Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus discussion Post Devstream 84

Domesticon

1 minute ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

why would you even post anything after these words

or even make this thread

Because I have always wanted an infested frame and i'm pretty disappointed at how he is right now.  And to be 100% honest I would've rather they went with a different direction.  I forget which community themed had the idea where you consumed enemies and had different effects based on that.  This idea isn't "bad" it's just nothing new especially since inaros exists.  Anyway.  I decided to try and buff DE's idea.

3 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

why would you even post anything after these words

or even make this thread

Agreed.

OP, Just because you said that, that doesn't mean it's not true...

When it comes live then we could make a review on it, you're basically reviewing something that will most likely change from what we've seen in the devstream to the release

1 minute ago, ViS4GE said:

Seems like another CC frame, just like Titania. There is no way dmg part of his abilities will have any scaling, so people will be forced to go with range and duration. I don't really see much use for him, but we will see.

I don't see him adding anything to a team.  at least inaros can give health to allies (though many don't spec for it) Seems like he's another wukong or chroma.  a solo frame.

Just now, Dopey said:

Agreed.

OP, Just because you said that, that doesn't mean it's not true...

When it comes live then we could make a review on it, you're basically reviewing something that will most likely change from what we've seen in the devstream to the release

exactly.  And how is DE going to know where to change him if not from the community?  I'm not expecting DE to take my ideas directly or that my solutions are best.  I believe I mentioned that.  I don't think it matters when I post my opinion.  Or for that matter when anyone posts theres.  I'd rather make sure he comes out of the gate strong but perhaps needing some tweaks rather than them releasing a weak frame and then waiting for them to maybe get to it in a reasonable time.  If you've got a problem with my impressions then you can simply ignore them.  Or offer feedback on how to change my ideas.  But this kind of reply serves nothing constructive.  So best not to post it.

38 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I guess Rage, Quick Thinking (optional) and Primed Flow would allow him to tether himself to enemies more often, increasing his survivability immensely.

Rejuvenation would speed up his health regen, aswell.

Possible build from my perspective:

Hide contents

Rejuvenation, and some Exilus mod if you can fit it.

Vigor (can be swapped for Quick Thinking or something else based on preferences), Rage, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity,

Vitality, Intensify, Stretch, and Streamline.

You may be wondering why I don't put Armour mods in my builds. That's because there's no room for them.

Great idea with rage. Opens some build possibility to make efficiency a dump stat and boost other ones.

Edit. With that I only hope his 1 will refund energy based on% spent rather than flat amount. If it's flat number this will hurt 

Edited by Whit3Powd3R

4 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Only thing I'll say is that the skills they listed for him sound rather.. disappointing, I guess I had different expectations from an infested frame.

I feel the same, I fail to understand his ultimate's purpose: it's extremely slow, has low range compared to other CC ultimates and deals insignificant amounts of damage.

His 2 is supposed to be animated with tentacles/tendrils though. If it was any faster it would look silly.

His 4 is pretty weak tbh. It needs 4 stacks of his special mechanic and with 145% range and 130% strength it was puny and doing nothing to level 15 enemies. Looks like he's meant to be a CC frame though so the dmg could stay but the range definitely needs to be increased.

50 minutes ago, Whit3Powd3R said:

I would hold on with armor mods. 

Why? 

In devstream Rebecca fought with low lvl mobs and Nidus health dropped pretty fast in some situations. I think he won't have much armor sadly :(

They did say his armor wasn't properly implemented yet and his stats were still in development. (About 80% of Nidus was shown meaning 20% is left to even complete)

2 minutes ago, Biter. said:

His 2 is supposed to be animated with tentacles/tendrils though. If it was any faster it would look silly.

His 4 is pretty weak tbh. It needs 4 stacks of his special mechanic and with 145% range and 130% strength it was puny and doing nothing to level 15 enemies. Looks like he's meant to be a CC frame though so the dmg could stay but the range definitely needs to be increased.

I don't know how to do it.  I just want it to feel smoother.

