The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you like to be able to change frame during the mission?

Cloud

What I propose to you is the ability to choose from a variety of 3 frames who can be set up from the options in the liset, to be switched between during the mission.

Would you like it?

If No, why?

PS: Ofc , when you switch to a different frame, all the powers of previous one will be deactivated.

Edited by Cloud

Maybe the ability at the start of the mission would be useful so you could change to a frame that's more beneficial to the team.   I'm not sure having it all the way through would be a good idea although there has been suggestions about another landing craft that has the ability to drop down a different weapon loadout and/or frame etc/ which might be a good way to go...

3 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

No. Because it's useless.

Arsenal + agreeing with your team beforehand.

I think he was referring more to joining random open groups that are already in mission, in which case this would be somewhat useful..

Overall, I don't think it's that great of an idea, you'd be able to solo everything in the game which is exactly the opposite of "co-op"

44 minutes ago, Cloud said:

What I propose to you is the ability to choose from a variety of 3 frames who can be set up from the options in the liset, to be switched between during the mission.

Would you like it?

If No, why?

38 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Maybe the ability at the start of the mission would be useful so you could change to a frame that's more beneficial to the team.   I'm not sure having it all the way through would be a good idea although there has been suggestions about another landing craft that has the ability to drop down a different weapon loadout and/or frame etc/ which might be a good way to go...

I'm with LSG501, the ability to change your frame at the start of the mission yes.  Load in with the wrong frame, or do a pub match and see that someone else took the frame you did.  Any reason but I don't think that being able to change frame all the time would be a great idea.  too easy to cheese the game.  Changing builds on the other hand might be interesting and acceptable.  

17 minutes ago, Gruumzh said:

I think he was referring more to joining random open groups that are already in mission, in which case this would be somewhat useful..

Overall, I don't think it's that great of an idea, you'd be able to solo everything in the game which is exactly the opposite of "co-op"

You can solo everything already and why is it bad for players to have that option, but i think no this would not be a good Feature because you select your stuff before mission for a reason  (because it is good or you like it) so no if i join a Public match and see that we have 4 Novas so be it. A Pro for that would be that you can lvl more stuff in one mission.

I say no because too OP.
It give too much variety and allow multiple overpowered combinasions of frames in the same team.

It's a bit like giving us 12 powers on the same frame instead 4...

It can be intersting but with a too high exploit potential, so no.

I rather have the option to change loadout if by chance I happen to forget before joining a group, at least that would help on both public and recruited sessions.

Tennoed

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I'd like to be able to switch between A/B/C mod loadouts.

Edited by Souldend78

Well I don't see all of this power creep apocalypse, since ofc all the powers and effects of the previous frame would be cancelled. According to me, this would make the game more dynamic and fun, and the chance to change your frame according to the objectives and development of the mission seems pretty interesting.

2 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

The fact that I understand OP's idea does not make it inherently worthwhile.

Well I never said the idea was any good to begin with, but you're clearly misunderstanding point made in my post. Your argument, with which you're implying that the idea is useless, has nothing to do with what OP was suggesting in the part of the post that you quoted yourself. You're saying this idea is useless because a player can just communicate to his squad about who's gonna run what frame, while the same sentence you're directing that to is about having the option to change your warframe according to what other players in the squad are using, once you have already clicked on a mission and joined a random open squad (that obviously indicates you are not assembling the group before starting the mission).

Anyway, i'll stop beating the dead horse and drop this, I already shared my opinion about the idea for what's it worth.

Switching during mission might be a bit much but I would love to have the ability to set up a sort of team-matching priority system for what Frame I'll be playing from the start.

So what I mean there is let's say there's a Defense Mission so I load up as Frost. But then once we load we have 3 Frosts.

So I'd like to be able to set my Priority as something like : 1/A) Vauban, 2/B) Nova, 3/C Frost.

Then if there are any other Frosts in group upon loading I can swap to Vauban or Nova.

But if I had picked Nova and we had no Frost then I can load as Frost.

Having more than 1 Nova also 99.999% useless as Mo-Prime's don't stack, overlap or interact in any way. 

Multiple Frosts aren't terrible but if we have 1 Frost that is on point with Chilling Globe then we don't need more of that. 

At the very least being able to swap between the ABC loadout would help so that I could swap over to an Ice Wave Impedance or Avalanche build.

And yes you can go to the bother of recruiting a group before a mission and coordinate who brings what, but that's not the point.

Most of the time if my friends aren't on I actually enjoy just popping into a mission with a random Pub' but sometimes random is a little too random.

And it'd be nice to be able to take that screen loading / cutscene time to do something useful like see what our Party comp is and swap to a backup Frame real quick.