The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"We Want To Reduce The Grind..."

Prime-Ares

I don't mean to pop the bubble, as I hate the mutagen mass costs of the Hema too; but, DE implied that players should form a clan only party to increase the drops by 4x, which we can assume also means to throw in both a Nekros and Hydroid with their respective augments. 

1 hour ago, vinc120 said:

You sure about that? Because my experience over multiple runs on Eris shows that it takes on average a few hundred kills to even get a single drop even with a Nekros.

eg:

s3tWYlk.jpg

(and that's with my friend playing as Nekros)

This is a full run going up to rotation C on the new infested salvage mission. Nearly a thousand kills with a Nekros on my team and we got a total of 3 Mutagen Samples. Other runs we did showed similar results. You're trying to tell me that at this rate, it will only take a few dozen runs to get the 5000 required mutagen samples?

^ With that image and the absolute perfect conditions of a resource booster, four players in the same clan, and a Nekdroid pair, your clan could get aroun 30 mutagen per run...so 167 runs in total for the research IF you're in a ghost clan, or ~85 runs if you have two squads of four members.

Bottom line, you'd be better off and join a clan that mass recruits cannon fodder, as they have a higher amount of active members to farm said resource despite the research requirement increase.

2 minutes ago, DrProfSirCarmen said:

Truly there is no one saltier then the people who can't handle the grind in this game.

Its not going away, its not getting reduced, its not the developers pumping warframe for all shes got, quit quoting something from nearly 2 years ago, get over it or just get lost.

I was expecting this to come a lot sooner to be honest. Ever since the announcement of DE being bought by the Chinese market, it was bound to happen.

Before anyone goes and quotes Steve saying that they'll still be able to do what they want, they're no longer their own entity. They are now a part of a larger corporate entity that focuses on making an income.

5 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

Not sure why some people are having resource problems.  Just play the game and you will get there.

WwM2WHs.png

Irrelevant screenshot of irrelevant resources.

The thread started about the immensely high cost of mutagen samples needed to research the newest weapon. Your screenshot doesn't show what amount you have to consider why people are up in arms over the newest additions to the game.

Edited by SurrealEdge
Phone typos everywhere

Fieldron Samples are similar in rarity to mutagen ... go figure.

I am at work which is why I couldn't take a screenshot.

When Sybar first came out people thought I bought it because "omg it needs godly amount of cryoptic"... I was sitting on 25k after I built the damn thing.

People just love to whine.

Edited by Karamethien

Just now, Karamethien said:

fieldron samples are not

if anything fieldron out of the 3 (detonite, fieldron, mutagen) is literally the most abundant resource.

Hell even your own screenshot upthere. Why is fieldron 3k higher in volume relative to detonite

and that screenshot reeks of draco with the high alloy plate/circuit count relative to ferrite so we're talking a much bigger difference than just 3k.

Mutagen mass, drops from two zones- Eris and Derelict. Nowhere else.

Detonite can be grabbed from any grineer planet and fieldron is the same thing except with corpus.

13 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

When Sybar first came out people thought I bought it because "omg it needs godly amount of cryoptic"... I was sitting on 25k after I built the damn thing.

People just love to whine.

I thought so too. Then I checked my inventory:

Fieldron samples - 5459

Detonite Ampule - 4212

Mutagen Sample - 503

^sure "similar" rarity, but MS can only be found in the derelict and Eris. The other two are found in many planets.

So it's not just people whining. Something is wrong if MANY veterans don't have enough (I've only seen two of you so far saying you have no problems).

EDIT: addional note, okay you have a lot. But DE is probably working with the same assumption as you; "oh just play and they'll get there". What is the percentage of the playerbase/26 million registered losers that have as much? The percentage of the new players? The percentage of players like you in A CLAN?

Edited by Irixa

2 hours ago, TennoPain said:

Grinding is too big ''DE say '' they reduced the ''grind'' but at this point i think there is somebody behing DE making decicions as they know they earn more money if the GRIND is bigger.

