Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are you hoping the Sun/Moon Alignment will work?

(PSN)Stanicek3

The alignment system with the sun and moon is so far quite useless. We have Nidus slowly chipping us towards the dark side now, and no way to fix it. What do you would be a good way to fully implement this system?

I was thinking about the Demon Points system in MGSV. Certain actions give demon points, certain actions take away. It could work so that:

1. Reviving a player/ally gives positive points, but letting them die while 5-10 meters away takes them away

2. Killing the trapped Corpus on Eris infested ships will give sun points

3. Completing a vault without alarms gives sun points, triggering alarms but completing gives less, losing data takes away. 

This is just how I'm hoping it will work with a few ideas, just some things to give us some sun ideas. What are your ideas/concerns/hopes?

How are you hoping the Sun/Moon Alignment will work?

unobtrusively.

Given how out of touch the warframe writing is with any reasonable sense of morality (we're mass murderers, psychopathic mercenaries, child soldiers... our very existence is a war crime, and Lotus talks to us about right, wrong, justice, and honor), the less interaction this alignment system has with gameplay, the better.

My number one hope for the system is that it will alter The Operator's mid-mission dialogue so that the character/tone matches their alignment.

Since The Operator is supposed to represent us, I think it's criminal that we have virtually no hand in how they react to the world -- they will say 'you'd think they'd clone something less ugly' no matter what we want. Allow different comments/attitudes for light, dark, and neutral dispositions.

As for allowing us to change alignment...

My hope is that once The Operator gameplay is ironed out, there will be a new mission type that is Operator only. This will allow for a lot of new mission ideas, including Transferring into enemies to solve puzzles, and using Void Walks to get through traps. The reward for this mission type would be a large sum of Focus Points, and it would be the equivalent to Syndicate Missions awarding a lump sum of Syndicate Rep.

However, similar to Sabotage Missions, the Operator missions would have multiple methods of completion. Depending on which you pursue, you would also be awarded with an alignment shift in that direction. Like Syndicate missions, they would be a 1/day thing, so you couldn't easily flip back and forth between Alignments and you would need to consider your decisions, but it wouldn't be possible to dig yourself into a hole.

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

My number one hope for the system is that it will alter The Operator's mid-mission dialogue so that the character/tone matches their alignment.

Since The Operator is supposed to represent us, I think it's criminal that we have virtually no hand in how they react to the world -- they will say 'you'd think they'd clone something less ugly' no matter what we want. Allow different comments/attitudes for light, dark, and neutral dispositions.

My hope is that once The Operator gameplay is ironed out, there will be a new mission type that is Operator only. This will allow for a lot of new mission ideas, including Transferring into enemies to solve puzzles, and using Void Walks to get through traps. The reward for this mission type would be a large sum of Focus Points, and it would be the equivalent to Syndicate Missions awarding a lump sum of Syndicate Rep.

However, similar to Sabotage Missions, the Operator missions would have multiple methods of completion. Depending on which you pursue, you would also be awarded with an alignment shift in that direction. Like Syndicate missions, they would be a 1/day thing, so you couldn't easily flip back and forth between Alignments and you would need to consider your decisions, but it wouldn't be possible to dig yourself into a hole.

This is actually an amazing idea o:

12 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

It's like a wet dream come true.

9 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, I've given up on hoping that DE will actually do anything so interesting or appropriate with Operators. War Within was basically the answer to an entire year's worth of people asking whether we were going to be able to control Operator transmissions, or choose dialogue lines, or set Operator attitudes, basically have any input whatsoever at all in any way, ever, on the characterisation of the Operator. The answer was no. The Operator is a child, a plucky kid with plucky kid dialogue and characterisation. Not a Jedi, not a Sith, not a Ninja, not a Samurai.

That aside, DE are currently forcing everyone into the Moon alignment no matter what. If you have the Nidus infection, move towards Moon. If you infect anyone else, move towards Moon.

I am...not impressed. Ever since War Within, I've been waiting for DE to come out with some kind of statement explaining what the eff they are aiming for, because right now it's a wild, schizophrenic mess, and I don't trust them not to balls it up.

I'm just really tired of being asked to make decisions before I have any idea what the result of those decisions will be. It happened during the 2nd dream, during TWW, and now during the glast gambit, and it's getting really old. Whatever else they do, there needs to be a reasonable way to change alignment once we know what it actually does.

20 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I'm just really tired of being asked to make decisions before I have any idea what the result of those decisions will be. It happened during the 2nd dream, during TWW, and now during the glast gambit, and it's getting really old. Whatever else they do, there needs to be a reasonable way to change alignment once we know what it actually does.

Don't worry, DE are resolving the issue by taking it out of the hands of players altogether. The new infection mechanic is apparently driving everyone towards Moon.

10 minutes ago, Unus said:

I wonder what'll happen when the sun players become a micro minority and the moon players become the overwhelming majority of the population? Assumeing the helminthian plague ( just the name makes me nauseated ) continues to spread, sunners, eclipsers, and balancefolk will soon be quite the rare breed.

I just assume that for Plot reasons, DE want pretty much everyone to go Moon alignment, regardless of their choices, which is a bit of a bloody cop out to be quite honest.

By now, I am trying to think of a single creative decisions which DE have made since War Within which has not caused me to sigh in disgust, and I'm pretty much drawing a blank. The Hirudo are a nice weapon, I guess.

Alright, I was pretty harsh yesterday. Uh, that's not to say that I retract my statements, I still think DE are making mistakes at a rate of knots and really need to pull out of what looks like a helluva dive, but I do have one nice thing to say about the alignment system:

During the War Within, the impression I received is that Sun, Moon, and Balance are not just Good, Evil, and Neutral. That's not what they are at all. They don't measure whether you were naughty or nice. They measure whether you rejectembrace, or control, and what you're rejecting, embracing, and controlling is the power of the Void, the call of violence. The impression I received is that it's possible to be a 'good' Moon aligned Tenno, because you'll be a destructive force of nature who manages to aim the violence at other destructive elements in the system and save innocents, and that it should be equally possible to be a 'bad' Sun aligned Tenno, because you reject power and violence but also won't accept full responsibility for inaction. A 'bad' Sun aligned Tenno might leave people to die and abandon others to their fate where a 'good' Moon aligned Tenno might have saved them through the violence of action.

It remains to be seen whether this is how it works going forward, or whether DE will simply treat it as a boring old Good/Evil Alignment system.

Spoilers: Based on how DE handle every other potentially interesting and original addition to the game, they'll suck all of the originality out of it and turn it into a sliding scale of sunshine and happiness vs kitten eating wickedness ASAP.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I honestly hope it just sits there, doing nothing. I mean, the alignment is somthing you can show your moral preference, and it is not supposed to be a judgement of good/evil. If your previous preference has a big impact on the story/quest later, player could regret the choices they made and that causes more chaos and complaints I can assure you.

I hope I can learn 

Force Lightning/Choke if I turn to the dark side

and

Force Protection/Absorb if I remain in the light

Oh wait...wrong side of the forum..ahem...I'll excuse myself now.

======

======

quite likely that has something to do with the infested arm super weapon thing we saw a year ago.

different ways or different arms...just a guess.