Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And there goes another one.

Askell91

So far I've 3211 hrs in the game and whilst that in itself is no big deal it does mean that I've experienced its ebbs and flows. There's less for me to do now and I find that, at times, frustrating, but that's to be expected. I burn out, express my opinion (often uninformed), take a break and come back afresh.

The game is not perfect, if there is such a thing, but neither am I. Relax and take some time for yourself if you're pissed off. It's a game, and when you've experienced life's dramas and tragedy it all pales into insignificance. Like Riko_113 says if you quit don't tell us.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

new parent company

What parent company? And dont say the Chinese chicken company! lol that was a franchise deal NOT a corporate buy out or merger. DE still controls DE. James Schmalz is still the CEO and they still control their own destiny. (I have the direct quote from Mr. Schmalz himself for those that feel the need to argue what they dont understand)

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

44 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

What parent company? And dont say the Chinese chicken company! lol that was a franchise deal NOT a corporate buy out or merger. DE still controls DE. James Schmalz is still the CEO and they still control their own destiny. (I have the direct quote from Mr. Schmalz himself for those that feel the need to argue what they dont understand)

Sorry about that. I must've read incorrect information from other posts. Then the feeling of corporate greed ramping up recently lies entirely with DE and their self-made decisions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still on DE's side. But, on topic with the original post, I'm not obligated to agree with all of their decisions either.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Sorry about that. I must've read incorrect information from other posts. Then the feeling of corporate greed ramping up recently lies entirely with DE and their self-made decisions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still on DE's side. But, on topic with the original post, I'm not obligated to agree with all of their decisions either.

It's DE's decision to inject the game into china to begin with.

No one can be sure that they don't whip DE behind the scene.

9 hours ago, Wevi said:

pretty hard to do that when most of the forums will trip over glass to protect DE's decisions and shutdown anyone with different or better opinions.

Trip?  More like "crawl through broken glass"

That's a huge problem here.  There are many problems with the game.  Most are simply little niggles that differ via opinion.  No big deal.  Some are serious design flaws but when trying to bring those up 10% of the replies are "you're right", 40% are "I LOVE THAT" (because it's new), and 40% are "Bye.  You're a hater.  You're a troll." with some stupid animated gif.  Then the discussion devolves and it's locked.

OH, and I absolutely LOVE when someone replies with "That's just your opinion" as if they just hit some Eureka! moment without realizing it's always someone's opinion.

51 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

It's DE's decision to inject the game into china to begin with.

No one can be sure that they don't whip DE behind the scene.

Actually the guild wars developers arenanet and neverwinters perfect world are developing it for the china market..Arenanet/PW just partnered with the chicken company for working capital. All Warframe did was charge a initial franchise free to use their trademark name, as with any franchise. U gota pay the piper and adhere to DEs guidlines and principles.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

6 hours ago, CrunchyCloud said:

Can anyone show me an example of actual cencorship of valid criticism or complaints?

nope, cuz stuff got deleted and u can't even see it in your profiles log..if something gets censored here there is no personal log; not even a notification...it just gets nullified

43 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

...You're a troll." with some stupid animated gif.  Then the discussion devolves and it's locked...

I know I shouldn't let it, but this bothers me to no end.  People think they're so edgy and clever by copy-pasting someone else's gif/meme/picture they just found with a google search.  It's so childish and does nothing but derail the discussion.

For people who don't understand what white-knighting is, it's generally arguing against complaints that keep coming up with the same empty, substance-less praise that we've seen for the past several years. "DE is great!", "DE listens to it's community more than anyone!", "It's a free to play game" "they don't owe you anything" "don't like it, don't play it"
"It's still in beta".
Throwing in your own personal feelings such as "I think that the riven mod system is wonderful" helps no one. Opinions mean nothing if they don't have reasoning to support them, because then your opinion can't change when exposed to new data. At the very least the people who whine and complain about DE's practices point out exactly what the problems are, WHY they're problems, and often even suggestions on how to fix them.

As far as the actual video goes, it's just more of the same persistent problems that have plagued the game since the beginning, just in different form.

-DE doesn't know how to develop content that's either excruciatingly addictive or defensibly reasonable, and that leads to Warframe's wildly fluctuating player count and frustrated players. Most games solve this by adding content that can be unlocked or built towards day by day, to encourage the player base to keep coming back and dedicate a certain amount of time to the game, but Warframe's content is usually exhausted within actual hours of release.