1 minute ago, Whit3Powd3R said:

Dunno if it was posted here alread.

But make his 1 refund energy based on % energy spent. And give it a life steal.not a high number I.e 0.3% of dmg done.

the second part is in my ability change.  not worded the same way but the effect.

I'm not one for jumping to conclusions. However, from what we saw on stream, he seems relatively unimaginative as far as frame design/power selection goes. Honestly, had they chosen Typhus as the template rather than going off on a tangent, he would undoubtedly be a much more intriguing frame. His appearance is fine I suppose. His powers seem meh at best. His synergy is there, but the powers simply don't cohesively fit the theme. And lastly, he seems rather lonesome in terms of true usefulness in a group setting. To sum it up, he's just not appealing as I previously assumed he would be. And yes, I know the eyes can be fooled but not the hands. Even so........why is he so, plain?

Edited by (PS4)KikoEschobar

41 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Inb4 "we haven't played him yet" comments.

glad you got inb4 this but that's pretty much all there is.  He was about 80% finished when they previewed him last night.  There is still ample time for them to change things you saw on the stream.  You are suggesting reworks to ideas that aren't even concrete yet.

So yeah, just wait.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)KikoEschobar said:

I'm not one for jumping to conclusions. However, from what we saw on stream, he seems relatively unimaginative as far as frame design/power selection goes. Honestly, had they chosen Typhus as the template rather than going off on a tangent, he would undoubtedly be a much more intriguing frame. His appearance is fine I suppose. His powers seem meh at best. His synergy is there, but the powers simply don't cohesively fit the theme. And lastly, he seems rather lonesome in terms of true usefulness in a group setting. To sum it up, he's just not appealing as I previously assumed he would be. And yes, I know the eyes can be fooled but not the hands. Even so........why is he so, plain?

yeah.  That's why I preposed changes.  But even with my changes he's not going to be a team frame.

6 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

It sounds like you genuinely want some constructive discussion going on here, but that title, coupled with your first sentence, really attracts the wrong kind of attention in that regard...

If people really cared about what I had to say they would look past that and offer feedback on what matters.  which is my ideas.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

glad you got inb4 this but that's pretty much all there is.  He was about 80% finished when they previewed him last night.  There is still ample time for them to change things you saw on the stream.  You are suggesting reworks to ideas that aren't even concrete yet.

So yeah, just wait.

Nah.  I'm going to give feedback.  If you don't like it don't reply.

30 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

exactly.  And how is DE going to know where to change him if not from the community?  I'm not expecting DE to take my ideas directly or that my solutions are best.  I believe I mentioned that.  I don't think it matters when I post my opinion.  Or for that matter when anyone posts theres.  I'd rather make sure he comes out of the gate strong but perhaps needing some tweaks rather than them releasing a weak frame and then waiting for them to maybe get to it in a reasonable time.  If you've got a problem with my impressions then you can simply ignore them.  Or offer feedback on how to change my ideas.  But this kind of reply serves nothing constructive.  So best not to post it.

1.He hasn't been released yet, and as I said, he is most likely bound to change before his official release.

2. you're in Xbox, you will receive him far later than his PC Release. 

Honestly I Don't have to suplly a "Constructive comment" just to express my opinion.

Just now, Dopey said:

1.He hasn't been released yet, and as I said, he is most likely bound to change before his official release.

2. you're in Xbox, you will receive him far later than his PC Release. 

Honestly I Don't have to suplly a "Constructive comment" just to express my opinion.

1) which doesn't change what you quoted.  Already explained why i'm offering feedback now.

2) and? are you saying people who play on console are not allowed to give feedback? we're all in the same community.  all feedback is equally important so long as it's constructive.

No you don't have to.  but it will prevent me from replying to you after this post.  The point of my thread is to discuss how people currently feel about him and my suggestions.  Not a place for you or others to discuss wether I should be posting iany feedback at all.  If that's all you're going to offer than i'm not going to reply.  You can do the same thing i'm about to do.  Ignore and move on.