enemy will raise their weapon and scan for threats, and ask others to do the same. if a Tenno stays away from them for a short while (about 10 seconds), they will go back to being unalert, but if they are provoked somehow (damaged, touched or they see Hyekkas/Drahk acting up), they become alert and will take a shot if they get one. they may also be more likely to raise the alarm if they cannot see you and call for backup.

just my ideas, even though I actually don't like stealth that much. I think we're an awfully long way off from any major rework of the stealth system though (if we even have one), so anything's worth considering for now.

it's already a lot more difficult to run missions for stealth multiplier than ever before, and you want to basically kill it out entirely?

implementing even half of those would just make stealth multiplier kills impossible to accumulate

just pretend that, in the lore, if an enemy raised an alarm while just being "suspicious" they'll get punished by their bosses

46 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

From the wiki...

• Hyekka Masters have highly sophisticated sensors that allow them to hunt and tame Feral Kavat, which have natural invisibility. As such, they are capable of detecting enemies with stealth, adding a further danger to some missions.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

This already happens.

Ok, then stealth will stay as it is today. Its good but.... I cannot avoid thinking loki, ivara and ash are so cheesy while invisible with no way of turning visible by an enemy sensor or something.

In contrapart, they have to keep avoiding random bullets and control their position for not getting 1shooted.

I think its ok.

Edited by ArionLightning

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Screw. That.

Keeping a stealth combo going right now is virtually impossible anyway because enemies spawn in groups and have unpredictable pathing and spawning.  You basically NEED an invisible frame in order to actually stealth through a spy mission.  Your changes would just make it basically impossible for any frame to stealth.  the current mechanics make it pretty damn tough for non invisible frames anyway.

This isn't MGS.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think these are some nice ideas. But, simultaneously DE has to make dynamic paths that enemies follow if they aren't alerted or semi-alerted (like in MGS games). 
Now, if something alerts them a bit, they can use other paths or they can agroup to avoid being killed one by one. 
Also, if for example you alert just one enemy, but he has his allies close to him, he can ask for cover while he investigate what draw his atention. If he gets killed while being covered, his allies will inmediatly raise the alarms. (that would be pretty nice IMO)
Or during post alert phases (they know you are there, but they don't know where). They should try to bait you by using decoys, baits, calling hyekka masters or seekers (these little balls could be proximity scanners), etc... 
What I said + what you said, could make stealth really fun and viable.
Also, I think as enemy respawns and pathing will be compatible with stealth gameplay, invisible frames should get their cloacks broken if they shoot their guns, and if they get too close to a semi-alerted enemies, they will call for nearby reinforcements to search for him.