-DE also doesn't know how to design content that creates regular cost sinks that players WANT to contribute to, instead developing new Prime packs that players can end up paying hundreds of dollars for over time. Not playable content, just cosmetic skins. And once you own that skin, you leave until there's a new one. Once DE adds a game mode that isn't horrendously broken or requires excessive grinding, people will actually play it.

-DE has trouble understanding the difference between what's good for them, and what's good for players. Universal vacuum is just a glimpse into this: it ultimately doesn't hurt anybody, DE spends little resources on implementing it, and players can instead spend time using other sentinals and other pets, instead of what was demonstrably the clearest best option, proven even by DE's released statistics. Yet, they have such a hard time letting go and admitting wrongs, that they instead ultimately nerfed vacuum, and made any sentinal trying to use it need to give up mod space for it. Their solution to an overpopularity problem was to destroy the thing that was popular, rather than to have nonpopular things share the functionality.

-Despite all the anger over relics, I do think it's a good idea. Grinding for them sucks, and unlocking them sucks, and the rng SUCKS, but it's actually a lot healthier for regular player participation as well as getting players to spend money on new content, which is DE's lifeblood. It's absolutely not implemented well at all, but it's still healthier for the game's longevity than the previous void key system. I just wish that DE was more transparent in what the actual chances behind drops were, but due to a new law out of China, we'll probably be seeing those soonish anyway.

-The War Within was bad. Really bad. We all know it, we've all said it. To the white knights: no, it's not good. There is no new life breathed into the game because of TWW. They created a new system, which answers no lore questions, the sole use of which is to handle content that was INTRODUCED with TWW, and that's it. Rather than handle old problems, they invented a new problem, while advertising the fix for said new problem. And that's just terrible. The map is boring once explored, kuva is awful, rivens are awful AND unhealthy, and at the end of the day, the quest we were promised for a year gave us effectively nothing.

6 hours ago, CrunchyCloud said:

Can anyone show me an example of actual cencorship of valid criticism or complaints?

(note: this isn't sarcasm, i'm doing research)

12 minutes ago, kuchn said:

nope, cuz stuff got deleted and u can't even see it in your profiles log..if something gets censored here there is no personal log; not even a notification...it just gets nullified

Exactly.  I had a message pulled about a month ago.  I asked why and was given the boilerplate response of "disrespecting a community member." today.  Funny thing was I don't remember mentioning a community member in the reply.  I was quite harsh about the incredibly poor design of the operator's power gauge.  It's a bad design and it was a stupid decision to not only move from a known place but also to make it difficult to see.  On a 1080p monitor it may be fine, but on a 2560x1600 monitor, the thin triangle outline is almost impossible to see.

Another huge problem is many people here simply can't handle disagreement politely.  I have a opinion.  Someone else has an opinion but they HAVE to prove themselves right and any disagreement with them is being a troll. 

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Actually the guild wars developers arenanet and neverwinters perfect world are developing it for the china market..Arenanet/PW just partnered with the chicken company for working capital. All Warframe did was charge a initial franchise free to use their trademark name, as with any franchise. U gota pay the piper and adhere to DEs guidlines and principles.

If it's kmmo or jmmo imported into a SEA country, a franchise would look like that. China is an exception due to its size and bargaining power. 

I actually speculate that revenue of chinese client might even eclipse the global version. 

22 hours ago, Tizodd said:

It's kind of impossible to show you any examples because they've been censored (deleted).  But I can say from personal experience that I've read/replied to forum posts in the past that have been deleted.

The other thing they do quite often is merge threads to bury them into one-another.  They claim it's to consolidate threads with similar topics however merging threads derails individual discussions...by the time they've all been merged into a mega-thread, the discussions are so mixed up and convoluted that people don't even know where to continue. 

Also, one thread discussing an issue makes the issue seem benign.  Six threads discussing the same issue shows how important the issue is.  Merging threads makes it seem like an issue isn't as widespread is it may be.

Hmm.. haven't thought of that. Sounds pretty horrible if that were true.

