Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Augment(ation) idea's do you have for Nidus?

AnOldAlias

Well, there is his second ability. It seems a waste that it just dies off after all teh enemies it initially gets a hold of are killed off no matter your duration on it. Maybe we can make use of that duration? After its initial pull, it can either:

A: Pull additional enemies on

or

B: Hypnotize enemies to walk closer to it passively, like Djinn's ability.

Then his first ability, Other than the fact that most enemies wont stay a freaking straight line unless its a long corridor, an augment that expands the width of the line each time it hits an enemy would be nice, so it can scale to massive hordes of enemies as well. Maybe a radial explosion to adjacent enemies and spreads like Inaros' Scarab Swarm?

I created a Warframe last year that fulfills the same role as Nidus; you could probably take any of the mechanics of his powers that Nidus doesn't already have and use them as augments for Nidus.

Here's a link if interested: 

For example, I would use Theraph's Weave (ie, a minion summoning ability) as an augment for Nidus's Larva, in which the Infested Pod would harvest enemies and convert them into Infested Minions if they die while within its grasps, possibly at the expense of costing Mutation Stacks in some way. Or you could make Virulence entangle enemies in Infested flesh, and make it so killing those enemies also releases Maggots.

Just my input, anyway.

Edited by Krion112

What I would like to see as Augments:

Virulence:

• Virulence range is reduced by 50% 
  • In exchange Virulence is cast 360° around Nidus

Larva:

• Larva latches onto Enemies and generates 1 complete Stack per Enemie it latched on 
  • In exchange Larva does not pull Enemies in and increases their HP by 25%

Actually, if I may add onto this a bit..

21 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

An augment that spawns ancients or something bigger instead of maggots for the last ability. 

An augmentation for his #4 that basically consumes stacks as long as you hold the button, increasing the range of the infestation and the number of maggots spawned/how fast they spawn.
Or just make it so at certain stack levels it'll upgrade the minions to something better, with increased stack consumption.

With 100 Stacks consuming 100 stacks, making a juggernaught o:

Pulse- When Nidus' Larva drags its first victim to the center, it will begin to pulse. Every time it pulses it will damage the enemy and generate stacks for Nidus' infested resource. The amount of stacks depends on the number of enemies caught in the center of his Larva.

This will give his second ability a role other than CC.

Edited by Darkmoone1
name change

55 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Aggressive Parasitism -

Parasitic link will drag an enemy target along with you for the duration of the ability.  Every 5 kills made by parasitic linked allies add mutation stacks.

I like this, we could call it [Slave Mind]. Turns PL victim into an ally that follows you around and uses Virulence of it's own volition. the trade ff could be that 1) PL targets Virulence has reduced range, and 2) can no longer be cast on Allies, Bosses, or Eximus. What do you think?

I would also be excited if we got these for Augments:

1)Predatory Virulence- Virulence will now chain between 4/5/6 enemies

2)Epidemic-Ravenous Aug- Removes Duration. Consumes 10 stacks. Halves Range. Recast no longer consumes previous Ravenous patch. (Think Zerg Creep)

-OR- IF RECAST ON PREVIOUS PATCH, no longer consumes previous patch. Resets Duration. Increases                                                           spread of Ravenous. Consumes 10 Stacks (Frosts Globe stacks on itself, maybe Ravenous should too?)

Thoughts? Opinions? Scathing, scornful criticisms?

Edited by Bravely_Casual