Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who wants to play Prototype now?

Rivyn

21 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Prototype was great. Sucks how much potential they wasted in the sequel.  But not many games out there where you can grab a guy off the street, carry him to the top of the empire state building and give him a flying power bomb from the top of it.

imo proto 2 is better, more varied, and the hunt for the memories on the first was a chore. BUT Alex turning into the antagonist was kinda meh and the prota of the second was forgettable (Alex ftw)

Actually, i am downloading both Prototypes right now.
Yeah, i am using pirated version from torrents because i lost CDs (homeworld 2 original is also out there in space) in chaos while i moved from one to another residence. I am not proud of it...but i just had to play it. Its been a while since i played that masterpiece. Its still in my top 10 games of all time.

3 hours ago, Phatose said:

Prototype was great. Sucks how much potential they wasted in the sequel.  But not many games out there where you can grab a guy off the street, carry him to the top of the empire state building and give him a flying power bomb from the top of it.

Massively preferred the second to the first. Really loved the graphics, abilities and the atmosphere, but I was left wanting more (especially considering there was no third one). The character kind of got on my nerves too.

Disliked the first as I didn't like the graphics (snob ftw) and it felt really tedious and eventually I just wanted the game to end.

Have been wanting to replay 2 for a while but theres some sort of bug with the latest windows or something causing issues, so it requires digging and stuff.

Edited by Naith

25 minutes ago, Naith said:

Massively preferred the second to the first. Really loved the graphics, abilities and the atmosphere, but I was left wanting more (especially considering there was no third one). The character kind of got on my nerves too.

Disliked the first as I didn't like the graphics (snob ftw) and it felt really tedious and eventually I just wanted the game to end.

Have been wanting to replay 2 for a while but theres some sort of bug with the latest windows or something causing issues, so it requires digging and stuff.

I disliked the second one solely because it totally ignored the big reveal of the first game - You are not actually Alex Mercer.  You weren't even human.   The places they could've gone there - with a monster slowly becoming less evil as it absorbs people - would've been so much more interesting the Heller's generic story.