Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo survival extraction is still sorely desired

AdunSaveMe

In defense and interception, players can leave on their own. In survival, they can't, and there's no reason to keep this limitation. If someone wants or needs to go they either abort or wait for everyone else to end the mission with them. This sucks for everyone; either the person who wants to leave doesn't get to, or the people who don't want to leave have to.

Allow solitary extraction from survival. Add a timer and a notification for other players when you stand on the exit point so you don't disappear suddenly, like "AdunSaveMe is extracting in 20 seconds". Anyone who wants to stay will know you've gone, anyone who wants to join you can do so. Everyone wins.

The arguments about ditching teams are pretty irrelevant considering the option to do so exists in other mission types.

20 seconds is often not enough for running from one end of the map to another on huge survivals/excavations maps. If host will want to leave he will potentially crash everyone with host migration. If you are far enough from him you won't be able to do anything.

Edited by ograzzt

Just now, ograzzt said:

20 seconds is often not enough for running from one end of the map to another on huge survivals/excavation maps. If host will want to leave he will potentially crash everyone with host migration.

None of these are reasons not to implement solo extraction, despite being valid points.

4 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

20 seconds is often not enough for running from one end of the map to another on huge survivals/excavations maps. If host will want to leave he will potentially crash everyone with host migration. If you are far enough from him you won't be able to do anything.

Host migration once host leaves maybe?

I'm pretty sure that's what happens in interception and defense (I think, educate me pls)

I'm ok with this. Luckily I don't have an issue with everyone wanting to leave at different times tooo often. But I would be lying if I said I'd never had cases where I want to stick around and, without even a word in chat, before I know it the entire teams at extraction and I'm getting the extraction count down.

As for the issue brought up of host migrations etc. thats more of a reason for DE to work on fixing host migrations. Besides, you can leave your team hanging in every other type of endless and still have the same issues with the host bailing on a def causing everything to go wonky. Its no different.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

7 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Host migration once host leaves maybe?

I'm pretty sure that's what happens in interception and defense (I think, educate me pls)

You're correct. It triggers a host migration. It would be no different here.

The bugs with host migration are a separate issue entirely.

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You're correct. It triggers a host migration. It would be no different here.

The bugs with host migration are a separate issue entirely.

The difference is you can see host leaving in defense/interception and can react. In survival or excavation you often can't.

None of these are reasons not to implement solo extraction, despite being valid points.

I never said it shouldn't be implemented. But doing this so straightforward will give us only more problems.

9 hours ago, ograzzt said:

The difference is you can see host leaving in defense/interception and can react. In survival or excavation you often can't.

I never said it shouldn't be implemented. But doing this so straightforward will give us only more problems.

Barely any problems at all. Minor problems at best that would rarely even be problems.

8 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Barely any problems at all. Minor problems at best that would rarely even be problems.

I think unexpected losing of my and other players progress for half hour or more is a serious problem.

"Time stop" like on fissure endless missions and asking for stay or leave after completing full single rotation (20 minutes/20 waves/4 drills/4 rounds) could be better solution. But this is still far from perfect solution.

Edited by ograzzt

3 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

I think unexpected losing of my and other players progress for half hour or more is a serious problem.

Which doesn't happen all the time. Still not enough of a reason not to implement it. Especially since it affects multiple game modes, and is its own problem that needs to be fixed, and isn't limited to just extractions.

I strongly support this. 
As someone with unstable net I hate telling a strong squad to pls extract at 30 so I don't drop and maybe lose everything. 
Also people have lives, with things happening. More flexibility = good.
+1

Think it needed done.   But, the timer needs extended well beyond 30 sec, more like a minute at least.  And it needs made obvious which player is leaving.    Not just an announcement but all have the players name flash or something.    As text in game, esp if in an intense fight tends to get ignored.    As generally on other missions, the host stays, I stay.   But if the host leaves, I leave.    A few times losing your progress due to a messed up host transfer is more than enough reason.  

4 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Think it needed done.   But, the timer needs extended well beyond 30 sec, more like a minute at least.  And it needs made obvious which player is leaving.    Not just an announcement but all have the players name flash or something.    As text in game, esp if in an intense fight tends to get ignored.    As generally on other missions, the host stays, I stay.   But if the host leaves, I leave.    A few times losing your progress due to a messed up host transfer is more than enough reason.  

It's pretty simple. It just needs to display which player is leaving, and how long they have left. This can be done in a few ways but the message at the top-middle of the screen (used for objective warnings and extract counts) would be best. It's not easily ignored, even in big fights. It is VERY obvious when that text is on your screen.

The timer should be at most 45 seconds. That gives people plenty of warning. They don't have to get to extraction in that time, because they don't all have to leave together. It gives you time to start going there, and you can leave if you want, whether you get there in that time or not.

Host migrations are a separate issue to be addressed separately, and therefore do not make solo extraction an idea worth ignoring.

It's pretty simple. It just needs to display which player is leaving, and how long they have left. This can be done in a few ways but the message at the top-middle of the screen (used for objective warnings and extract counts) would be best. It's not easily ignored, even in big fights. It is VERY obvious when that text is on your screen.

The timer should be at most 45 seconds. That gives people plenty of warning. They don't have to get to extraction in that time, because they don't all have to leave together. It gives you time to start going there, and you can leave if you want, whether you get there in that time or not.

Host migrations are a separate issue to be addressed separately, and therefore do not make solo extraction an idea worth ignoring.

I agree solo extractions as needed.   Disagree that that its a separate issue with migration as solo leaving can be a cause if its the host leaving.   As long as plenty of time is given, and I think it needs to be a minute,  and the warnings are very obvious, great!.   If it is the host leaving and he doesn't tell anyone,  I want plenty of time to head all the way across the map to leave as well.   I don't think its worth ignoring, like the idea alot.    Its a needed change. 

This had been asked for since the first day that survival was added to the game.

Host migrations have gotten a lot better and I would love to see this implemented for survival missions. 

While we are at it can we get solo extraction for excavation as well? 

Edited by Drasiel
My nemesis phone autocorrect

On 12/9/2016 at 1:36 PM, ograzzt said:

So trigger the same screen as defense missions and pause the survival like endless. Whenever someone extracts bring up the screen and you get 10 seconds to stay or join them in leaving. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, Shockwave- said:

So trigger the same screen as defense missions and pause the survival like endless. Whenever someone extracts bring up the screen and you get 10 seconds to stay or join them in leaving. Problem solved.

On 10.12.2016 at 3:16 PM, ograzzt said:

"Time stop" like on fissure endless missions and asking for stay or leave after completing full single rotation (20 minutes/20 waves/4 drills/4 rounds) could be better solution. But this is still far from perfect solution.

Still I don't really fan of these pauses all the time. It ruins flow of the game. That's why I suggested  only offer leave/stay screen after each full rotation. But I'm sure many people won't be happy with this too.

Maybe this screen should appear when someone (especially host) standing on extraction tile for a whole minute. Yeah, I guess it's the best solution I can think of for now