Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Tomorrow will not be seven days.

4 hours ago, wolfking2k said:

Welp I keep forgetting how to count today.

First of all, you two, it depends on when and where you did the Infested Chair.

"Certain" information tells us that the growth mechanism should operate for 7 days, -after- infection

So, the day you get Injected, shuold trigger the script or what have you, to trigger the 7 days, In the next 24 hours, I -shuold- have the fully grown blob on my neck, as I got infected on day 1 or day 2 -right after- it was released, either the 2 I can not remember  

Thank You

Edited by LegionCynex
Less Sharky

I'm just happy to find out that Dojo infections are not actually real. I've read that Dojos only have the animation play, while the actual infection can only take place in mission after a results screen and account information updates accordingly. Either that, or my Ash Prime's bodily functions are 30 hours behind other frames'.

Edited by LazerSkink
It is literally impossible for me to post anything on the forums without editing it.

53 minutes ago, Eleodon said:

Ok, i noticed it too, but since it's  pretty ulgy and doesn't fit really well with my Titania, i want to know how to remove that  sh**. That make no sense and my Fariy Queen don't like it (I asked her)

I don't want it on my other frames as well so I made extra sure to quarantine it to my nidus, unfortunately you'll have to wait 7 days for it to fully grow to get rid of it

25 minutes ago, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

So when is it going to be revealed?

I heard some players saying tomorrow will be their 7th day and some saying in 2 days 

Nidus was released the 22nd, so tomorrow, the 29th, would be the earliest a Helminth infection would reach full gestation.

4 hours ago, Larred said:

when my warframe works (today has been weird) ive been getting close to everyone i can as nidus and doing as much trading as i can to join peoples dojos to spread it further 

You are lucky that in dojo you cant get radiation proc easly on yourself. still in missions it is not a problem to kill those Worms which use Nidus.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Because you're willfully propagating what is either a glitch or deliberate shenanigans by DE. Provide proof that the Alignment changes will be fixed, or continue to get shot on sight.

You! I like you!

Side note: got my Saryn Prime infected unintentionally and my alignment didn't change.
decided to not sit with my Nidus in the chair and kept Saryn in quarantine / played solo. Waiting for DE confirmation regarding the alignment issue. But it seems that infecting people or getting infected doesn't taint your alignment. Still, better be safe than sorry. 

Edited by TychusMechanicus

Just now, Headcrabwarrior said:

You're not wrong there, mate. 2016, the Year of Quality. 2017, the Year of Screwing You Losers As Hard As Possible.

If and when DE come out with a Platinum payable option to reset player Alignment, I'm gonna quote this thread all over the forums and laugh in absolutely everyone's faces.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

You're not wrong there, mate. 2016, the Year of Quality. 2017, the Year of Screwing You Losers As Hard As Possible.

If and when DE come out with a Platinum payable option to reset player Alignment, I'm gonna quote this thread all over the forums and laugh in absolutely everyone's faces.

Oh. In all honesty I didn't read the whole alignment change part, I just like infecting people.

Infestation best faction.

Never heard of anyone besides the infector getting an alignment change, got any proof?

8 minutes ago, Headcrabwarrior said:

Oh. In all honesty I didn't read the whole alignment change part, I just like infecting people.

Infestation best faction.

Never heard of anyone besides the infector getting an alignment change, got any proof?

Problem is it is inconclusive as the Glast Gambit did screw up a lot of people's alignments and around that time a lot of players bought Nidus then sat in the chair and spread this before the people started noticing it.

Now neutral and sun tenno did not dare risk their alignments messed with further and moon tenno cannot give any results obviously.

So far my complete sun reputation seems to be intact after getting infected but I have not spread this cyst and didn't sit in the dentist chair with my Nidus.

2 minutes ago, TychusMechanicus said:

Problem is it is inconclusive as the Glast Gambit did screw up a lot of people's alignments and around that time a lot of players bought Nidus then sat in the chair and spread this before the people started noticing it.

Now neutral and sun tenno did not dare risk their alignments messed with further and moon tenno cannot give any results obviously.

So far my complete sun reputation seems to be intact after getting infected but I have not spread this cyst and didn't sit in the dentist chair with my Nidus.

Actually, I've infected a couple people already, trying to get my alignment closer to moon.

As a straight-down-the-middle neutral, I saw 0 change whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Headcrabwarrior said:

Actually, I've infected a couple people already, trying to get my alignment closer to moon.

As a straight-down-the-middle neutral, I saw 0 change whatsoever.

I hope that it was only the Glast Gambit bug that freaked out everyone regarding this.

People removed the alignment change part from the Wikia as well. I may even venture ahead and do a control test today.

I'd be a lot more at ease if there was an official update from DE that this has no ties to the alignment and the reason people freak out is still TGG bug.

1 minute ago, TychusMechanicus said:

I hope that it was only the Glast Gambit bug that freaked out everyone regarding this.

People removed the alignment change part from the Wikia as well. I may even venture ahead and do a control test today.

I'd be a lot more at ease if there was an official update from DE that this has no ties to the alignment and the reason people freak out is still TGG bug.

Personally I'd still like it if the infector gets a bump to moon alignment. I'm not really happy being neutral.

T͞h͡a̢ţ ̸and͜ ̡it͟'̶s̨ l͓̠i̴͈̪ke̠̱͚ ̙̱͍̥̖̟n͕͚ͅo̜ ͖̫̲̼̜̪o̡͈̯̹ń̼̙̬̺e̷ ͇́ w͝҉̻̺̤̗̥͖a̶̴̢̳̟͙̲̤ͅń͔̩̫̝t̛̫͚̠̹̬̮ͅs̜̙͔ ͓͚̲̫͍ţ̖̮͎͉͓̰̼̥͟͜o̵̡͉̞̺ͅ ͏̥̹b̧̪̗e̻͓̰̼̭͞ I̴͋̓̈͑̂̆ͬͬ҉̣̺̥͇̦̩̫͇ͅn̵͎̩̫̫̙͒̓̊̆̓ͣͮf̹͎̖͈̪̩͓̘̭̅ͨ̅̽ͩ̚͡͠ę̶̠̣̳̔͐̕s͍ͪ̅̏̅ͭ̈ͩ͜t̸̫͉̦̱̹̔ͣ͂͊̄̚̚͢eͪ̐̐ͯ͂̂ͧ͏͔͇d̢̍҉̻̰̤͎̯͕̬̦

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

By now, I wouldn't believe them.

I started digging - perks of not having much to do at work between the holidays - and I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5km7y0/there_is_no_concrete_evidence_that_spreading_the/

I am feeling a bit better. I may go ahead and test this theory today if I have time.

I would like to apologize if this is not the right thread to post this, but I thought it'd be more appropriate since it's feedback/speculation.

So since DE introduced Kubrows (and Kavats) we all know that they deteriorate over time (if not maintained or no upgrade segment installed), but what if this is a way to "hault" the DNA degrading?  I've done a little research and noticed that the new mods have a preview for the Kubrow that looks similar to that of current designs, but what if it's their DNA that's changed to where they don't die?  I know that the wiki says:

"Recent DNA-altering technologies have been unearthed that can allow them to once again be domesticated, to become loyal and protective companions to their new owner. This process however leaves the domesticated animals riddled with degenerative defects that must be constantly repaired."

So by us (if this is the method that DE is going for) using the infestation to alter a already incubated Kubrow (adult or pup), would this change their DNA and fill in the deteriorating gaps?  Or would we have to combine the infestation we're "growing" into that of a unhatched/un-incubated egg to have those gaps filled?  

IF this is what they're going for then the same could be said with Kavats.  What do you think?