Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking Shuriken or Fatal Teleport ?

Col_Helghan

Question

Tenno,

Once more I need your aid. I never was a Bladestorm spammer even before the rework, I know players have to play more actively if they want to use it.

So, there´s them and there´s me. :crylaugh:

Which of the two mentioned mods are better and why ? Can they both be used at the same time and if so, how would you mod Ash given how you are only left with 6 slots, and and exilus slot.

If not, which mod are you using and why ?

I have tested both mods. both seem great, albeit Fatal Teleport is a bit clunky but nonetheless a great mod.

Fatal Teleport one shots everything, I am using Nikana Prime, no need for daggers or covert lethality. Single target only and a bit slow for me.

Seeking Shuriken, hits two targets, with Power Strength for me being at 155 %, it completely strips enemy armor ( I know 145 % is enough for 100 % armor removal ), once the armor is gone, my Dread usually one shots everything regardless of level.

Here is the dilemma, I am using Duration build for invisibility. I really, really like Seeking Shuriken, I am just conflicted on which one to use. Ideally I´d be using both mods but that´s not possible, or is it.

13 answers to this question

I'd say Fatal Teleport. Seeking Shuriken is more for reducing armor for your gun, when Fatal Teleport is just a press 3 and die ability. Plus, Teleport is cheap, and the augment refunds energy. With full efficiency and energy siphon, you very nearly get to cast it for free if you have a long finisher animation.

Edited by R34LM

9 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

If you frequently play against grineer and don't use Corrosive Projection for whatever reason use Seeking Shuriken, if anything else then use Fatal Teleport

Most of the time, yeah. I avoid Corpus like a plague with all their gimmicks and cheese through the Infested. I usually play solo, or with random people and surprisingly most of the time none of them has CP. If I do use it, it´s not enough. 

6 minutes ago, R34LM said:

I'd say Fatal Teleport. Seeking Shuriken is more for reducing armor for your gun, when Fatal Teleport is just a press 3 and die ability. Plus, Teleport is cheap, and the augment refunds energy. With full efficiency and energy siphon, you very nearly get to cast it for free if you have a long finisher animation.

I am more oriented on a melee build with Nikana P with Body Count and Blood Rush, just getting the combo higher as much as possible in long survivals. Until the higher enemy units ( mostly Grineer ) start posing a problem with their armor, without armor, no matter the level, everything falls.

Both are great mods IMHO just don´t see which shines more. So far from the answers, Seeking Shuriken is more for Grineer and Fatal Teleport is universal.

If I had to choose between either of them I would usually go with fatal teleport. I don't use shuriken that often anyway and usually you might aswell use teleport if you had the chancce to use shuriken, because it just kills the target. Seeking shuriken I would consider more a fun/ niche mod.

I do actually use both on my ash most of the time.
I got vitality + steel fiber for defense.
The 2 augments.
Primed continuity and constitution for duration.
Intensify and power drift to get enough str, so seeking shuriken removes all the armor.
And then fleeting expertise for efficiency.

Smoke screen is only at 9.84 sec. For me that's not a problem, because I don't spam it all the time.
I also use zenurik and I got it maxed out, so it gives me 4 energy/s and I got the CD reduced as much as possible. Without at least some energy regen from zenurik this might not work as well.

Fatal Teleport if you generally use Melee more than your guns while playing Ash.
Seeking Shuriken if you don't.

Edit:

looks like you are generally using Melee... in a setup where both of these Augments are basically irrelevant within working Level Ranges of the game.

so neither is useful to you unless you randomly decide to play Solo Survival for a few hours!

Edited by taiiat

Fatal Teleport is nice but it is a "Quality of Life" mod for the most part. 

You can already (Teleport)+(press "E"-to-stab) mobs without it and they'll die just the same. What it does is -take care of the "press E" for you and -give you some of the energy back. Which is nice. But some mobs have animation issues using it too, it used to be really bad if they were on uneven ground, especially Stairs. (I think this has been mostly fixed...?)

Seeking Shuriken removes Armor. That's not an ability Ash already has that would simply require an extra button push without the mod, it just does't happen without the mod.

If you're feeling frisky you could set up your A build with Seeking Shuriken to use against Grineer and Corrupted and set up your B build for Fatal and just see how you feel about it all when you're playing. 

I think Seeking is more Group Friendly since removing armor helps your allies too.  But then you could consider running 4xCP anyhow and not even need to do that at all.

If that's the case I actually find Smoke Screen/Smoke Shadow to be pretty handy. I've managed to have a moment of cool where me and a friend were in a hallway and I saw a Bombard launch a rocket at one of us. So I popped Smoke Shadow on us both and we just watched the rocket fly on by, haha

Fatal Teleport is far superior.

By the time Seeking Shuriken is worth the cast time to strip armor instead of simply shooting; you can just Fatal Teleport heavies and shoot the rest. I mean. You want Seeking for the armored Heavies right? So why add an extra step + ammo. Just kill them.

It does have a little more group value than Fatal Teleport but Ash isn't exactly a team player either way.

You don't usually want to 100% strip armor from an enemy with Seeking Shuriken. It will cause their health type to change which means you end up with a mix or Corrosive/Rad+ and Viral+ enemies. You can either leave it at rank2 or stay under 145 Power Strength. Ideally you just want to strip about 90% of their armor.

Thank you guys for your feedback, much appreciated.

I decided to play a wildcard, mostly for solo survivals up to two hours, and vs Grineer exclusively where my weapons do squat due to armor scaling.

I built my Ash for duration for his invisibility, incorporated both augment mods at the same, I know it´s uncommon for someone to do that. Works so far.

Normally I would just use Fatal Teleport but chose to add Seeking Shuriken for some teamplay too. Thanks once again everyone. :thumbup::highfive:

38 minutes ago, Zealotux said:

Thank you guys for your feedback, much appreciated.

I decided to play a wildcard, mostly for solo survivals up to two hours, and vs Grineer exclusively where my weapons do squat due to armor scaling.

I built my Ash for duration for his invisibility, incorporated both augment mods at the same, I know it´s uncommon for someone to do that. Works so far.

Normally I would just use Fatal Teleport but chose to add Seeking Shuriken for some teamplay too. Thanks once again everyone. :thumbup::highfive:

Do you happen to use Pure physical melee? It happens to work esp well with Ash. Esp If you have Madurai IPS passives.

It's the reason Seeking Shuriken is mostly a team mod.

Dread with a %Status Riven works well as pure physical. Dread can one shot a lvl 140 Napalm with full armor up using Madurai.

Spoiler

i was on the fence myself

i did 3 hours of simulacron testing and my build that survived was a fatal teleport one

mainly as it helped be take out what i call "priority" targets

instead of nuking mobs i used FT to focus on the nasty heavies and one shot them

then BS to take out the mobs or weaken them down fast 1 -2 marks then venka claw then to death inseconds :D 

-using venka prime for that combo counter buff btw helps -