Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

Alright so like I already made an adorable disgusting Helminthe Charger right? But the thing is I got more cyst on more frames and I don't want to make more chargers.  Is there another way that I can get rid of this damn RUMPLEPIMPLE WITH A HAIR ON IT?! My beautiful Excalibur is suffering from it and it hurts me mentally and physically!

10 hours ago, wachtung said:

To infect others you need to first open the infested room and then get injected, and only once the pink cyst appears on Nidus you can infect others. 

And mind you, Nidus is really really good, we just need an actuall cure.

I did sit in the chair and get injected.

If i'd known that was what would start it all I wouldn't have sat in it. This was really badly implemented. 

1 minute ago, Ailissa said:

I did sit in the chair and get injected.

If i'd known that was what would start it all I wouldn't have sat in it. This was really badly implemented. 

Don't worry, even having the cyst on a different frame lets you infect others. It's pretty much unavoidable at this point unless you go completely solo.

2 minutes ago, JamesDC said:

Don't worry, even having the cyst on a different frame lets you infect others. It's pretty much unavoidable at this point unless you go completely solo.

That's pretty much what i'm doing. 

Well, to be fair I haven't logged in much since it started. I'm waiting for this "cure" whatever it may be.

On 12/30/2016 at 3:39 PM, Smilomaniac said:

Yeah this time we'll get to drain it to make a crawler based on the Kavat skeleton.

But yeah, they pretty much have to make a cure, otherwise you'd be forced to either have it forever or incubate a new charger for every warframe you own. We might be able to disable the graphic of all cysts at some point, which would only be fair.

I would love to see a infested kavat.

Edit: that wouldn't make sense because they eat the infested i think

Edited by (XB1)HenCeption

Just now, Ailissa said:

That's pretty much what i'm doing. 

Well, to be fair I haven't logged in much since it started. I'm waiting for this "cure" whatever it may be.

I was thinking that they'd just completely remove the cysts from the game at some point, but then there'd be no way to get a charger. So anyone's guess is as good.

4 minutes ago, JamesDC said:

I was thinking that they'd just completely remove the cysts from the game at some point, but then there'd be no way to get a charger. So anyone's guess is as good.

I'm guessing it will be an injection on the market or something similar. 

43 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

it's amazing how easily some people get riled up about something so harmless. myself, i liked the idea and all consequences too - and i like to laugh at all those fashion-frame crybabies complaining about the little cyst.

Look, you're really cool and made of tougher stuff than most, but lemme say, as a thin skinned fashion-frame crybaby; this virus is upsetting. Warframe has no real end game. Endless missions have no real purpose anymore, I've built the frames I want, built the weapons I want, acquired and ranked the mods I want, and now.... There's nothing to work towards other than fashion-frame. The cyst is a bright color, grows to a size that is impossible to ignore, and even sprouts a tentacle. The one way to deal with it takes non trivial amounts of resources and time. If I want to remove the cysts from all my frames it will take hundreds of thousands of credits, and more than a week of forge and incubation times. That would be frustrating enough, but the fact that frames can be re-infected means that those credits, argon crystals, and incubation time was wasted. And what about a poor new player who hasn't even built and incubator yet?

Ultimately I think the idea of a community spread virus that grows into a pet is fine, but not having a quick and permanent cure is just unacceptable when it hurts the one thing that a large portion of deeply invested players care about.

12 hours ago, -Epcot- said:

What are you talking about? I'm saying you can get everything in the game for free besides certain cosmetic items that you pay money for... I'm saying they won't make a remover for the cyst on your frames neck for a price. You might have to work to get rid of it but I highly doubt you will have to pay real life money to do so

Are you sure? Btw It supposed to be a joke and a parody of DE. Now you can drop your seriousness for a few second and laugh a little bit.

Edited by Sziklamester

tbh it's kinda annoying to see it there on the frame again after draining it to make the *MR fodder* charger.

1st time, okay, wondering what to do with it, looks funny

2nd time it appears, who the heck infected me again?

Perhaps it's time to jump out of a mission when you see a nidus player or play solo for the time being until there's a cure other than having to incubate another charger

Half my warframes have neck boils and I think it's gross (not in a cool fun gross way). In a game where cosmetics are a large part of revenue, why force this on your customers?  I like warframe for a lot of reasons, a clean shiny game with a sharp interface.. it's good. I like missions against infested, but I'm not in love with the idea of playing as one. It's alright though, and his mechanics are great with the exception of one. He spreads a disfiguring virus to his friends and forces people to contemplate cyst draining.  Not just acnepheliacs that maybe dig the idea of some creature being born out of a neck pustule, but also the folks that would rather not have anything to do with it. So yeah, love the game, but not a fan of the most recent cosmetic update. Turned off enough to play something else until there's a vaccine and a cure.