18 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Exactly.  I had a message pulled about a month ago.  I asked why and was given the boilerplate response of "disrespecting a community member." today.  Funny thing was I don't remember mentioning a community member in the reply.  I was quite harsh about the incredibly poor design of the operator's power gauge.  It's a bad design and it was a stupid decision to not only move from a known place but also to make it difficult to see.  On a 1080p monitor it may be fine, but on a 2560x1600 monitor, the thin triangle outline is almost impossible to see.

Another huge problem is many people here simply can't handle disagreement politely.  I have a opinion.  Someone else has an opinion but they HAVE to prove themselves right and any disagreement with them is being a troll. 

That sucks, criticism shouldn't be shunned just because it's harsh.

18 hours ago, CrunchyCloud said:

Hmm.. haven't thought of that. Sounds pretty horrible if that were true.

They do that a lot.

18 hours ago, CrunchyCloud said:

That sucks, criticism shouldn't be shunned just because it's harsh.

Oh, and by "harsh", I mean just about what I typed above.  Some of the words were in CAPS, but no cursing.  

38 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

If it's kmmo or jmmo imported into a SEA country, a franchise would look like that. China is an exception due to its size and bargaining power. 

I actually speculate that revenue of chinese client might even eclipse the global version. 

Hmm well keep in mind James Schmalz  the CEO of DE and (the creator of unreal tournament engine and bio shock game) has partners and friendships with many big gaming developers, he has been in the game awhile. Im pretty excited to say the least where this game could be 2 years from now. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Hmm well keep in mind James Schmalz  the CEO of DE and (the creator of unreal tournament engine and bio shock game) has partners and friendships with many big gaming developers, he has been in the game awhile. Im pretty excited to say the least where this game could be 2 years from now. 

I would like to point out that Leyou did in fact buy out the rest of the outstanding stock from DE http://leyoutech.com.hk/acquisition-of-digital-extremes-remaining-share  so they kind of do own them now.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

No other game developer is more transparent, more open, and pays more attention to thier gaming community than DE does. Its a FREE to play game, I never understood the whole melodramatic "im quitting announcement" Its not like u can trade it in for game stop credit. lol The issue is everyone's expectation is unrealistic. WF is always changing and updating. If your burnt out its understandable, take a break, do somthing else, go outside. Its taken me 3 years playing 2-3 hours a day to be able to log on, sortie, LoR, JV, farm kuva, help a few new tenno, log off. That is a amazing accoplishment considering the competition of other AAA titles.  Warframe is a game not a job not a alternate lifestyle, you play it, dont live it.  

I felt the need to quote this post.  I bolded and italicized IMO the most important parts.  It is a game.  A game is a form of entertainment.  When you are done enjoying it, you move on. 

12 hours ago, TrueMoonSlumbers said:
Its really sad to see when one player has legitimate reasons why they're leaving the fanbase.  I think that DE should take a look at what is said here, and give some honest feedback on it.  He brings up good points and points out some things even I've noticed.  Dearest DE, please listen to the fanbase as a whole and at least consider bringing in some of the ideas shown.

Some of his points I agree with.  However, and here is the big problem of his video, once he starts dropping s-bombs and f-bombs, many people will stop listening and most people that disagree with him will use that as a reason to dismiss all of his points.

1 hour ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

I would like to point out that Leyou did in fact buy out the rest of the outstanding stock from DE http://leyoutech.com.hk/acquisition-of-digital-extremes-remaining-share  so they kind of do own them now.

Yeah they own the majority shares in CHINA. NOT IN US or CANADA.

Overall, the issued shares were bought for $73.2 million. As part of the deal, Perfect World has exclusive publishing rights for Warframe on consoles in China.

"We are thrilled with the potential to work with partners who share our philosophy on the future of gaming and how we're approaching it," said James Schmalz, CEO of Digital Extremes, in a statement.

"This partnership will further empower us to continue making Warframe bigger and better with full control over its destiny."

Its a partnership not a buy out. James still is CEO of DE. You can take your tin foil hat off now.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

14 hours ago, Major_Phantom said:

The rework of gear is also something I have to disagree with for the most part cause Excal, Mag, Mesa, Saryn, Frost, Rhino, Vauban, Nekros and Ash as more recent examples had great reworks. Community has a hard time accepting them as DE is trying to get room nuking killed gradually cause it's a co-op game and all 4 players on a team should feel engaged. While critical myself of the changes, I've adapted and enjoyed most if not all reworks made though I agree they're not perfect. I still give credit where it's due and Limbo is getting worked on as we speak. Soon Hydroid, Oberon and Banshee will get primed as well which will cause players to bring DE's attention to their kits as well.

