Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best melee weapon against everything ?

Darkneblade_TR

Question

I have been using dragon nikana lately but since my mods isnt that large i modded at 300 slash 5 puncture and 5 impact damage it doesnt even worth it i was using before that a boltace grineers die within a second but infested and corpus doesnt get too much damage since they are relied on flesh and shield not much armor and i cant use primary and secondary weapons for reason i hate them i can only use them to gain mastery ranks , i can only use melee even for bosses since primary and secondary weapons doesnt drop gore much.So what is the best melee weapon against everything ?

21 answers to this question

Melee lover here. Galatine Prime deals huge damage but is fairly slow. Orthos Prime has huge range but not as many crits. Nikana Prime is a fast crit beast. Boltace/Telos Boltace for the slide attack range. Other than those META Examples you can go for any Melee Weapon imho, they all do enough damage when modded correctly.

But i think the best tip is to just go for Slash Weapons in general. Fang Prime are not as bad, though the Stances arent as great. Glaive Prime if you like thrown Weapons. Dual Kamas Prime for having a really fast crit beast with somewhat good range.

Lesion with the ff (3 forma IIRC, all V's):

- Primed/Pressure Point
- Primed/Reach
- Condition Overload
- Healing Return
- 3x dual stat mods (Elemental damage + Status chance)
- Lasting Sting (Yes, I use this)

Elemental combinations include

- Gas + Cold
- Gas + Elec
- Corrosive + Fire
- And others

Destreza is one of the more reliable all-around picks, since it deals primarily Puncture damage but will force Slash procs as part of its general moveset. Atterax with Relentless Combination is also a purely ridiculous combination, especially with Blood Rush and Maiming Strike.

Destreza has really high puncture damage, which is best against armor, which is the worst scaling thing that affects the enemy's EHP. Built for crit it deals amazing damage, the stance for it is really good as well.

Lesion has an innate effect, built for status reveals it's true strength: if you proc a status affect on an enemy, it becomes faster (like Berserker, but instead of crits, status procs give you a bit of an AS buff) and will deal innate toxin damage. This weapon is basically Slash with a bit of Impact, but if you build a Corrosive + high Status Chance build it will melt everything in your way. I think it's one of the best all-rounder weapons out there.

Honorable mentions:
Bo Prime with status build is great for non-scaling missions
Mios with crit build
Nikana Prime
Venka Prime (this one is special as well, combo counter goes up by 0.75 instead of 0.5 so you can reach higher damage way faster than other melee weapons)
Redeemer with raw damage build, extremely good and fun weapon (with charge attacks)
Secura Lecta (guarantees credit drops and doubles them, good if you need some credits. Also has an incredbly high range)
Teloc Boltace is a fun to use weapon with the special slide-mechanic
Any dagger with Covert Lethality on a stealth mission is quite effective to use
War and Broken War are quite strong weapons, Broken War being the strongest 1-handed sword (I'm really sad that I built War from it and now I can't get it back, ever - but you can get War from a bundle which is quite expensive tbh)
Galatine Prime, Jat Kitty, Scindo Prime, Fragor Prime, Heliocor (NOT the Synoid one) - no words required for these, total destruction

Most of these are my favourite melee weapons currently, I hope you will find the one that suits you the most ^^

12 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Lesion with the ff (3 forma IIRC, all V's):

- Primed/Pressure Point
- Primed/Reach
- Condition Overload
- Healing Return
- 3x dual stat mods (Elemental damage + Status chance)
- Lasting Sting (Yes, I use this)

Elemental combinations include

- Gas + Cold
- Gas + Elec
- Corrosive + Fire
- And others

You should try adding a Drifting Contact instead of that Lasting Sting :)
I know why you are using it, but if you proc more than proc longer, it should be better - probably just the way I see it though

You can keep using your dragon nikana if you want to, its effective against everything if you rely on slash procs, since you say its not helping against infested i assume you are using anti grineer elementals, this is the build i use and is more than enough for the whole game, you must use the combos properly in order to optimize your output, guilding light is very strong.

https://goo.gl/uJrzG1 (+ drifting contact)

Edited by rockscl

ShadowFox's reply here is a good one - a proper Status build Lesion in particular is absolutely devastating. 

Other than that, the only Melee weapons that truly scale are Covert Lethality capable. (daggers) The two caveats being you have to be able to initiate the Stealth finisher 'status' (either by being undetected or 'flashing' the mob) and the other that the mob can't be immune to it in the first place (bosses).

In short there really isn't a one for all melee (or any weapon for that matter). I personally use the Orthos Prime because it suits me. Choose what you enjoy the most.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MarineDawg said:

I keep seeing Ack&Brunt I am going to have to go back and revisit it as I don't remember it being too particularly great.

You need the stance final harbinger to really make sword and boards shine, but in general ack n' brunt is just a great crit weapon.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MarineDawg said:

I keep seeing Ack&Brunt I am going to have to go back and revisit it as I don't remember it being too particularly great.

A BloodRush + Berserker + Primed Reach with Final Harbringer[my favorite Stance in the game]  destroys pretty much everything.Really high attack speed, great range, amazing mobility, it mows down enemies in the coolest fashion there is.  It's almost on par with the Galatine P. 

Edited by aligatorno