Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

anyone else getting tired of seeing nothing but Nidus in any party you join?

KisaPrime

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I got a feeling Nidus wont die down like other frames. By the time you want to play as Nidus. DE will had already released the music frame

Arent we all man. 

Yeah well it only took over a year of it being in practically every mirages' hands. Ember and Mirage w/ Simulor have been ruining my warframe experience for a long time now. Nothing like being forced to play solo because you might as well not be playing at all when like 75% of the playerbase uses the same OP S#&$ so they can skip all gameplay and get to the reward.

He is new so of course everyone is spamming him right now. Everyone who has him is leveling him up or putting in forma... it will die down. 

Plus, you probably want to get infected by Nidus anyways. Yeah, I am sure they will give us a way to hide the tumors, but Steve already hinted the infested room is part of the upcoming nemesis system and another new system as well. 

The "infection" from Nidus is almost certainly designed to allow other frames (especially for people who don't bother to get Nidus) to access the infested room and be part of the new systems. So let's be glad all the Nidus are making sure we all get good and infected before the new systems are even here. 

7 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

In your opinion maybe, as for me I've been ripping everything to shreds without effort.

That's not a matter of opinion. At higher levels 50+, unless you get decent stacks, you won't get enough damage on his 1. Once you get 15-25+ stacks, yes,he mows them down.   Lower level don't really matter almost every frame can oneshot them with only their abilities. He's a frame that gets better the longer the mission progresses, he can't compete with a lot of frames when we are talking about "right off the bat". 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

That's not a matter of opinion. At higher levels 50+, unless you get decent stacks, you won't get enough damage on his 1. Once you get 15-25+ stacks, yes,he mows them down.   Lower level don't really matter almost every frame can oneshot them with only their abilities. He's a frame that gets better the longer the mission progresses, he can't compete with a lot of frames when we are talking about "right off the bat". 

Exactly. What makes Nidus great is also what makes him balanced -- he can became very powerful, but only with slow, careful, strategic buildup in endless missions. He rewards thinking twice about using your most powerful abilities, because it costs more than just energy, it costs part of his buildup. Right off the gate, in non-endless missions, I hardly see myself even using him. In endless though... he has great potential. 

Just now, aligatorno said:

That's not a matter of opinion. At higher levels 50+, unless you get decent stacks, you won't get enough damage on his 1.  Lower level don't really matter almost every frame can oneshot them with only their abilities. He's a frame that gets better the longer the mission progresses, he can't compete with a lot of frames when we are talking about "right off the bat". 

Off the bat as in no forma required. And yeah, obviously you need to get stacks, which while tedious is easy to do. I'll agree that on short missions like rescue, capture and exterminate, there are way better choices, but on long missions he seems to be king.

Also Nidus is not only new but one of kind. No frame looks like infested, can get stronger as the match goes on. The second frame to have no shields. And dumb Cc and healing. Also he doesn't even need weapons. His one with his two does lots of damage to enemies. His 3 buffs his damage and prevents damage and also his 4 does CC buffs his one and heals him. And he is unkillable after he plays for a minute or two cause once he gets 10 stacks he doesn't die EVER!  

*WARNING SPOILER!*

He is also needed because only he can open the infested door.

Edited by jjadned

51 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Yeah well it only took over a year of it being in practically every mirages' hands. Ember and Mirage w/ Simulor have been ruining my warframe experience for a long time now. Nothing like being forced to play solo because you might as well not be playing at all when like 75% of the playerbase uses the same OP S#&$ so they can skip all gameplay and get to the reward.

I know exactly what you mean. Mirage and Ember with the simulor is kinda ruining the gameplay. Like I said before. I wouldn't be annoyed by it if it was necessary to get pass a hard mission. But other than that. Kinda getting tired of seeing Mirages. Not so much Ember. Can't wait for Mirage prime comes. Just because I'm so tired of seeing the normal varient Mirage

30 minutes ago, jjadned said:

And he is unkillable after he plays for a minute or two cause once he gets 10 stacks he doesn't die EVER!  