DE was bought by a Chinese chicken company my bet is on them twisting DE's plans abit.

But i still have faith that DE will listen and will change based on all the feedback.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

DE was bought by a Chinese chicken company my bet is on them twisting DE's plans abit.

But i still have faith that DE will listen and will change based on all the feedback.

Even I try to "believe" they will have to change something eventually before a whole other Ivara S#&$-storm hits the fan. 

Often wonder just how much DE would change if they put themselves in the position of the player for even a month and experienced the grind. At least Vauban could be obtainable within a couple of weeks. Hema can stretch out to something not even realistically acquirable for years in both small AND larger-based clans.

12 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

7000 Oxium is easily farmable.

Just do Cerberus like crazy or cryotic missions.
In fact, you will get 7k Oxium long before you get the Cryotic amounts for Sibear.

Did you know that they stealth nerfed Cerberus with starchart 3.0?

Try Cerberus now, you get half a round of what you used to get with 4 rounds AND with a Nekros. so a 93.75% nerf on spawn rate on the oxium drones. 

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, Valteria. said:

Did you know that they stealth nerfed Cerberus with starchart 3.0?

Try Cerberus now, you get half a round of what you used to get with 4 rounds AND with a Nekros. so a 93.75% nerf on spawn rate on the oxium drones. 

Go Baal with Nekros and you have lots of oxium in a short time

7 hours ago, PhiZero said:

I don't mean to pop the bubble, as I hate the mutagen mass costs of the Hema too; but, DE implied that players should form a clan only party to increase the drops by 4x, which we can assume also means to throw in both a Nekros and Hydroid with their respective augments. 

^ With that image and the absolute perfect conditions of a resource booster, four players in the same clan, and a Nekdroid pair, your clan could get aroun 30 mutagen per run...so 167 runs in total for the research IF you're in a ghost clan, or ~85 runs if you have two squads of four members.

Bottom line, you'd be better off and join a clan that mass recruits cannon fodder, as they have a higher amount of active members to farm said resource despite the research requirement increase.

The ressource booster costs plat and they claim not to be a Pay2Win. So you need 167*2 = 334 runs. Every run is about 20 min, so you need 6680 minutes which is 111 hours. When you play 6 hours a day (which is more than average) you need 18,5 days farming. And this means you're making nothing else, no Sorties, no Kuva, No whatever - sry, but this is insane.

7 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

The ressource booster costs plat and they claim not to be a Pay2Win. So you need 167*2 = 334 runs. Every run is about 20 min, so you need 6680 minutes which is 111 hours. When you play 6 hours a day (which is more than average) you need 18,5 days farming. And this means you're making nothing else, no Sorties, no Kuva, No whatever - sry, but this is insane.

Thought about adding that, but realized that Baro does bring resource boosters...sometimes. But yes, the everything with Hema research issue is complete insanity.

When did DE say they wanted to reduce the grind? Between the new relic system, riven mods, and new warframes and gear building requirements, none of those is congruent with that statement. Actions speak louder than words, and DE words seem to be lies

On Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2016 at 8:16 PM, Vance.Stubbs said:

People thought the same with Sibear cryotic requirements...

When I see a 15.000 Cryotic requirement, I think "what?, ok calm down, I have to focus on Excavations now for a while".

When I see a 10.000 Oxium requirement, I think "what?, ok think about it, I have to focus on some Corpus missions, kill the Opsreys before they explode and keep my eyes open for some Oxium alerts".

When I see a 5.000 Mutagen Sample requirement, I think 1st: "it's a bug", 2nd: "it's a joke" and when DE says 'Yes, it is intentional' I just think "ok DE, now take your new gun and put it 'JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE ALL THE WAY' in"

Result:
There where many high requirements that seems high for the very first moment and turned into a doable challenge, when you think about it.
Now it's the first requirement, where I can't see this way and that's annoying and frustrating.