2 hours ago, LordNero86 said:

tbh it's kinda annoying to see it there on the frame again after draining it to make the *MR fodder* charger.

1st time, okay, wondering what to do with it, looks funny

2nd time it appears, who the heck infected me again?

Perhaps it's time to jump out of a mission when you see a nidus player or play solo for the time being until there's a cure other than having to incubate another charger

Yeah so im playing solo at tgis point. DE like:" here have a deluxe skin" and here a present for your deluxe skin for new year: LIVING MUTATED WORM ON YOUR FASHIONABLE WARFRAME BECAUSE ** YOU.

I am very disappointed that the only current way to rid every single one of your infected frames of the cyst is by purchasing a stasis slot, obtaining a Kubrow Egg, and building a Power Core. Though even then it doesn't matter becuse you only gain an extra day to be cyst free due to the fact it begins growth again 24 hours later.

Please DE, if you are to introduce a cure, I sincerely request you release it ASAP. Because of this seemingly rushed system, I am forced to spend Platinum for every frame of mine that's unfortunately been infected in an infinite cycle. I would also like to request that spreading it be removed, but one thing at a time.

I would like this [currently] perpetual curse off my warframes for good.

Edited by LazerSkink

7 hours ago, JamesDC said:

Bit rude. That's like giving your entire country the flu so they'll go and buy the vaccine.

Create the disease so they buy the cure.

Pharmaceutical monopoly.

I've been trying to level my Nidus but i'd sat in the chair without realising what it did because nothing was explained at all (great implementation DE).

Someone told me how the infection passed on and seeing how annoyed I was with getting it on one of my frames I know it's annoying other people. So now i'm stuck either playing solo or not playing at all until they fix the terrible way they introduced this.

I get they wanted to cash in on a new frame at Christmas but they should have left that door shut until they could dedicate enough time to implementing it right.

Edited by Ailissa

just did a roster check of all my frames and more than half of them have the infection because i like variety and swap frames often (NEED MORE LOADOUT SLOTS).

i feel really grossed out that "i" have some pink blob growing out of "my" neck that:

1. i can't get rid of (no known cure right now)
  2. i can get just from playing in a group (coz you just need to stand next to an infected frame to pick it up and i'm not going to go around checking my teammates for lumps)

i'd like an option to prevent my uninfected frames from picking it up, and for cured frames to have some sort of immunity and not have it recur even if an infected teammate rubs necks with me (nearly puked at that thought). i'm sure i'm in a minority but some of us have a fear of yucky lumps on "ourselves", if you know what i mean. if you want to be a space leper, go right ahead. just leave me pure and undiseased, thanks very much.

It was made to access the Helminth Charger at last second without much thought about the after effects of implementation.  After break, DE will be coming back to the Helminth Charge acquisition, and I'm assuming the cyst, being part of that process, will be addressed as well.  

17 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

I am very disappointed that the only current way to rid every single one of your infected frames of the cyst is by purchasing a stasis slot, obtaining a Kubrow Egg, and building a Power Core. Though even then it doesn't matter becuse you only gain an extra day to be cyst free due to the fact it begins growth again 24 hours later.

Please DE, if you are to introduce a cure, I sincerely request you release it ASAP. Because of this seemingly rushed system, I am forced to spend Platinum for every frame of mine that's unfortunately been infected in an infinite cycle. I would also like to request that spreading it be removed, but one thing at a time.

I would like this [currently] perpetual curse off my warframes for good.

Brother. Do not waste your money on occultism and such a things like charger army. Wait till the DE will release a pay free solution as cure our warframes once for all. Instead of this try to avoid the pubs and play with not infected friends on friends only matches. Still there is no other solution to do this maybe in this week they will release an antidote for solve this problem.

I know everyone mostly except few are frustrated and furiated by this plague but keep calm and wait it is now nothing much to do.

3 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

It was made to access the Helminth Charger at last second without much thought about the after effects of implementation

This I'm aware of, and I would have much rather preferred they kept the door shut until it was ready for implementation and then adjusted according to feedback post release.

3 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

Brother. Do not waste your money on occultism and such a things like charger army. Wait till the DE will release a pay free solution as cure our warframes once for all. Instead of this try to avoid the pubs and play with not infected friends on friends only matches. Still there is no other solution to do this maybe in this week they will release an antidote for solve this problem.

I know everyone mostly except few are frustrated and furiated by this plague but keep calm and wait it is now nothing much to do.

Yes, I am quite hotheaded that I have to stare at the hideous thing for weeks to come and I'm really hoping it takes priority. I don't want a cure taking as long as it's taking Nef Anyo to be reworked (aka 20+ months).