I'm not really singling you out directly, but your post was the first I saw about this.

I genuinely would like know how people think some of these reworks were good? Vauban's rework didn't do anything except give a useless ability more useless abilities on top of it. Sure, Minelayer is entertaining, but it serves no purpose in a mission. Vauban's 2 might as well just make him dance, it would be just as entertaining and useful as Minelayer. Mag's rework pointed her in the right direction, but didn't go nearly far enough. Take any good dps or cc frame into a high level mission and Mag's weakness becomes apparent. Her rework especially failed because she requires you to take specific weapons to make her only good ability (Magnetize) end game viable.

I'm just not seeing how they can be considered good reworks. Eliminating broken and game breaking abilities is fine, as long as the frame still feels powerful and useful at end game. The other frames listed are okay (though I think Saryn suffers the same "must use certain weapons" problem that Mag has).

9 hours ago, TrueMoonSlumbers said:

But If there's one thing I've noticed, DE can terminate your account within their Terms of Service for any reason, you're essentially renting an account instead of owning one.  This is something that's inherently super sketch, I think DE needs to analyze this point and realize how anti-player that is.  

You do know thats a feature of pretty much ANY game that requires you to make an account of any type, right? 

You know what I love? Being called a fan boy because I dare to like the decisions DE makes...

And I am sure that the people who dislike a decision are just blind DE haters... 

Obviously none of us actually like or dislike something, all we care about is protecting/bashing DE. 

I have been entertained by this game for over 2000 hours in game and an unspeakable amount of hours in the Forums, I like the game and in general see DE making good decisions.  If anything it is the community that has had me worrying lately, I believe that DE has become afraid of us to an extent and are unwilling to make certain changes (cough*Damage 3.0*cough) because of fear of major backlash (because we know what is best for the game, right... Right?). 

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Overall, the issued shares were bought for $73.2 million. As part of the deal, Perfect World has exclusive publishing rights for Warframe on consoles in China.

"We are thrilled with the potential to work with partners who share our philosophy on the future of gaming and how we're approaching it," said James Schmalz, CEO of Digital Extremes, in a statement.

"This partnership will further empower us to continue making Warframe bigger and better with full control over its destiny."

Its a partnership not a buy out. James still is CEO of DE. You can take your tin foil hat off now.

so I see you still don't get it and I'm going to have tell you a bit about the stock shares they have bought. while yes the initial purchase was for all of DE's type B shares so they could publish in china however a year later they also bought all of the available common stock shares which do in fact have voting rights in a company. http://games.mxdwn.com/news/leyou-technologies-holdings-purchases-digital-extremes-creators-of-warframe/  now if you bother to read the article this time you'll see that they did indeed buy out DE after after about a year into that "partnership" deal you keep talking about. here's the important bits   "   As several posters have pointed out, Leyou has indeed acquired Digital Extremes, but has only acquired 100% of the Canadian studios’ ‘B-shares,’ which do not grant Leyou voting rights. They did, however, acquire 58% of Digital Extremes’ common shares.  you see that 58% there? that's enough for them to be the majority shareholder A.K.A. the owners. so yes in fact they do have say in what DE does with Warframe, and even if they can't change the game at it's base they sure as hell can say how they make money with it.

oh look it would seem the thread has been buried in off topic so no one else sees it........sigh.

Edited by ProfessorLitmus
spelling

On 12/19/2016 at 1:25 PM, CrunchyCloud said:

(note: this isn't sarcasm, i'm doing research)

there u go..you wanted an example for censorship..my response got edited and the post was merged with another one =)

Edited by kuchn

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

and here's another article that has it pretty clear cut about who owns what http://www.lexpert.ca/article/leyou-technologies-acquires-39-of-digital-extremes-for-us65-million/?p=14|119   now if you still don't get it this means DE has bosses to answer to now and those bosses want money. hell if you go look it up on google you can see that Leyou's parent company sumpo foods has been having a lot of financial trouble with stricter industry regulations so it makes sense that the're going to put the pressure on DE to nickle and dime us as hard as they can.