Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hand Grenades

Aridum

The Corpus and Grineer have hand grenades. The Grineer have a grenade launcher, The Corpus have a REMOTE DETONATED Grenade launcher. What do we have... we have shurikens that have an 80% chance to explode (Yeah, I know that's cool but I'm trying to prove a point!). WHY ARE WE MISSING OUT!? We need a Tenno grenade launcher and a hand held grenade. It only makes sense.

We talked about this before DE stated they wont do it.

EDIT: just to clarify DE said they wont bring back grenades as we had them before. Penta/Zarr or even Anstrum totaly fits in grenade launcher but we wont get any gear consumable grenade as said by DE ( still they can change their mind ).

Edited by trunks013

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I don't what DE you're talking about, but after watching 80 dev streams in the past 3 years I've never heard the word "never" uttered by the devs. 

I can fetch you that give me little more time.

It ended up with reaction like this 

7 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

I can fetch you that give me little more time.

It ended up with reaction like this 

I might need to read through it carefully, but at first glance I didn't see any DE staff posting in the threads not to mention devs. 

3 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

They have specifically stated that they won't happen. Forgot which devstream though...

But we have grenade launchers and explosive thrown weaponry. I don't get what you're asking for?

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I might need to read through it carefully, but at first glance I didn't see any DE staff posting in the threads not to mention devs. 

But we have grenade launchers and explosive thrown weaponry. I don't get what you're asking for?

Let me make it short for you then ^.^ 

" Ok, i heard Scott say this multiple times: "Grenades are not in the game because powers already serve the purpose of grenades." "

It was mentioned by DE i jsut cannot pin point you when. I told you its brigning reaction like this thread not that this thread was official.

You watched Devstream during 3 years and you can tell me you didn't saw any reference to this ever ?

Man i missed the whole first year for personal reason and this rings me an bell. Let me find it for you ^.^ 

GOT IT !

We actualy Had grenade in the past i remember tenno talking about that. They HAVE BEEN REMOVED !

at 43:06

And they are also talking about a prety cool warframe right there he is called Vauban

Man this things reminds me how long ive been sticking with them ^.^

Edited by trunks013

3 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

We're ninjas, we don't need them. Not to mention we have the Penta, the Tonkor, the Kulstar, the angstrum.....Essentially you're missing out.

I'm not missing out on the other grenade launchers. I'm just saying that would be nice to have a Tenno Grenade Launcher.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

We're ninjas, we don't need them. 

Ninjas... we have robotic super suits that could level an army, swords as tall as its users, machine guns, energy rifles, and space ships that could fly to Pluto from Mercury in under 2 and a half minutes... and we don't need a few grenades!?

18 hours ago, Sensai0203 said:

and we don't need a few grenades!?

What do you want to see in a grenade? What's the definition of a grenade to you?

A grenade is a small bomb typically thrown by hand (Wikipedia).

A bomb is an explosive weapon that uses the exothermic reaction of an explosive material to provide an extremely sudden and violent release of energy (Wikipedia).

The Talons are throwing bombs that stick to targets when thrown, dealing Blast bBlast (aka explosive) damage when manually detonated.

Again...how do we not have grenades in the game? The ones we have might not be the ones you want to see, but we do have them. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

As others have said: DE has said no to hand grenades.
We have abilities that fit the roles of pretty much every hand-grenade type you could think of and it would cause too much contention between powers and grenades.

For instance:
-Why have both flash-bangs and radial blind/prisms explosion effect?  They would be doing the same thing except that in quite a few cases the flashbangs would render the powers pointless.  After all, any frame can now blind every enemy in LoS, they can do it behind cover while Excalibur can't, and they don't have to waste energy to blind all the enemies with an easily spammable gear item.
-Why have both fire grenades and most of embers powers?  Seriously a fire grenade would utterly defeat the purpose of having ember because now you can lob fire grenades from any frame that would replace one or two powers entirely from ember.  And be better with the range and not having to expose yourself to enemy attacks to use them...

The short answer is that for any grenade type that you can think of we have powers and DE doesn't want powers and grenades fighting over the same space.

If you just want pure damage weapons and not grenades like flash-bangs or smoke-bombs, etc:
We have the talons for tenno throwing grenades that deal damage.
We can use the corpus and grineer grenade launchers for more range on grenades.
There really isn't a need for more beyond this as the talons fill the role of tenno damaging grenades.