If he dies, 10 stacks are consumed. You are invulnerable for 5 seconds. After this you can take damage again. If you die again, you will lose another 10 stacks.
So yeah... he can die, but not that easily.
Inaros has his selfrevive and is more or less unkillable because of that...

22 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

If he dies, 10 stacks are consumed. You are invulnerable for 5 seconds. After this you can take damage again. If you die again, you will lose another 10 stacks.
So yeah... he can die, but not that easily.
Inaros has his selfrevive and is more or less unkillable because of that...

His selfrevive is unless at higher lvl and also he doesn't auto heal. He can use his two but it puts him in a bad spot that he can get one shot.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Exactly. What makes Nidus great is also what makes him balanced -- he can became very powerful, but only with slow, careful, strategic buildup in endless missions. He rewards thinking twice about using your most powerful abilities, because it costs more than just energy, it costs part of his buildup. Right off the gate, in non-endless missions, I hardly see myself even using him. In endless though... he has great potential. 

What's slow and strategic about spamming his stacking ability till cap? 

5 minutes ago, jjadned said:

His selfrevive is unless at higher lvl and also he doesn't auto heal. He can use his two but it puts him in a bad spot that he can get one shot.

Ever tried Inaros' 1 and a Dagger?
And why is his Selfrevive useless at higher levels?
And if Inaros' 2 puts him in a bad spot so does Nidus' selfrevive, because it's near to impossible to build up 10 stacks in 5 seconds invulnerability.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

And if Inaros' 2 puts him in a bad spot so does Nidus' selfrevive, because it's near to impossible to build up 10 stacks in 5 seconds invulnerability.

With inaros one at high lvls can get one shot by a bombard or a sorch ETC. with his two it's the same deal. With Nidus he uses his 2 then 1 to stack his passive. So if he's at ten or more he will use his two then 1 and then run away. The enemies will be CC'd/killed or will just run away.

3 minutes ago, jjadned said:

With inaros one at high lvls can get one shot by a bombard or a sorch ETC. with his two it's the same deal. With Nidus he uses his 2 then 1 to stack his passive. So if he's at ten or more he will use his two then 1 and then run away. The enemies will be CC'd/killed or will just run away.

So why not use Inaros' 4 for some CC? And you can't get hurt while performing Finishers. So you are pretty safe while doing that. And your 1 should CC enemies for quite some time.
You make it sound as if Inaros would be complete garbage, and Nidus would be OP as F***...

Edited by WhiteMarker
Kleine Änderung

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

So why not use Inaros' 4 for some CC? And you can't get hurt while performing Finishers. So you are pretty safe while doing that. And your 1 should CC enemies for quite some time.
You make it sound as if Inaros is complete garbage, and Nidus is OP as F***...

For the most part that's kind of true. Inaros uses his 4 for armor and a little CC. And his 1-2 to heal him after his for. Done just use your 1-2 or health pads when you get low. Your done do your mission. With Nidus not a single one of your powers you don't use. Your one is super important and your 2 to help with your 1 when it comes to corpus and grinner. Your 3 makes you tanky or buffs you and your ally. And your 4 does a lot of good things. Plus your passive making you a beast. (Passive healing)

Edited by jjadned

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If you're soloing then his revive is useless because you need to kill two enemies with it. Inaros' 2 has an animation delay after you stop devouring an enemy, which means you are a sitting duck for about 2 seconds.

6 hours ago, Darkmoone1 said:

Not really because it's the same thing as anything when something new comes out. People want to play with their shiny new toy. Let them.

In that case people should stop nagging about Nekros 4th skill getting in the way. 

It's all nice to not try to be a hypocrite and all, but I just don't see any problem with seeing a lot of Nidus players, but that's just me.

I've run quite a few sorties and alerts here and there; usually at least 1 Nidus player, and I can say, I haven't really thought much about it, other than its abilities look awesome and seems fun to use. Though you are right about not being able to see anything, though technically, not nothing, but at least makes it harder to see our surroundings; not bothered by it too much, as of now.