Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you guys usually bring to Sortie Defense?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

Alright, I'm asking because I usually run slow Nova on Sortie Defense runs, but I'm a bit tired of being insulted half of the times because I'm slowing down the mission(apparently giving everyone the chance to oneshot any enemy with any weapon is not good enough). 

Then, before starting today one I wondered what could I bring to be useful to the team: I thought about Ash but doesn't really fit into the "useful to the team" category, so I'm asking myself what the majority of players are welcoming in a Defense Sortie. 

What frame do you find most valuable in such a mission? 

Edited by siralextraffo

Honestly, my go to frames are Slowva, Limbro, Frost, Ivara, and now Nidus. The weapons vary depending on faction and any mission limitations. If possible, I always bring my corrosive and blast damage pox. That will make quick work out of anything and groups as it's a solid aoe based stunlock.

Our general duo go to frames for sortie defense are Nyx and Safeguard Nezha.  Sometimes we swap one or both out for Frost, Disarm Loki, slow Nova, Saryn, Ash, Vauban, Mesa, or Limbo, depending on the condition and enemy type.  Limbo is great for sortie defense because he can put the hostage in the rift, but I don't like using him too much because I want to contribute in terms of damage and crowd control as well.  Of course you also get the whiners who don't understand Limbo's powers.

You bring whatever you think is good for the mission.  Others have no right to complain especially if it's a random team.  They can leave the session if they don't like the team composition or make their own pre-formed team.  Personally I'd be happy to have a slow Nova on the team because too many pug teams don't have enough DPS to handle fast Nova on sortie level defense.  I rather have a nice, relaxing mission than have to constantly revive some random dude because they weren't prepared.  As for Ash, he's main job is the kill things so that's still contribute to the team especially melee only condition. 

I just have to say you are unfortunate to have play with s-holes who don't appreciate nova's power.

Just bring whatever frame you feels like. It is your game, not theirs.

If any player blame you for this and that, you will know that player is lousy and cannot hold on his own. Unless you don't revive them or fail spy etc... then it will be your fault lol

Depends.

Sometimes I want to show off my killing skills, I bring Frost with his 4th ability to freeze enemies in wide range, kill them one by one with Rakta Cernos.

Sometimes I'm too lazy to do stuff, I bring limbo, hide into the void and banish the hostage, then pray for my teammates to kill the enemies without much trouble, while me sitting on my chair and watch some videos or books. I know, I'm an a**hole.

Unfortunate for Ash, I used to bring him in most sortie defense and press 4 to win, now it is just not very efficient.

Might also want to mention, my Frost build for max Efficiency, and Avalanche has about 6 seconds freeze, with Zenurik on, I'm able to continuously cast my 4th to prevent enemies from moving and shooting, even on Energy Reduction.

Assume I join public which I always does, not a pre-made team, which usually require for specific frame.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Akabane85 said:

Unfortunate for Ash, I used to bring him in most sortie defense and press 4 to win, now it is just not very efficient.

Ash is great for defense sorties.  Use Smoke Shadow to keep target invisible and Fatal Teleport with Covert Lethality Dagger to get rid of the enemies your weapon can't kill.  Only use Blade Storm on non-heavy enemies.  For non-melee weapon specific sorties, you can also use Seeking Shuriken to remove enemy armor to make your weapon a lot more effective.

If a side-arm is allowed, give the Sonicor to the defense target as an "emergency" weapon just to keep the enemies away while you apply Smoke Shadow.

I'll go on record for hating Limbo for sortie defense.  He makes you not lose while also not (really) helping you win either.  You might as well just have a three man squad that will have just as easy of a time not losing if they all know how to play.

My go to frames are disarm loki and peaceful provocation equinox, lately using the latter more and more.  74% slowing in a reasonable radius that doesn't gimp the flow of enemies, rest to lock down a crowd and health restore whenever you want it.  Plus the added bonus that you can shift into one of the best damage frames in the game at the touch of a button.  That's a lot to like.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

Ash is great for defense sorties.  Use Smoke Shadow to keep target invisible and Fatal Teleport with Covert Lethality Dagger to get rid of the enemies your weapon can't kill.  Only use Blade Storm on non-heavy enemies.  For non-melee weapon specific sorties, you can also use Seeking Shuriken to remove enemy armor to make your weapon a lot more effective.

If a side-arm is allowed, give the Sonicor to the defense target as an "emergency" weapon just to keep the enemies away while you apply Smoke Shadow.

Now you've mention. I'll use it as you say and hope there will be a change in my current opinion.

On 12/28/2016 at 0:26 PM, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

Limbo, banish dood bruh or lady dood, then yourself, eat cereal.. Thats what I do ^^

See I am all about Limbo on Sortie Def. 

However, the hate he receives really did make me think twice. Eventhough I can honestly say I dont think I ever failed a sortie defense when I was using Limbo. 

Yes I barely killed anything, but I saw my role as "you have one job. Keep him alive"

Still I decided to get into putting down enemies business...so now I rotate between

Assimilate Nyx 

Vauban + Ignis (I hate aiming) + Zenistar (which really once I got that bad boy I have refused to use anyother melee). 

Chroma and my 5 forma Soma prime

Mesa (especially on Corpus...)

BUT I have decided to find a frame that was useful to the mission but would show folks that there were worse things than Limbo in a Sortie Def.

So I have found a way to make Hydroid work...

Hydroid (yes thats me on PS4 using Hydroid on Sorties). 

Undertow on any enemy close to target, pop-up hit with that Vaykor Hek and repeat. 

I rarely go down, except when I go down into a puddle. It makes the sortie interesting and hectic. 

Which to me is fun

Good tactic if you can keep your energies up.  You shouldn't take any status dmg while in undertow (which is kinda funny), and a sentinel will still heal you.

Another bit of advice, carry and have it equipped, any weep from Cephalon Suda that will pop "Entropy" the bursts will fill a bit of energy when in undertow.

I'm going to try your Assimilate Nyx idea w/ max range, i thinks it's 14m which should cover the spy, then you can mega kill at will.

Take Limbo to guarantee success, rift the hostage and keep him rifted. I do that when it's late at night and i'm feeling tired....but when i really feel like playing i take a SPEED NOVA! Might sound crazy but no, take a OP Melee and Naramon's Shadow Step<--can even solo the mission quick with this, only gets a bit tough with Corpus cause nullies and Bursa but still works.

Solo I'd bring smoke shadow Ash, Frost, or Nidus. Only issue for nidus is defense objective person doesnt like medicinal....herbs....good news is they shouldnt be moving too far away and if they do, nidus's 2 usually gets nearby enemies occupied