Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A weapon our high-resource loving overlords would enjoy. Something I expect to see in the years to come

Dergas

I made a new weapon just in time for the holidays. I tried to put myself into the mind of the devs when creating the cost requirements for this weapon. I couldn't decide how many Nitain it should require, but I chose 3 since it's Christmas. It has a new mechanic, so I believe the costs are rightly justified. For the base (the only part that requires something to be made in the dojo) the requirements are for a ghost dojo. If everyone works together, it should only take a few rounds of farming. It'll go even faster if somebody brings a Nekros!

5YGgCYV.jpg

Edited by Dergas
Added in the tidbit about the Nitain

3 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Energy Wing should only appear as a drop chance during Baro visits. You don't want this thing to be too easy, do you?

Oh but the point of the weapon is so that you can farm it in a few rounds! I certainly didn't want to put this weapon under a resource wall so ridiculous that the majority of players would either be forced to buy it with plat or go without it. I mean yeah, the resource requirement may be a teensy bit high, but it's only because it has a new mechanic.

Hmm, do we need Mutalist Nav Coordinates or Keys? Also, no cryotic or that new resource i heard about. The one you need 15x(Detonite Injector+Fieldron+Mutagen Mass) to craft, don't ask about research and BP costs?

Also, i do hope that Mastery Rank is in Tenno numbers!

23 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Hmm, do we need Mutalist Nav Coordinates or Keys? Also, no cryotic or that new resource i heard about. The one you need 15x(Detonite Injector+Fieldron+Mutagen Mass) to craft, don't ask about research and BP costs?

Also, i do hope that Mastery Rank is in Tenno numbers!

Just the Coordinates! This is a weapon that isn't supposed to be behind a paywall!

19 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Seems overpowered. There should be an 80% miss rate.

No, that's not how you conduct business... You have to give it a 20% miss rate first. Then nerf it to 50% in a month or so after a good chunk of players have it, and two weeks after that an additional 30% surprise nerf!

Edited by Dergas

Do people actually find passive-aggressive sarcasm inherently humorous or something?  I'm trying to find a joke here, but all I can see is bitterness.

Regardless of whether or not that bitterness is warranted (yes it is), I'm struggling to see the point of this thread that hasn't been said better in dozens of other threads.

1 hour ago, Dergas said:

Oh but the point of the weapon is so that you can farm it in a few rounds! I certainly didn't want to put this weapon under a resource wall so ridiculous that the majority of players would either be forced to buy it with plat or go without it. I mean yeah, the resource requirement may be a teensy bit high, but it's only because it has a new mechanic.

Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking coming up with such unreasonable requirements?

35 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Do people actually find passive-aggressive sarcasm inherently humorous or something?  I'm trying to find a joke here, but all I can see is bitterness.

Regardless of whether or not that bitterness is warranted (yes it is), I'm struggling to see the point of this thread that hasn't been said better in dozens of other threads.

It is a fun way for the powerless to vent steam in a place where 1) you dont really have to worry about white knights or getting warnings from devs 2) no one takes anything seriously.

DE does what they want, and you have only two options. Deal with it, make death threats to change their minds, or quit. 2 options. Dont make death threats.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
The sentence was bugging me

1 hour ago, Vox_Preliator said:

I drew it because it's related to the topic of Warframe (if the conversations stop then people will think that we've stopped caring about the absurdity of the research costs and the requirements will only begin to get more and more ridiculous) and because (no sarcasm intended) I wanted to draw something fun on Christmas

EDIT: And now it's moved to Off-topic because some devs weren't interested in seeing how others feel about the trend of increasing research costs.

Edited by Dergas

6 hours ago, Dergas said:

5YGgCYV.jpg

According to starchart 3.0, credit rewards has been reduce by half PLUS most players with 1000~2000 in games hours are roughly at X0,000,000~ish credits,so make each part of the credit requirement to 50 million makes more sense!!

Players should also join a 10 member active clan with everyone that are always online which they will discard their current interest and focus only on this particular research, then separate into 3 groups, 2 hydroids 1 nekros and 1 speed nova in two teams and one atlas and Ivara on the thrid team to increase their drop rate, which the Argon crystal requirement despite being reduced by half in every 24 hours should be set to 100,000 to accommodate their effort! 

Since we are adding more relics to the game, let's make a new map and pull all the non-vaulted Axi relics on Rot C and put all the golden mods on C as well! let the drop rate on this legendary weapon component be something below 1%!

Oh wait, players have the ability to purchase double resources and double drop rate along with credit boost!!! We might have to recalculate the end results again! BUT NAHHH it's Christmas!!! Let's just get our current end results and x50 the requirements!! Who would notice anyways!

Merry Christmas Tenno, we are going on a vacation in winter, so we wouldn't back until middle of January! Have fun with the awesome content we have delivered to you!